Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Back on Friday my history teacher asked us to think of the accepted and prohibited inequalities of the US as preparation for our unit on civil disobedience. While everyone wrote down completely serious inequalities, I decided to do a political satire on the Reddit hivemind.

1. Whites cannot be innately better than blacks as racism is racist.
2. Women cannot be more perverted than men because that would be misogynistic
3. People wo pay more for college must be payed more in the workforce

Reactions: xTordX

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Then I'm still being discriminated, as I'm not religious :p. You will always find some way to accuse people of discrimination.
But what if they began worshiping a giant squid effigy? Would you feel validated for testificates praising the very ground you trod upon?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
...try not to say that at Technic. The old forums did have a filter that would change his name to "dong princess." We still remember why.
  1. That is easily classifiable as harassment
  2. FC is held accountable for a lot of **** he didn't cause
  3. Better than Forge...yeah that
  4. What is the reason besides BTF and the other things?

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to go into a whole thing about how the author doesn't "get it", when I realised I was missing a trick.

I'm sure they know full well that there is more to mods than they are saying, BUT: think about the context.

It's more important for them to be read than to be right.

Controversy, people commenting angrily on it, all of that works in their favour - they aren't aiming for a well-balanced, accurate account of Minecraft, they want something people will read, link to, comment on, and agree with without thinking about it in depth.
There's no such thing as bad publicity.

Which isn't precisely true, but is close enough with the way things work.

Then I'm still being discriminated, as I'm not religious :p. You will always find some way to accuse people of discrimination.
And that's why I ignore "Political Correctness". You are GOING to find SOMEONE that objects to ANYTHING you could say.

Following = opinion. Strong opinion. Feel free to disagree, but arguing isn't going to change my mind any so :p
Censoring yourself because you might upset someone you don't care about is the height of inane stupidity. If you don't have the conviction to say what you actually think, you shouldn't say anything at all. If you want to be less abrasive? Sure phrase it in a circumspect or polite manner. But the "don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" is idiocy that allows idiots to continue being idiots.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
You are GOING to find SOMEONE that objects to ANYTHING you could say.

No you're not!

;) I kid, I kid! Reminds me of a couple of Viz comics jokes:

1) "I've eaten something that disagrees me."
*voice from stomach*: "No you haven't!"

2) [to someone else] "I've eaten something that disagrees with you."
Other person: "No you haven't!"
*voice from stomach*: "Yes he has!"

----

That little aside... aside; you're right. How you go about expressing your opinions might alter the way people treat you afterwards, and that's absolutely their right too. Likewise, when speaking to a friend who is sensitive about something due to personal history, you may well censor yourself a little for their sake, but again that's in the personal and private space - this is a public forum, and without people giving honest opinions, it would basically be a bunch of people, passionate about their interests, yet making small talk.

- GwnG

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
  1. That is easily classifiable as harassment
  2. FC is held accountable for a lot of **** he didn't cause
  3. Better than Forge...yeah that
  4. What is the reason besides BTF and the other things?
  1. Go complain to sct, or was it Cheap Shot? I don't recall whos job it is to handle the forum software, nor does it matter--the joke has run its course and only persists in tasteless throwaway digs at other people.
  2. To be fair, he's thrown his share of childish tantrums in the past (and still can, given BTF.) The community as a whole has a history of mocking those who behave badly--and it should never go away. Everyone needs someone who's not afraid to pants you if you misbehave.
  3. While I have my own opinions about the point of doing it, it did prove that FC was being spiteful to the modding community when he went to great lengths to isolate his mod from being compatible with Forge. That has never sat well with others in general, as there was some good concepts in BTW.
  4. Shamefully pooping dogs and animal gimp suits. That... concerned more than a few people about the state of his mental well-being... (Not PETA tho, although it would be a bit funny if it did.)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
  1. Go complain to sct, or was it Cheap Shot? I don't recall whos job it is to handle the forum software, nor does it matter--the joke has run its course and only persists in tasteless throwaway digs at other people.
  2. To be fair, he's thrown his share of childish tantrums in the past (and still can, given BTF.) The community as a whole has a history of mocking those who behave badly--and it should never go away. Everyone needs someone who's not afraid to pants you if you misbehave.
  3. While I have my own opinions about the point of doing it, it did prove that FC was being spiteful to the modding community when he went to great lengths to isolate his mod from being compatible with Forge. That has never sat well with others in general, as there was some good concepts in BTW.
  4. Shamefully pooping dogs and animal gimp suits. That... concerned more than a few people about the state of his mental well-being... (Not PETA tho, although it would be a bit funny if it did.)

1) Not going to comment on it, you just stated you recognize that it's tasteless.

2) FC has a vision for his mod and he sticks to it. People trying to screw with him or that vision cause problems. He's a nice guy if unprovoked.

3) Being spiteful to the modding community for doing what he wants with his mod? Seriously? We're now starting to cross into the territory of saying mod devs have no right to do what they want with their own works, which is a vision I do not agree with at all.

4) Again, his mod, he'll do what he wants. If it offends people that much or makes them question his "mental well-being", they should just avoid using the mod and leave the guy alone.

Seriously, this whole anti-FC view is getting old. The guy has been out of the Forge scene for a while, let's stop trying to drag him back into it. It just causes issues for all of us.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, this whole anti-FC view is getting old. The guy has been out of the Forge scene for a while, let's stop trying to drag him back into it. It just causes issues for all of us.
He wanted to hear AFAIK at the time it started, I'm already over it several years later. I have my own opinions about him, everyone has theirs. Bad incidents tend to linger longer, unfortuantly. I'm willing to leave it behind because at this point in time, I'd rather focus on people who are willing to engage in constructive discussions (and are willing to concede in being wrong, I've been there.)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The community as a whole has a history of mocking those who behave badly--and it should never go away. Everyone needs someone who's not afraid to pants you if you misbehave.

Which is kinda why I like this thread.
Sometimes its pretty funny as long as we aren't out to destroy people.
Shamefully pooping dogs
I always get a kick out of this particular criticism;
Really? So what? Everybody poops guys.
Its a natural biological function. Now please clean up after your dog :)
(not aimed at you Leth)

Last edited:

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Which is kinda why I like this thread]
I always get a kick out of this particular criticism;
Really? So what? Everybody poops guys.
Its a natural biological function. Now please clean up after your dog :)
(not aimed at you Leth)

IKR? Just because it seems gross doesn't make it bad or sinful

Status
Not open for further replies.