[Public Pack] EPiCCRAFT 1.0.x {Progression}{Survival}

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a Malware Attack warning when i try to go to the Epiccraft website now. Anyone else getting this?

reikozunaken

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting a Malware Attack warning when i try to go to the Epiccraft website now. Anyone else getting this?

My page just comes up blank with "Customer Support" as the tab title. The link posted on page 2 and just the base website redirect to cyanideepic.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi?f=14 for me.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
On the first try I died of thirst because I was in a boreal forest with surprisingly few drinkable water sources and I was late to smelt glass for bottles. Second try I battled for a long time against the cold, I must have spawned somewhere freezing and learned that stone and dirt don't insulate well against the cold. As frostbite set in I battled a yeti for territorial rights to a lava pool only for frostbite to cause me to drop my axe. I did not last long against the yeti. It's been interesting. Doing a lot better on my third try as I found a village and I like how you can interact with them in a lot more depth.

I am also getting a warning from my antivirus when I try to access the page.

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
On the first try I died of thirst because I was in a boreal forest with surprisingly few drinkable water sources and I was late to smelt glass for bottles. Second try I battled for a long time against the cold, I must have spawned somewhere freezing and learned that stone and dirt don't insulate well against the cold. As frostbite set in I battled a yeti for territorial rights to a lava pool only for frostbite to cause me to drop my axe. I did not last long against the yeti. It's been interesting. Doing a lot better on my third try as I found a village and I like how you can interact with them in a lot more depth.

I am also getting a warning from my antivirus when I try to access the page.

Two make a camp and stay warm, you just need three logs and a stick to make a campfire. Life savers they are.

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a bug.
Version 1.07
Mod: Tinkers + Other
Bug: When using a Mattock on land not adjacent to water, the Mattock will break the grass returning the block to dirt with a chance to generate a seed. But if the Mattock runs out of durability while tilling the land, it will break and vanish like a vanilla tool and no remain as a broken tool that can be repaired. This is the only instance I have found where the Mattock will break and vanish.
I could be wrong about this, but I believe that using the mattock in that way uses 2 durability, instead of the usual one. Which could explain why it disappears when it breaks in this case. If I am thinking correctly on this, it's a known bug that they haven't been able to fix yet. Just make sure you repair your mattock before that point, is the only way to get around it.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
Two make a camp and stay warm, you just need three logs and a stick to make a campfire. Life savers they are.

Didn't even know about the campfires, thanks for letting me know about that.

I'm on try 5 now after being bludgeoned by a hammer-wielding minotaur whilst exiting my house at sunrise. While it is a little frustrating at the same time it's refreshing that this modpack is presenting such an early game challenge and I'm not safe within only a few tries, safe being I can survive normally day-to-day without much fear of danger. I often get bored when the start of each play-through is pretty much the same and too easy. There's so much available content in this modpack that in each try I have used different methods to try and survive in accordance with my circumstances and available resources.

Hm... campfires appear to not work inside caves, even man-made ones. I can stand on top of the campfire and not warm up at all. Yep, just tried and outside I can warm up but surrounded by stone and dirt it's impossible. I guess it sorta makes sense, the mountain must act like a big ice box, but the air in the room should insulate the heat so I hope they eventually change that.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I setup a huge set of farms since SOL and HO and pams are in here and started exploring. Figured out the fire protection on armor for temperature (fire, lava) and got that handled after dying multiple times of that. But, the loot in those RL chests.... umm, I got from one trip like 32 supreme pizzas and 64 delighted meals and another round netted me like a stack or more of other feasts. so, I guess I might just kiss my farms goodbye? :}

Getting alot of unloaded chunk swathes, moreso than I'm used to. have to save/quit/reload to get them to appear. Sanity is a real PITA since there's no telling what's causing you to be insane. I had to look through configs and compare to my surroundings to find out that my starting spawn was in jungle biome and I was going bonkers over all the quicksand all over the place. ok. Enderman ported into my house from rain and I started tripping on some serious drugs. It got so hard to manage that aspect that I had to edit in some sanity into my camelpack so I could even play. I don't know how everyone else deals with it (and yes, I tried walking around with flowers/roses in hand and it just didn't go up enough while travelling).

Fun pack tho experiencing all of enviromine. MCA is wierd and I'm not sure how I like it. My first village died from yetis (I think). I keep on getting aggro'd by yeti's constantly (on border of arctic / jungle biome). I think the physics aspect of enviromine along with 'something' is causing alot of lag near bedrock. I have to save/quit/reload every so often otherwise it turns into stutterville. Is there a recommended jvm argument set for this pack? I've been using the ones listed for BNB for all packs and haven't had this much of a problem in other packs.

It's fun tho trying to stay alive. and sane.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I've never really had a problem with sanity, and built in a number of biomes. Sleeping restores it each night, then it goes down slowly, or fast if you take damage or encounter other problems.

