Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
This guy needs to just stop playing Minecraft if he's going to make comments like that. What freaking mod adds "only 1 item" in the game anyway?[DOUBLEPOST=1404949264][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...minecraft-addiction-is-more-real-than-you-all
This guy says minecraft is bad because its addicting, just no.

Just on the off hand, is playing 6 hours of minecraft a day addicting? I don't think so, right?

yay for chessy jokes
I don't think so, but then again gamers et a lot of flack and have been getting a lot of flack since they came out. Nobody looks twice at a person sitting, staring at the TV for... all day straight, but as soon as a gamer plays for 6-7 hours at a time:

pc-gamers.jpg

Queue

Jul 29, 2019
Dumbest things?
Paraphrased, generalize and grouped together of course, from my time on both forums.

IC2 Forum:
"FTB = creative mode"
(Yes FTB modpacks are relatively easy, yes that applies to even BnB and Agrarian Skies/MagicFarm. No they are not one giant modpack with Podzol to Diamonds.)
"FTB sucks. The community is a bunch of 6 year olds whining and they don't understand shit. They are the leech of the modding community."
(This general consensus is blindingly stupid and without reason. It is not the opinion of all, but an opinion of a vocal minority. FTB has a great community, and although its size attracts the 6 year old stereotypical internet morons, it is not all.)
"Modder XYZ is affiliated with FTB"
(Really? ITS A FUCKING GAME. People can be friends!)

FTB Forum:
"Fuck greg."
(Ok. Thank you for pointing yourself as a complete moron. You "hate" a modder for doing what exactly? Oh, you heard that he may have done something with Mdiyo. Good for you. You can sort of read. Now go brush up on things before you spout hate on a GAME FORUM.)
"IC2 is dead"
(Ha. Ha. Ha. Wow. You must be new here.)
"IC2 is buggy and crap"
(Experimental is a word in the english language that does not equal final stable build. Secondly, IC2 is not that buggy. Third, please play a mod before generalizing about it. Or a modpack. Both forums have people who could learn from this advice.)
"The IC2 forum guys hate us. They are just a bunch of cranky old bastards."
(This pisses me off. There is no "rivalry" between forums. There are just some asshole internet trolls and some other relatively nice people with a small worldview who tend to shout over the internet. Get over it. You must be new here.)
"Gregtech touches things"
(No shit it does. It is a MOD. You must be new here.)

Essentially
This may piss people off. I don't care. It is a compilation of what I hear time and time again on both forums. I do not intend to incite a flame war. If you do, you not only show your true colors but exemplify the stereotypes shown in my "quotes".
What made me post it is how angry it makes me that people on both forums have such an idiotic viewpoint of the modded community as a whole. If it isn't killing small children let alone the fact it is part of a GAME, get over it.

The Dumbest thing?
Forum and community rivalries.

And I haven't even started on individual modders and the EULA.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Dumbest things?
Paraphrased, generalize and grouped together of course, from my time on both forums.

IC2 Forum:
"FTB = creative mode"
(Yes FTB modpacks are relatively easy, yes that applies to even BnB and Agrarian Skies/MagicFarm. No they are not one giant modpack with Podzol to Diamonds.)
"FTB sucks. The community is a bunch of 6 year olds whining and they don't understand shit. They are the leech of the modding community."
(This general consensus is blindingly stupid and without reason. It is not the opinion of all, but an opinion of a vocal minority. FTB has a great community, and although its size attracts the 6 year old stereotypical internet morons, it is not all.)

FTB Forum:
"Fuck greg."
(Ok. Thank you for pointing yourself as a complete moron. You "hate" a modder for doing what exactly? Oh, you heard that he may have done something with Mdiyo. Good for you. You can sort of read. Now go brush up on things before you spout hate on a GAME FORUM.)
"IC2 is dead"
"IC2 is buggy and crap"
(Experimental is a word in the english language that does not equal final stable build. Secondly, IC2 is not that buggy. Third, please play a mod before generalizing about it. Or a modpack. Both forums have people who could learn from this advice.)
(This pisses me off. There is no "rivalry" between forums. There are just some asshole internet trolls and some other relatively nice people with a small worldview who tend to shout over the internet. Get over it. You must be new here.)

