ReactorCraft - clever reactor setups?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
Not totally sure what you mean. You mean in your design? As long as a control rod is touching every fuel rod, it's mostly safe.
i meant using a boiler there, that way it is bombarded by the nuetrons from all sides... let me get back to you on that, im still working on getting my mods to work on minecraft again

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having quite the opposite problem of some posters above... I'm producing too much steam ! How the hell do i get rid of it ?

I'm using a 3x3 fission reactor with 12 boilers around it, outputting steam to a single turbine. I have now up to 24 condensers above it, carrying back the steam to a pressurizer then to the boilers. I removed the pumps and everything else and they're bathing in 5 layers of steam blocks under them for 30mn after i broke the grate to stop it. They don't seem to take any steam anymore, their internal tanks are full and no matter what i do i end up with more steam than i can condense back into the system. I thought i could do a simple cycle with it once there's enough of it, but for some reason the steam output seems greater than the water it consumes.

I'm a bit lost as the steam remaining in the world quickly slows the server to a crawl, playing Monster 1.1.0 so the version is a bit outdated. Is there any way to get rid of steam once and for all ? I don't want to release it into the world or keep it stacking forever for performance issues. Next step is to cut down the amount of boiler but that seems counterproductive... It feels like my reactor is *too* effective right now, lol. And i'm not even in a desert or hot biome.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I extract the liquid from the condensers with fluiducts + servos. They easily keep up with the same # of boilers. I then void the liquid if its water. I'd recycle it if it were ammonia.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Well i'm now using conduits and void pipes and it works like a charm, i'm just a bit disappointed that i couldn't get the "intended" method to work at all. I mean, the best way should be to pipe it back into the system as it means using the actual rotarycraft/reactorcraft tools, but the pressurizer didn't seem to do much. Though it's good like that, no performance drop at all, thanks for the answers :)

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
the pressurizer works just not in the intended you hook up the waterpipe the top and leave it supply power to the bottom

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well i'm now using conduits and void pipes and it works like a charm, i'm just a bit disappointed that i couldn't get the "intended" method to work at all. I mean, the best way should be to pipe it back into the system as it means using the actual rotarycraft/reactorcraft tools, but the pressurizer didn't seem to do much. Though it's good like that, no performance drop at all, thanks for the answers :)
If RC pipes do not work on the pressurizer, you are using an old version.

firebreaker2262

Jul 29, 2019
???
That is correct. Fluid goes in the top and out the sides, and power is supplied from the bottom.
Like I said however that is not how it works in game you put you connect the water pipe to the top and put power in the bottom and it pressurizes the line

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
Yup sadly i'm playing an old version (18b), i wish the FTB guys could do a Monster pack update with all the latest versions :/

As a side note, is there a risk going for a Fusion reactor in 18b ? Does it work well enough, or is there a risk with server lag/crash/something not working at all ?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Yup sadly i'm playing an old version (18b), i wish the FTB guys could do a Monster pack update with all the latest versions :/

As a side note, is there a risk going for a Fusion reactor in 18b ? Does it work well enough, or is there a risk with server lag/crash/something not working at all ?
Lag, possibly.