Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to imagine them more as completely dumbfounded by even simple concepts like a requirement. In my experience, the only reason these people stay alive (rather than failing to grasp face+high speed car equals death) is because others are actively caring for them.

Not sure wether I should clap or stick out my tongue and smile...

I guess i will do both

:p

0FcBbYH.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure wether I should clap or stick out my tongue and smile...

I guess i will do both

:p

0FcBbYH.jpg

I was randomly clicking on locations on the forum to see whether or not my virus was gone and this came up, scared the crap out of me!

Reactions: pc_assassin

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I was randomly clicking on locations on the forum to see whether or not my virus was gone and this came up, scared the crap out of me!
Have you been getting seemingly random infections with addons like "Lucky Shopper," too? Because I've had to get rid of about four of them, already. Its not hard, and as far as I can tell, there's nothing on my machine that's downloading them, but I do wonder what the hell's causing that little irritation.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

Man that's the funniest thing I heard all day! Thanks for that I needed a laugh.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Have you been getting seemingly random infections with addons like "Lucky Shopper," too? Because I've had to get rid of about four of them, already. Its not hard, and as far as I can tell, there's nothing on my machine that's downloading them, but I do wonder what the hell's causing that little irritation.
No, this virus is weird, it randomly redirects me from the page I am on at arbitrary times. If you are getting adds covering the page, but your page doesn't change and you use chrome, go into extensions and disable the "suspicious" extensions.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
No, this virus is weird, it randomly redirects me from the page I am on at arbitrary times. If you are getting adds covering the page, but your page doesn't change and you use chrome, go into extensions and disable the "suspicious" extensions.
I outright remove 'em, knowing those buggers, they'd just enable themselves after I turn 'em off. They'd linkify random words and occasionally put an ad in that, for some reason, AdBlock doesn't kill. Quite odd.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A modpack request I got yesterday:
User: "hi, i found your mods and I think their epic, can i add them to my pack?"
Me: "Is this a public pack? If so, there are five rules, found in the first post of my thread, to which you will need to agree."
User: "um. how do i know??"
Me: "Know what?"
User: "like, how the pack is public?"
Me: "..."
User: "so can i use your mods?"
Me: "Are you going to make the pack available to everyone or just your server?"
User: "i have a server?"
Me: "Apparently not. When you make this pack, who can download it?"
User: "um...Minecraft?"
Me: "Games do not download packs. Let me ask this another way. When you make your pack, is everyone going to be able to get it, or just certain people, like your friends?"
User: "i like the pack to be popular but im not sure it will. lol"
Me: "OK, so it is public. In that case, there are five rules - in the middle of the post here[link] that you need to agree to."
User: "like what rules?"
Me: "Read them and see. Nothing major and nothing 90% of people have any issues with, but just a way to ensure you are not going to do anything unethical, illegal, or which generates headaches for me."
User: "so how I can agree?"
Me: "Say something along the lines of "I agree not to X", "I agree to Y", and so on, one for each rule. Do not simply say "I agree", because that offers no proof you actually read them."
User: "I agree not to X and to Y"
Me: "That is not what I meant. If the rule says something like "you cannot sell access to my content", you need to say something like "I will not sell access to your content"."
User: "I will not sell access to your content."
Me: "OK, you covered #4. For the sake of expedience, here are the other four:
  1. You must try to remain the sole distributor of your pack, and cannot permit downloads to rehost it.
  2. You cannot extract my mods from the pack and rehost them.
  3. You cannot modify my mods beyond what config files allow, or removing other mods' APIs if necessary.
  4. You cannot claim credit for my mods."
User: "Those sound ok, im not sure what it all is but it looks ok"
Me: "Which part do you not understand?"
User: "whats a rehost"
Me: "When someone downloads the pack and uploads it again, intending to replace you as the distributor."
User: "ok, i agree"
User, two hours later: "its not working"
Me: "What is not?"
User: "stuff doesnt"
Me: "What stuff?"
User: "i tryed makeing the thing to make ores but it doesnt work"
Me: "You probably are missing some required component like power or water. Post an image."
User: *posts an image of a BC Quarry*
Me: "Wrong mod. I did not write that, nor are you powering it."
User: "huh? i downloaded it, its your mod."
Me: "You may have my mod, but that block is not one of mine.
User: "OMG it works now, thank you so much!! your mods the best!"

This reminds me of a request from back in March:
User: "So, can I use your mods in a pack?"
Me: "Is this a public pack? If so, there are four rules to which you must agree." [Rule 5 was added later, in response to some admins' actions]
User, two months later: "Its for 1.5.2"
Me: "But is it public?"
User, three weeks later: "I have some other mods, too, do you need them?"
Me: "No. Here [link] are five rules to which you need to agree in order to use my mods."
User, four months later: "Hi, I gave up making a pack, cause nothing works. Sorry!"
Me: "I can help you if you have a basic error. What kind of error were you having?"
User, several days later: "Uhh, my game crashed?"

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
User: "hi, i found your mods and I think their epic, can i add them to my pack?"
Me: "Is this a public pack? If so, there are five rules, found in the first post of my thread, to which you will need to agree."
Me: "Games do not download packs. Let me ask this another way. When you make your pack, is everyone going to be able to get it, or just certain people, like your friends?"
Me: "OK, so it is public. In that case, there are five rules - in the middle of the post here[link] that you need to agree to."
Me: "Read them and see. Nothing major and nothing 90% of people have any issues with, but just a way to ensure you are not going to do anything unethical, illegal, or which generates headaches for me."
Me: "Say something along the lines of "I agree not to X", "I agree to Y", and so on, one for each rule. Do not simply say "I agree", because that offers no proof you actually read them."
Me: "That is not what I meant. If the rule says something like "you cannot sell access to my content", you need to say something like "I will not sell access to your content"."
  1. You must try to remain the sole distributor of your pack, and cannot permit downloads to rehost it.
  3. You cannot modify my mods beyond what config files allow, or removing other mods' APIs if necessary.
Me: "When someone downloads the pack and uploads it again, intending to replace you as the distributor."
Me: "You probably are missing some required component like power or water. Post an image."

Me: "Is this a public pack? If so, there are four rules to which you must agree." [Rule 5 was added later, in response to some admins' actions]
Me: "No. Here [link] are five rules to which you need to agree in order to use my mods?"
User, four months later: "Hi, I gave up making a pack, cause nothing works. Sorry!"
I now have cancer.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019

Me: "No. Here [link] are five rules to which you need to agree in order to use my mods."
Me: "I can help you if you have a basic error. What kind of error were you having?"
Hmm. Thanks to this post, I need an icepack and a new desk. Ow.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019

Waitaminute.
mind-blown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.