Essentially
This may piss people off. I don't care. It is a compilation of what I hear time and time again on both forums. I do not intend to incite a flame war. If you do, you not only show your true colors but exemplify the stereotypes shown in my "quotes".
What made me post it is how angry it makes me that people on both forums have such an idiotic viewpoint of the modded community as a whole. If it isn't killing small children let alone the fact it is part of a GAME, get over it.

The Dumbest thing?

Well the eula is the stupidest thing ABOUT minecraft...

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Dumbest things?

IC2 Forum:
"FTB = creative mode"

FTB Forum:
"Fuck greg."
"IC2 is dead"
"IC2 is buggy and crap"

Essentially

The Dumbest thing?

*bows*
Well the eula is the stupidest thing ABOUT minecraft...
nope, its the community.

C

chbachman

-what are you doing?
-playing minecraft.
-that is not minecraft, it doesn't look right.
-it has a lot of mods
-so you are hacking the system?
-no, mods are totally not hacking
-mods are hacking and cheating.

Kid who saw me playing mc

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
-what are you doing?
-playing minecraft.
-it has a lot of mods

/me How? (if i was there.)

Reactions: YX33A

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
-what are you doing?
-playing minecraft.
-it has a lot of mods

I learned to ignore ones that do that. They are usually morons that say they know notch and are best freidns or stupid crap.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Longish story so it's in a spoiler
*Me: in public library doing work
*Me: done work and to lazy to go home to play video games
*Me: goes to corner to not bother anyone
*Kid: comes up and looks at my screen
*Kid: sees there is mods
*Kid: says "what mods are you using"
*Me: says "The FTB Pack" (I wasn't I just didn't want to explain)
*Kid: says "ooh really I helped make that
*Me: says "really?" (sarcastically)
*Kid: says "let me show you this trick"
*Me: says "sorry, I'm good"
*Kid: exits the damn game on MY computer (That window delete thing)
*Me: thinking "wtf?!?!?!?"
*Kid: says go to ftb
*Me: follow along to get him away
*Kid: shows me how to add more damn RAM to FTB
*Me: thinking "wtf everyone knows how to do that"
*Kid: goes away

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Longish story so it's in a spoiler
*Me: in public library doing work
*Me: done work and to lazy to go home to play video games
*Me: goes to corner to not bother anyone
*Kid: comes up and looks at my screen
*Kid: sees there is mods
*Kid: says "what mods are you using"
*Me: says "The FTB Pack" (I wasn't I just didn't want to explain)
*Kid: says "ooh really I helped make that
*Me: says "really?" (sarcastically)
*Kid: says "let me show you this trick"
*Me: says "sorry, I'm good"
*Kid: exits the damn game on MY computer (That window delete thing)
*Me: thinking "wtf?!?!?!?"
*Kid: says go to ftb
*Me: follow along to get him away
*Kid: shows me how to add more damn RAM to FTB
*Me: thinking "wtf everyone knows how to do that"
*Kid: goes away

2Q8yQGc.gif

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Me playing on a server LITERALLY yesterday night
Me: *kills other player*
Other Player: HACKER
Me: Nope
Other Player: HACKERR
Other Player: HACKERRR
Other Player: HACKERRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRRRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRRRRRR
Other Player: HACKERRRRRRRRRR
Me: dude please stop spamming. I don't hack and spamming won't change anything
Other Player: You use Texture Packs! HACKEEEERRRR
Me in my mind: Is this guy f*cking serious right now?
Me: Umm? What?
Other Players Friend(i think maybe I killed him before not sure): You use Texture Packs YOU HACKER
Me: Texture Packs aren't hacking
Other Player: YES THEY ARE
Me: No there not... Do you even know what a texture pack is?
Other Player: Hacker!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: They just replace minecrafts default textures and nothing else.
Other Player: LIAR
Other Players Friend: You're a liar AND a hacker
Other Player: I'M REPORTING YOU, SAY GOODBYE TO THE SERVER!!!
Me: Ok then, report me. Nothing will happen since apparently you have no idea what a texture pack is.
Other Player Has Left The Game
Other Players Friend Has Left The Game

I lost brain cells from that stupid crap

Status
Not open for further replies.