Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Heh I actually like that one. Sure it makes "hard" to get his mod in a pack, but it's damn original and funny. Maybe he just want to recruit more modders.
Probably not... And some people are just not that great at java coding. Plus what if you everything you want in your pack has a mod for it? It wouldn't make to sense to make a mod you don't need...[DOUBLEPOST=1405014105][/DOUBLEPOST]
IIRC he wanted to reduce the amount of Resonant Monsters (jumbo packs)
and I understand THAT, but knowing how to make a mod and making a good one are 2 VERY different things.[DOUBLEPOST=1405014245][/DOUBLEPOST]
If any of you actually thought that was serious I have serious reservations about this forum...
after I read a few sentences I kinda figured it was BS

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thought maybe it was serious. Clicked Link. Saw top of page banner. Knew they were all taking the piss. Worried I might fit in there and enjoy the community of assholes and trolls more then this community of jerkasses and trolls.[DOUBLEPOST=1405015141][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'd question why on earth you are playing on a server where the IQ requirement seems to be equal to a dead gnat?
Gonna guess because it's hard to prove that they aren't that utterly retarded unless you have ban hammer admins, a blacklist, and getting unbanned requires some actual thinking. Because no matter how stupid someone is, do not think for a moment that they aren't clever. They are human and we are good at being clever, cunning, and all sorts of other somewhat positive things that tend to only be used for bad reasons.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-10_20-5-34.png
    upload_2014-7-10_20-5-34.png
    205.1 KB · Views: 263
  • upload_2014-7-10_20-5-53.png
    upload_2014-7-10_20-5-53.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 222
  • upload_2014-7-10_20-6-25.png
    upload_2014-7-10_20-6-25.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 224
  • upload_2014-7-10_20-6-48.png
    upload_2014-7-10_20-6-48.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 199

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
#1 That's ignorance, not stupidity. Maybe even snobbish condescending. When I played vanilla, the entire community looked down on mods. We lost half the server when ftb dropped in 1.4.2. Nuff said.

#2 I find the concept of getting permission to play mods rather stupid. I adhere to it just to be in compliance with the community. But its a stupid, stupid concept to me. "Hey! I made a free mod for a game you paid for. I really want people to play with it. But I have a long list of stipulations before you play this free software that I gave away and can't stop you from doing whatever you want with."

Perms are stupid. I follow them, but to me, they are stupid. I can follow certain lines of thought about it, but I think they're stupid in general.

#3 Your friend knows what they want. That's actually a very clear thinking individual. I like your friend.
1. meh, after that he asked me to get him and his freinds hacked accounts soooooo

2.eh. to each their own.

3.i have to agree there, it was more silly than stupid.(i was expecting a FTB style pack) (i still made him a pack, and it was pretty fun)

Reactions: YX33A and RedBoss

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
oops. i forgot. goddamnit.

"Jadedcat is the only person or entity with permission to publicly link to or copy content from this blog elsewhere on the internet"

@YX33A could you remove the link from your post too? (the quote)

very sorry jaded.

Last edited:
Reactions: trajing and YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
honestly at first glance i said eh bunch of idiotic christians no different... then i saw someone change there mind and agree... that showed me the BS cause everyone likes minecraft XD then there was also the jesus speech bubble... but ya know... ignore it
Ignore it? It's a amazing satire. Had some of you guys fooled! Make an account and join the inanity, because it's a silly site, like The Onion. Or this one, except we aren't supposed to act like idiots, yet we do because it can be fun. Also, they have a easy target, and it is of course hard to see they're all taking the piss if one already believes that sorta thing, so enjoy it while it's satire, because those who pretend to be idiots may find themselves surrounded by idiots thinking they are good company.
In the end, most tech support reports can be labeled "error between keyboard and chair".

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so about AtomicStryker's modpack permission thingy, it's not bad, really.

Copied:
1. At least one mod of the modpack needs to be of your own making. This is to stop the stream of modpack kiddies just cobbling random mods together, having no idea what they are doing. This can be substituted by an extra nice PM, a well-written PM, any sort of contribution by yourself to the MC community at large, or really anything else i deem sufficient.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Ok so about AtomicStryker's modpack permission thingy, it's not bad, really.

Copied:
1. At least one mod of the modpack needs to be of your own making. This is to stop the stream of modpack kiddies just cobbling random mods together, having no idea what they are doing. This can be substituted by an extra nice PM, a well-written PM, any sort of contribution by yourself to the MC community at large, or really anything else i deem sufficient.
yes, i just noticed that yesterday, actually.

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
yes, i just noticed that yesterday, actually.
I actually noticed because I was checking out a pack and it has a mod by him, but the permission wasn't the same I knew so I went check it out, he was actually using the private pack one (even though the pack was private-public and that's different, but whatever) I checked the normal one, and, as I said, a PM works too.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Guys. Guys. Guys.
I was talking with my friend (he played 1.2.5 modded, but stopped after 1.4 updates) about this exact topic, and the following happened.

Me: "There are many kids who say that modded MC is cheating, that's so stupid."
My friend: "You know, [drama]There's EE2 [/drama]".

This happened about 10 minutes ago.
I'm still laughing.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
"Minecraft? That stupid game with shitty graphics that only little kids play? Seriously? That game sucks ass."

"Have you actually played the game?"

"No, I don't need to, I know it's shitty."

Say_what.gif
LOL
might as well share what happened to me a few hours ago

*Guy starts fly hacking*
*Shoot him and kill him*
Guy: WTF YOU GODDAMN AIMBOT HACKER
Me: are you serious? you were just fly hacking..
Guy: SO? Thats not against the rules! ITS DONATOR PERKS!!!
Me: I have the highest donator class and in no area does it say i can fly in any game.
Guy:GO FUCK YOURSELF
Guy has left the game

I just... I give up... UGH

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
LOL
might as well share what happened to me a few hours ago

*Guy starts fly hacking*
*Shoot him and kill him*
Guy: WTF YOU GODDAMN AIMBOT HACKER
Me: are you serious? you were just fly hacking..
Guy: SO? Thats not against the rules! ITS DONATOR PERKS!!!
Me: I have the highest donator class and in no area does it say i can fly in any game.
Guy:GO FUCK YOURSELF
Guy has left the game

I just... I give up... UGH

And that's you should never do drugs, kids. *thumbs-up*

Status
Not open for further replies.