ReactorCraft - clever reactor setups?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah...our server is just on 18D, guess i could ask for a manual update, since Eyamaz stopped updating Monster now that he have BnB to deal with.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
A radiation suit...?
I have updated to the newest versions. For some reason, if I run the any of the texture packs from the FTB launcher, the reactorcraft book, the radiation suit, and a few other items have no texture. Just a pink outline on 2 corners. The pack doesn't texture any of your mod, it just uses the normal textures. Any idea why the newest ones are blank instead of using the normal textures? I also noticed that the console is being spammed every few seconds looking for textures. I can get a screenshot if it you need it.

Bukake_Ninja69

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everybody, just a few numbers for those interested:

Making the most basic fission reactor possible, with 3x3 fuel cores surrounded by boilers in the cardinal directions, I’m able to about max out (I think) 1 turbine for around 920MW. As I don’t really have a use for that much rotarycraft power just yet, its fed trough a 8:1 gearbox and then distributed evenly over 16 rotary dynamo’s using a bunch of shaft junctions set to 1:1. Each of these dynamo’s gets about 57-58MW. A dynamo connected to a TE3 energy conduit maxes out the conduit at a little over 10.000 RF (I believe this is the limit of a conduit) (BTW the dot is a thousands separator). Total RF output from this 1 reactor adds up to 160.000 RF. Freakin awesome. I also don’t have a use for this much RF, so much of this is transformed into EU using pneumatic craft as a in between (don’t have power converters installed). Sorry about that Reika, I know you don’t like EU but I need to supply 8k EU/t to my Molecular Transformers from adv. Solar. Reactor- en especially rotary craft are my absolute all-time favorite mods as finally units of power make sense to me, I so enjoy torque and omega values.

This setup was tested for a few hours yesterday before my wife started bothering me, I think output was stable.

Anyone got any idea on fusion reactor output?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Anyone got any idea on fusion reactor output?
The highest I have ever seen it pushed is 58GW, or 10.3M RF/t (3.3M EU/t).

I have updated to the newest versions. For some reason, if I run the any of the texture packs from the FTB launcher, the reactorcraft book, the radiation suit, and a few other items have no texture. Just a pink outline on 2 corners. The pack doesn't texture any of your mod, it just uses the normal textures. Any idea why the newest ones are blank instead of using the normal textures? I also noticed that the console is being spammed every few seconds looking for textures. I can get a screenshot if it you need it.
Is it including a "Reika/[Mod]/Textures" folder in the texture pack zip?

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using Soartex, that is because they made some weird mistake and added this squares on the untextured slots instead of leaving blank or default as they should.

Bukake_Ninja69

Jul 29, 2019
The highest I have ever seen it pushed is 58GW, or 10.3M RF/t (3.3M EU/t).

Is it including a "Reika/[Mod]/Textures" folder in the texture pack zip?

Wahhh better start getting rid of those quarries and build a whole bunch of lasers instead. I think that's enough to max out 515 lasers...

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Here, this is the error he is getting with the "Reika Folder" textures. Anything that should be where there is a square renders as that weird Frame thing instead of the defaults like the Book that should be at the square 7x7, as it's on the original file. Bellow is the items file from Reika>RC>Textures>Items>Items.PNG :

items1.png

Any work around to get it to at least load the missing texture defaults instead?

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey everybody, just a few numbers for those interested:

Making the most basic fission reactor possible, with 3x3 fuel cores surrounded by boilers in the cardinal directions, I’m able to about max out (I think) 1 turbine for around 920MW. As I don’t really have a use for that much rotarycraft power just yet, its fed trough a 8:1 gearbox and then distributed evenly over 16 rotary dynamo’s using a bunch of shaft junctions set to 1:1. Each of these dynamo’s gets about 57-58MW. A dynamo connected to a TE3 energy conduit maxes out the conduit at a little over 10.000 RF (I believe this is the limit of a conduit) (BTW the dot is a thousands separator). Total RF output from this 1 reactor adds up to 160.000 RF. Freakin awesome. I also don’t have a use for this much RF, so much of this is transformed into EU using pneumatic craft as a in between (don’t have power converters installed). Sorry about that Reika, I know you don’t like EU but I need to supply 8k EU/t to my Molecular Transformers from adv. Solar. Reactor- en especially rotary craft are my absolute all-time favorite mods as finally units of power make sense to me, I so enjoy torque and omega values.

