[Public Pack] EPiCCRAFT 1.0.x {Progression}{Survival}

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.0 updated a few mods and some are being troublesome. iChuns mods (hats, hat stands, portalguns, and utilities) are causing entity crashes, so if you can live without them...then yank them. Weather is also causing some problems, you can turn off storms and certain issues will go away, while another mod is not playing nice with weather2.

This bad actor manifests with a crash if you stay in pause for too long. It is kind of odd because you will not crash if playing. But if you stay in the esc menu for to long...wham and crash.

Thing is many of these bugs have been in 1.7.1 versions of the mods. So I am hoping that the pack will be updated soon for stability reasons. That said anyone looking into this pack should consider getting OpenEye. It is one of the ways I have been watching the crashes as I play and figuring out what is being naughty. Who knows, it may help the pack maker and mod makers to find issues and make their mods better. Here's to hoping.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
Was a fun pack, but had some issues as others reported, i had a couple CTDs and after one of them my world disappeared from the save list. Not sure what happened, i was able to create a new world and get my map back to the way it was but it reset MCA progress (not overly important). But then for some reason any work i did if i left the chunk and went back to it, all of it was gone. Saw in the console that it was failing to save overworld due to file in use or something. Messed with the saves a bit too long and got fed up.

Just to note, this was on 1.0.7, I did not upgrade to 1.1.0 as i have seen no notes from either mod author(s) on what all was changed and with crashes i was getting i didnt really want to mess with it anymore.

But it turned me on the minecraft comes alive, which then i did some searching and found another pack that is to my liking and going good so far, its much like this one.

But i will def keep an eye on this to see if things get updated and ironed out, pretty good set of mods in this pack.

renadi

Jul 29, 2019
Was a fun pack, but had some issues as others reported, i had a couple CTDs and after one of them my world disappeared from the save list. Not sure what happened, i was able to create a new world and get my map back to the way it was but it reset MCA progress (not overly important). But then for some reason any work i did if i left the chunk and went back to it, all of it was gone. Saw in the console that it was failing to save overworld due to file in use or something. Messed with the saves a bit too long and got fed up.

Just to note, this was on 1.0.7, I did not upgrade to 1.1.0 as i have seen no notes from either mod author(s) on what all was changed and with crashes i was getting i didnt really want to mess with it anymore.

But it turned me on the minecraft comes alive, which then i did some searching and found another pack that is to my liking and going good so far, its much like this one.

But i will def keep an eye on this to see if things get updated and ironed out, pretty good set of mods in this pack.
Just curious, i've been looking for a semi-realistic/harsh modpack with MCA or something similar, what did you end up finding?

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what mod pack the "shaman" belongs to? I keep getting snuck up on and 1-hit-KO'd by them but I never see them coming. I just want to find out what they look like so I know what to avoid. I have never actually got to see the shaman. All I get is the "killed by shaman" message, so I know that's what it's called.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I hope we get an Update soon, updating Spice of Life fixes alot of the crashes you get while playing on a server.
Currently you cant drink out of a glass bottle or eat squid.... Also no Thaumcraft without crashing.

Anyone know if an Update is planed[DOUBLEPOST=1408877161][/DOUBLEPOST]..... i just looked at the first post.... it says latest version is 1.0.7, yet the launcher has 1.1.0 already. Does that mean they are no longer working on the pack? It still has alot of things that need to e fixed.
Also i think Vein miner should be removed, it doesnt feel right in this pack

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I sent messages to Jon and Cyanide through here and the website, got no answers in well over a week. We want to set up a server and just had a couple of questions. Neither has put up a post on their own website.

Hopefully that means "too busy working on the updates and bug fixes" vs. "moving on to something else".

And yes, veinminer is pretty damn silly :) It won't work with a barehand, but does if you hold a block or flower or anything else. So huge amounts of wood, dirt, gravel on day 1. Flint picks mining huge corridors through stone. No explosions from nether ores. Add a bit of magnetic armor and the stuff flies to your inventory.

It's an odd pack. Some stuff makes it seem harder. But really not, with all sorts of stuff making it easier. If we do a server we'll be cranking it up a bit since most of our players have a lot of minecraft play in, and like the difficulty. If no update soon, or indication they are still working on it, we'll just do another pack. This one has a lot of bugs. Having thirst and no natural healing in a pack where you can't drink water or potions is silly. You can work around with camel packs and splash potions. The SoL upgrade fixes things. Not sure why they don't use it.

Crhymez

Jul 29, 2019
I sent messages to Jon and Cyanide through here and the website, got no answers in well over a week. We want to set up a server and just had a couple of questions. Neither has put up a post on their own website.

