Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I can honestly understand why some people say "mod devs are selfish". Don't wonder if people have this atitude.

I'm not saying that what Serendipity did is right though. But why making such a fuss about it?
I really wish we would all just drop this the whole issue is done and over or at least it should be by now., why are you and your followers still here making trouble?
Not really insinuating anything; But this is silly at this point.

And as for 'being legal' about our server it's not a matter of that more as the entire fact things like this are even brought up is just a huge issue that no one really want to deal with.

You, Your followers and any one else are welcome to remain on our forums. But I really feel everyone (Including players of our server and staff alike) Need to behave themselves. Please just drop it.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I can honestly understand why some people say "mod devs are selfish". Don't wonder if people have this atitude.

I'm not saying that what Serendipity did is right though. But why making such a fuss about it?
I have actually stopped posting in their threads. It's such a big thing because they chose to blame their shutdown on Fireball.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly does not understand the mod authors are selfish comment.

They made the mod, they upkeep the mod, they allow users to play with the mods. For free.

They might have Patreon. They are probably accepting donations. They might be using ad.fly.

But they have never outright charged people for using the mods that they have developed.

What gives the server hosts the right to sell the virtual items of the mods that they didn't create?

If they charged a monthly fee or one time payment for access to their servers, I'm alright with that. Hosting a server cost money. Administrating a server takes time.
Calibrating, configuration and setup of a server requires effort. So, yes. If the server is well maintained, stable and have a good community, I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee to help out with the costs.

But I can't agree to people profiting from stuffs that they don't own. Mod authors didn't make them pay a single penny for it, they shouldn't be getting money for using it.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly does not understand the mod authors are selfish comment.
It's just that some people come to this conclusion based on how some modders behave. I'm sad that modders and users are throwing mud at each other like this.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
j9aM3KB.png

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I took down GlassGaming, Fireball took down Serendipity, a third was taken down by someone else; the big pay-to-win servers are falling. :D
Notice how Fireball never intended to take it down. I hope agreements can be reached without causing mudslingings.

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.