I get basically the exact same numbers B.Ninja, also doing a 3x3 reactor. I split it with shaft power hubs so that I don't overwhelm a bunch of rotational dynamos to convert it to RF.

My biggest problem has been finding a storage block that can accept 160k RF/T. I'm currently using Capacitor Banks from Ender IO, which increases its input maximum each time you add another capacitor to the multiblock. I'm up to 110K RF/T. (Hrm. I wonder if that's per connection.)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Here, this is the error he is getting with the "Reika Folder" textures. Anything that should be where there is a square renders as that weird Frame thing instead of the defaults like the Book that should be at the square 7x7, as it's on the original file. Bellow is the items file from Reika>RC>Textures>Items>Items.PNG :

View attachment 10436

Any work around to get it to at least load the missing texture defaults instead?
No. If he is making textures for my items, there is nothing you can do short of manually editing the image files. Remember the pre-1.5 texture pack system? Mine is identical.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
No. If he is making textures for my items, there is nothing you can do short of manually editing the image files. Remember the pre-1.5 texture pack system? Mine is identical.
I don't make texture packs and have no clue how they load or work. I just found it odd that none of your textures are being replaced by the pack, but only the newest items don't show. Was just trying to figure out why the majority show as your textures like they should while some of the newest items don't. This happens with all the texture packs I have tried. Faithful, Soartex, and Jadedcats mix pack.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I don't make texture packs and have no clue how they load or work. I just found it odd that none of your textures are being replaced by the pack, but only the newest items don't show. Was just trying to figure out why the majority show as your textures like they should while some of the newest items don't. This happens with all the texture packs I have tried. Faithful, Soartex, and Jadedcats mix pack.
It is replacing my textures, as it has an image file in the correct place to do so.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
It is replacing my textures, as it has an image file in the correct place to do so.

When I switch between vanilla and texture packs, your mods have the same texture. They are unchanged. Please excuse my lack of understanding how textures work. Do you mean the texture pack includes the image file from your mod, even if it doesn't change the textures? So the texture pack just doesn't have YOUR latest version of that image file? Is it something I can fix? Do I need to post on the texture pack makers site for an update? Kinda lost as to what to do?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
When I switch between vanilla and texture packs, your mods have the same texture. They are unchanged. Please excuse my lack of understanding how textures work. Do you mean the texture pack includes the image file from your mod, even if it doesn't change the textures? So the texture pack just doesn't have YOUR latest version of that image file? Is it something I can fix? Do I need to post on the texture pack makers site for an update? Kinda lost as to what to do?
Whether it changes the appearance or not, it still has the actual image file, which is loaded preferentially (under the assumption that it is different). Contact the texture pack developer.

Ronni Kristiansen

Jul 29, 2019
I have a few questions I hope someone can answer for me.

First I have a FTB Monster server running, and recently enable Reactorcraft to play around with it. The server is running survival and that is my first question. Does Reactorcraft even work in survival mode?

Second, since we are playing survival, building Reactorcraft stuff is expensive and takes time, so we're building very small to try things out. Forget about placing 10+ reactor chambers and hundreds of steam boilers... our current setup is one chamber in the center and 4 boilers around it, all connected with steam links and a grate, that should be sending steam towards the turbine overhead. Only problem is, we seimply cannot get water into the boilers. We've tried RC pipes, pumping water in, we tried an unlimited watersource, and latest attempt is Aqueous Accumulators and liquiducts, but no matter what we do, the tank in the boilers remain empty.

Can someone please tell me, what is the certified way of setting this miniscule reactor up, on a Monster 1.1.0 server, running RC 1.6 v18.
Should you be able to get power out a setup with a single Fuel Chamber, or do you HAVE to use more chambers to start chain reactions?

Our setup looks like this:

F = Fuel Chamber
B = Boiler
C = Cement
S = space

c c c
c c c
c c c c b c c c c
c c b s f s b c c
c c c c b c c c c
c c c
c c c