Hopefully that means "too busy working on the updates and bug fixes" vs. "moving on to something else".

And yes, veinminer is pretty damn silly :) It won't work with a barehand, but does if you hold a block or flower or anything else. So huge amounts of wood, dirt, gravel on day 1. Flint picks mining huge corridors through stone. No explosions from nether ores. Add a bit of magnetic armor and the stuff flies to your inventory.

It's an odd pack. Some stuff makes it seem harder. But really not, with all sorts of stuff making it easier. If we do a server we'll be cranking it up a bit since most of our players have a lot of minecraft play in, and like the difficulty. If no update soon, or indication they are still working on it, we'll just do another pack. This one has a lot of bugs. Having thirst and no natural healing in a pack where you can't drink water or potions is silly. You can work around with camel packs and splash potions. The SoL upgrade fixes things. Not sure why they don't use it.
Here is a small whitelisted server im playing on, Vein miner is removed, we also updated the Spice of life mod to fix the crashes-
http://ftbstuff.enjin.com/
It just started a new world less the 24hrs ago.
But be warned there are no pluggins, its all legit, no homes...ect

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what mod that adds the clock, day and biomes on the bottom left corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a small whitelisted server im playing on, Vein miner is removed, we also updated the Spice of life mod to fix the crashes-
http://ftbstuff.enjin.com/
It just started a new world less the 24hrs ago.
But be warned there are no pluggins, its all legit, no homes...ect

That's actually how i like it. Huge difference in playstyle when you can bail out of a dungeon with a full bag of loot just by hitting a key. I know people like using /home or /spawn as a quick escape, but it really does make the game different.

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what mod that adds the clock, day and biomes on the bottom left corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ingameinfo

I liked it as well and took me a bit to figure out what it was and will try to add it to packs i play from now on haha.....

Mod author makes a few mods, that and his other mods are here,

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...81180-daftpvfs-mods-treecapitator-crystalwing

/edit

By default the ingame info will have a few more options and be in the upper right hand corner if you add it to something, so keep in mind youll need to edit the text file if you want to change location of it or remove some things etc.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Ingameinfo

I liked it as well and took me a bit to figure out what it was and will try to add it to packs i play from now on haha.....

Mod author makes a few mods, that and his other mods are here,

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...81180-daftpvfs-mods-treecapitator-crystalwing

/edit

By default the ingame info will have a few more options and be in the upper right hand corner if you add it to something, so keep in mind youll need to edit the text file if you want to change location of it or remove some things etc.

I have the same idea to add it in my personal pack as well lol looks neat since it will make it easier to check on what biome I stand on without the F3

coolbrz

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just re-read my edit and default ingameinfo will be in the upper left corner, not right heh. I figured you see that but just wanted to toss that out there.

bestor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm having a few issues with the water bottles on my multiplayer server, basically whenever a play drinks water from a normal vanilla water bottle they get kicked from the server, when they log back in they have increased their hydration but have not used up the water bottle, so in effect once they have 1 water bottle they have infinite fresh water if they can suffer the crash every time they drink it.

Anyone else encountered this? is there a known cause and or a fix for it?

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
This problem is causes by the Spice of Life mod, and it also is what messes up Thaumcraft research. It can be fixed by using the updated version of SOL. But this means loading that into your server, and all players need it in their files as well.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Is an update planned? I play 1.1 but there some bugs and to much lag.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Is an update planned? I play 1.1 but there some bugs and to much lag.

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

No news at all. Jon and Chris sort of disappeared somewhere in the middle of July as far as commenting, or replying to PM's. Maybe they are so hard at work on all the updates and moving to 1.7 that they don't read forums, or go to their own website anymore :) Maybe the pack was just a project to see if they could do it, do some video and move on. Fixing bugs, updating packs, does take a lot of work. So maybe the work they did is it, and we can enjoy playing the pack and seeing some new mods. I was especially having fun with MCA and Enviormine. Would be nice though if they come back at least once to the Epiccraft website and let folks know.

Trinity

Jul 29, 2019
No news at all. Jon and Chris sort of disappeared somewhere in the middle of July as far as commenting, or replying to PM's

CyanideEpic said on his Twitch stream yesterday that Jon has a sick family member and is in Mexico right now dealing with that so he didn't want to bother Jon until he gets back home. Cyanide got back from Pax Prime Tuesday and is now sick so is trying to take care of himself and get well.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
On my first day (which was actually a while ago, but I still want to share this story) I was having a fistfight with a flower then one of my punches launched it into the air and it flew away. I looked up and saw this.
2014-08-19_15.09.46.png
Pretty good first day.

Reactions: Mikhaila666