Purification III: Together Against the Apocalypse [GAME THREAD]

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
It will indeed. That is why Antismiting is seen as sooOoomething tragedic in this game.
whice noOoobody should do.
Tragedic , yet everyone is doing it....OK. my logic is flawed then. I'll just sit back and wait and see what else happens if anything. Or Just stick to voting.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Antismiting is a last resort practice if there are no other leads. If someone else has been voted and you anti smite them then that means you are putting someone else to death for no reason which is wolfy.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
People antismite because they either: are a wolf wanting to not raise suspicion, or a town player that doesn't want to be lynched for suspiciously voting for someone who may not be a wolf. In both cases it is just an easy way out, but some games there is virtually no information to go off and a lot of the players resort to it by default.

So yeah, lots of people do it, doesn't mean it's good mmkay.

BTW, regarding who I will vote for, I haven't had a chance to read the thread in any detail since day 2 started.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Vike explained perfectly

Ideally you would never have to antismite, but the first couple days it is a common occurance while people are gathering info

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I'll throw my vote on dragonfang, for the same mistake Leth made earlier. Dragon put an antismite on Striking, who already had a vote on him... in the middle of all these talks about how bad antismites are, especially when the person already has a vote on them.

I usually just cough and point out the mistake, but... given the context, I just found it odd. Meh. Poorly timed, m'fang.

SoraZodia

Forum Ghost
Third Party Pack Team
Mod Developer
Mar 11, 2014
I usually just cough and point out the mistake, but... given the context, I just found it odd. Meh. Poorly timed, m'fang.
It's odd, but nothing really wolf-like. Seems like he made the vote without checking the previous posts first.

Antismite Someone Else

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
The villagers decided.. well didn't decide on who to vote on. It was a tie between pyure, Spwn and striking. They rolled a D3 and they landed on Spwn. They led him to the firing range and shot him. A syringe fell out of his pocket. Late at night there was a howl, and running out, they found striking lying down, mortally wounded. 'Ah, shit,' he said, 'I forgot to choose someone to kill. Whatever. Bye guys. Take it easy!' And with those last words, he died. Again the storm came back, and struck down TheEpic5. A deep voice rumbled from the heavens, 'DO NOT SIGN UP TO SOMETHING YOU WILL NOT PLAY!' Play? What? This is no game!

D2

SpwnX was lynched. He was the doctor.

Strikingwolf was killed. He didn't kill anyone because he's stoopid. He was a dire wolf.

Last edited:

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
tfw you forget to vote yesterday. I don't have anything new to go off yet, although Pyure's high wolf reading on SpwnX failed...

Anyways, will vote when someone who knows something says something.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
The villagers decided.. well didn't decide on who to vote on. It was a tie between pyure, Spwn and striking. They rolled a D3 and they landed on Spwn. They led him to the firing range and shot him. A syringe fell out of his pocket. Late at night there was a howl, and running out, they found striking lying down, mortally wounded. 'Ah, shit,' he said, 'I forgot to choose someone to kill. Whatever. Bye guys. Take it easy!' And with those last words, he died. Again the storm came back, and struck down TheEpic5. A deep voice rumbled from the heavens, 'DO NOT SIGN UP TO SOMETHING YOU WILL NOT PLAY!' Play? What? This is no game!

D2

SpwnX was lynched. He was the doctor.

Strikingwolf was killed. He didn't kill anyone because he's stoopid.
Striking was a Direwolf, I think. What was Epic? Is he still alive?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
vote vikestep .

Woops, I totally called out spwnX as a wolf like 14x. I even challenged him on pm as a wolf. :\
<<< wrong sometimes.

@fowltief: "antismiting" isn't a thing. That's why there's no instructions. Its just a regular vote, and the GMs are kind enough not to smite us when we say "antismite" instead of "vote". The following are totally interchangeable:
  • vote vikestep
  • vote vikestep because I don't want to be smited if I forget to vote or because I don't want anyone to draw any special conclusions about why I voted this person.
  • antismite vikestep

We say "antismite" because we're too lazy to write the second thing above.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
lolsauce, I got this from strikingwolf last night: "So I'm going to do more networking this game, so I guess I should start soon. Would you like to swap roles? I'm perfectly willing to reveal/claim mine as it isn't oh so important"

irony1: he was all ready to play properly and then didn't vote. Dummy.
irony2: I read my convos before the recap. I briefly considered roleswapping with him before I read how he died. Woopsie.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hey @Pyure, never said you were wolfy, just that it's literally the only piece of information we have and as you pointed out, it really is nothing.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Vote Stepping Vike

I have my suspicions that one of the big power players is AI, and I know Pyure isn't always the bad side. I'd like to hear Vike's defense first.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2