Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
dGEdVEd.png

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
At least when I'm contemplating things that are currently against Reika's ToS, I'm trying really hard to make it reasonable. Like removing the worldgen, but leaving it in Mystcraft/RFtools/Aroma's Mining World so it's still relatively easily accessible in an infinite (and more easily reset-able if stuff borks up) place. I'm not enough of an uncaring jerkass to sell players ingame items. That's one of the things I hate about AAA games nowadays. DLC/Monetization that has actual mechanical effects

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, my new version checker is getting so much hate that I got an automated "you got downvoted a lot, you might want to be careful" message on reddit... :confused:

Most of it comes not from "I have a good reason not to update" people but from "making us update is wrong" people, including someone from these very forums...

Reactions: DrowElf and 1SDAN

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my new version checker is getting so much hate that I got an automated "you got downvoted a lot, you might want to be careful" message on reddit... :confused:

Most of it comes not from "I have a good reason not to update" people but from "making us update is wrong" people, including someone from these very forums...
If you call that a lot of downvotes, you haven't written anything bad about Mojang in /r/Minecraft. I got -102 points for 3 posts about Mojangs tendency to break stuff.

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Karma the God of redditers
Karma is weird. As one person put it, two upvotes in /r/legaladvice is worth fifty in /r/askreddit.

And back on topic, a very, very old conversation with my friend. We were talking about mods, and I had just bought the game. I forgot my phone at home and the only computer in his house was an awful laptop all tied up with running vanilla at the lowest settings. I asked him what language mods were written in. He replied, "I don't know. It's just a bunch of symbols." What did he do? He tried to open it in Notepad.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
It's always odd when I forget to account for people that don't know as much as me about computer topics.

Karma actually isn't that hard to garner as long as you try and be helpful. I've garnered quite a few downvotes on some of the things I've posted on reddit because I was being stubborn and pointing out that people were wrong.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
And back on topic, a very, very old conversation with my friend. We were talking about mods, and I had just bought the game. I forgot my phone at home and the only computer in his house was an awful laptop all tied up with running vanilla at the lowest settings. I asked him what language mods were written in. He replied, "I don't know. It's just a bunch of symbols." What did he do? He tried to open it in Notepad.
Which is perfectly reasonable if all the languages he's seen so far are interpreted (e.g. HTML, JavaScript, PHP)

Well, the same thing happened to @xTordX :D

Reactions: Strikingwolf
Status
Not open for further replies.