CLSinger

Jul 29, 2019
I have played Epic Craft for a few weeks. And I am really confused on 1 part of the game. I understand how to make the tools with all the different tables, and to make items with metal, a smeltery is needed. However, from what I understand, I already need an iron pick to mine iron. Will someone please give me some instruction on the progression of mining in this game, because I will never be able to get the "max" pickaxes at this rate, haha. Is this intentional, a bug, or am I missing something?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I have played Epic Craft for a few weeks. And I am really confused on 1 part of the game. I understand how to make the tools with all the different tables, and to make items with metal, a smeltery is needed. However, from what I understand, I already need an iron pick to mine iron. Will someone please give me some instruction on the progression of mining in this game, because I will never be able to get the "max" pickaxes at this rate, haha. Is this intentional, a bug, or am I missing something?
The Tinkers Tweaks mod adjusts a lot of the original Tinkers Constructs rules. When you get a pickaxe, it will have a mining level, and also show 'EXP needed for boost'. Go mine that much and your favorite pick gets better, going up one level in mining. So after you boost a copper pick, it can mine iron. Boost an iron pick to mine tin. Boost a bronze pick to mine diamonds. After that i believe is alumite, an alloy using iron, aluminum and obsidian. Then ardite, and finally manyullen. (I get confused a bit, might be off, i play a lot of BNB which has many more levels and alloys with metallurgy used.) Alumite is much easier to make than it used to be. Make two portable tanks. Fill one with water, one with lava. Hook both up one at a time with a fluiduct to a drain. This puts water/lava into the smelter where the metals go, and forms liquid obsidian. Or wait until you level a pick and feed in blocks of obsidian.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've never really had a problem with sanity, and built in a number of biomes. Sleeping restores it each night, then it goes down slowly, or fast if you take damage or encounter other problems.

Again, the quicksand thing threw me. I had to delve into configs to wonder, right off the bat at the spawn, less than 3-4 minutes into the first session I played, I was down to like 50% and running around like steve martin in the nerd (It's the can's! stay away from the can's!). It just didn't make alot of sense as to what would cause sanity/insanity. Looking into it more, it still doesn't. Like, from fun's wiki, it states that if you get the ender dragon egg and keep it around, it boosts your sanity alot. Ummm if I had a ENDER DRAGON EGG sitting around my house, I'd be um worried it'd HATCH and yeah, that would make me definately InSaNe! :) Heat/cold you can make a direct correlation to some degree (no pun intended) and even air quality, etc.. sanity tho? staring into quicksand makes you insane. flowers don't tho. ya know? No.... The way I saw it, my camelpack makes me sane since I know I won't die of thirst, so it boosts my sanity like carrying flowers around which helps out but doesn't negate it altogether. (helps me sleep at night)[DOUBLEPOST=1407208677][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Tinkers Tweaks mod adjusts a lot of the original Tinkers Constructs rules. When you get a pickaxe, it will have a mining level, and also show 'EXP needed for boost'. Go mine that much and your favorite pick gets better, going up one level in mining. So after you boost a copper pick, it can mine iron. Boost an iron pick to mine tin. Boost a bronze pick to mine diamonds. After that i believe is alumite, an alloy using iron, aluminum and obsidian. Then ardite, and finally manyullen. (I get confused a bit, might be off, i play a lot of BNB which has many more levels and alloys with metallurgy used.) Alumite is much easier to make than it used to be. Make two portable tanks. Fill one with water, one with lava. Hook both up one at a time with a fluiduct to a drain. This puts water/lava into the smelter where the metals go, and forms liquid obsidian. Or wait until you level a pick and feed in blocks of obsidian.

You can also rarely get an upgrade on the pick that boosts it when it levels up (I've had this happen twice ever, once in BNB and the other right here).

Valastro

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm finding a problem trying to make any kind of nexus. I can't seem to find the White Chalk for the Light Nexus or the Blue Chalk for the Neutral Nexus? The only chalk I can find is called Wizard's Chalk. Any suggestions?

renadi

Jul 29, 2019
There are no more nexii in the latest AM2, you start with the obelisk(makes neutral essence) now, and modify it to form the other power generators, read through the book and hope the information unlocked for more details(I ended up having to watch videos to figure it out as mine did not unlock).

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded last night, 1.10. Got about an hour of playtime in, even after crashing within seconds of starting the first time, 4 additional crashes, and crashing everytime I try to read the Epiccraft book. Anyone else having stability issues? I have no problems running MagicFarm or any other packs.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having some stability issues. Numerous times i've lost sound, which requires a restart of the computer to get back, and get a crash to desktop about once an hour of the game.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
I get crashes too very often but I suspect in my case it's RAM limitations. I only have 4GB (2GB allocated to game) and I think it struggles on that because it always tries to use more than 2GB. In task manager I've seen it use as much as 3GB and I honestly don't know how it kept running. It seems to crash most often if I open Chrome to get help.

renadi

Jul 29, 2019
I get crashes too very often but I suspect in my case it's RAM limitations. I only have 4GB (2GB allocated to game) and I think it struggles on that because it always tries to use more than 2GB. In task manager I've seen it use as much as 3GB and I honestly don't know how it kept running. It seems to crash most often if I open Chrome to get help.
I've got 8GBs allocated, I've tried all the way up from one, no matter what I have issues.From crashes to inventory vanishing to weird graphical glitches, it's just a mess, and a real shame.

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
It's a fun pack, as there is a bit of challenge to it. I did have to disable the weather mod in 1.10, it was a good idea, but the mod is more annoying than challenging, as getting blown around inside your own house got old really quick.

I'm having stability issues with the pack, I've actually 'lost' a world once on top of it. Almost every port to/from Nether results in a CTD, this is how I lost the world. It's really annoying, especially since I'm at the point where I NEED to get into the Nether now.

Another note is VeinMiner. It's stupid OP for mining, and I don't think it belongs in this pack. Yes, it can/does cut out a lot of the XP grinding needed for your tools, but at the same time, it's just too ridiculous for a pack that is supposed to be all about a challenging progression. Plus, binding the activations to Shift, the default sneak key... yeah, that's just silly. Another mod that I deactivated while playing this pack.

Still, overall it is nice and provides a challenge, but there's still some issues that need working out. I'm really hoping that CTD is specific to the Nether only and not any dimension jumping.