Project: Feeding Eternal Time [Builder Applications Open!]

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:
adib said:
cheater.
please dont use ic2 teleporters, just use mystcraft with intra age linking books.

Y U hate IC2 teleporter?
because they are very buggy in smp.

Pulse Former! Always fixed my teleporter!
Make a new linker! Always fixed my linkers!
Chunk Loader! To make sure your MFSUs charge properly!

What other bug is there?

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
frederikam said:
Y U hate IC2 teleporter?

What other bug is there?
i had an setup with an button, but i just kept going to the other side and back...
until one of the mfsu were empty...

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

What other bug is there?

Teleporters now have a built-in chunkloader, maybe that's the fix.
nope, they were right above each other.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:
DarkJDL said:

What other bug is there?

Teleporters now have a built-in chunkloader, maybe that's the fix.

I was on a server, teleporters was disabled because of the ability to chunkload.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:
adib said:

I was on a server, teleporters was disabled because of the ability to chunkload.
bit expensive for chunkloaders but it works.

Built-in chunkloader is a bit of an overkill, I think what they need is a built-in pulse former
IE: Redstone Signal = One teleport, not infinite; The Pulse former did its job very well at that. turned the whole signal into one short pulse and then turned off.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
frederikam said:

Built-in chunkloader is a bit of an overkill, I think what they need is a built-in pulse former
IE: Redstone Signal = One teleport, not infinite; The Pulse former did its job very well at that. turned the whole signal into one short pulse and then turned off.
yeah after teleport lock it down for a second or something.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

Meh, i think that teleport when redstone is on is a good thing. teleporters can be used to teleport items, i think item teleport is free.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
frederikam said:
adib said:
DarkJDL said:

Meh, i think that teleport when redstone is on is a good thing. teleporters can be used to teleport items, i think item teleport is free.
yeah, but then you can get the infinite teleport until power is out thingy again.

msknight

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to cut key elements from the world so that in order to get something, like, say, silver, the player has to go in to these task areas, otherwise all I'd need to do was mine and then I'd have everything.

Apologies if that sounds dumb, I'm new to these map discussions.

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
frederikam said:
adib said:

yeah, but then you can get the infinite teleport until power is out thingy again.

it only uses power when you teleport.

But if you mean, if both teleporters are on, lets just say i crashed Slowpoke. And the server kicked me for speedhack!

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
msknight said:
Is it possible to cut key elements from the world so that in order to get something, like, say, silver, the player has to go in to these task areas, otherwise all I'd need to do was mine and then I'd have everything.

The thing is with these kind of maps there is rules that are set at the start of the map.

One of the rules that will be implemented is the fact that you can only mine in certain areas, anything outside this will be considered cheating.

Now, we can't enforce this all the time unless if it's on a bukkit server with world guard for example, but to be honest, if you end up 'breaking the rules' that are set, you will only be cheating yourself, and wont be able to experience the map the way the designers intended.

Take for example some of the Vech's maps, eg, the Direct Fire one for example; you may only stay in your own lane, no updating the water blocks in Pain Water, etc etc, yeah, you can do it, but it's frowned upon, hell, even the FTB challenge map has rules, no breaking into the monument, no spawning in items, if you die with your PStone, you must wait 5mins to get a new one, unless if you have the resources to do so. Things like this.

So, suggesting that you would run around digging up everything isn't really a good idea in the long run.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
msknight said:

like Umbra answered, Adventure maps usually have rules at the beginning and a lot of times "don't break blocks other than X Y Z" are amongst them.

BUT!
you have given me an idea I can share! =D

Yo Umbra!
My idea is that, you should allow people to mine "ores" but only "ores"(and other specifics that fit with the map's layout)

and there be VERY few ores to mine, but example, if City1 is not a mining town, there's no ore to be mined; But in City 2, there is a "mine" (very small or puzzlish with very few ores at the end) where people can get very few of their ressources, that they can use in various quests; and ofcourse; let's say there is a quest in Town 7 that requires copper. Copper could be only in Town 2 (which would be around the beginning) So you would have had to stock on Copper there (and not have used it in previous quests) or your next refill in at town 16,

and ofcourse, it has to be a tedious and long voyage to make some kind of "mercantile" aspect work better =p
and the '(and not have used it in previous quests)' part is all about having the players having to make choices on wether or not use their precious ressources =D

Enjoy!

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
msknight said:

like Umbra answered, Adventure maps usually have rules at the beginning and a lot of times "don't break blocks other than X Y Z" are amongst them.

BUT!
you have given me an idea I can share! =D

Yo Umbra!
My idea is that, you should allow people to mine "ores" but only "ores"(and other specifics that fit with the map's layout)

and there be VERY few ores to mine, but example, if City1 is not a mining town, there's no ore to be mined; But in City 2, there is a "mine" (very small or puzzlish with very few ores at the end) where people can get very few of their ressources, that they can use in various quests; and ofcourse; let's say there is a quest in Town 7 that requires copper. Copper could be only in Town 2 (which would be around the beginning) So you would have had to stock on Copper there (and not have used it in previous quests) or your next refill in at town 16,

and ofcourse, it has to be a tedious and long voyage to make some kind of "mercantile" aspect work better =p
and the '(and not have used it in previous quests)' part is all about having the players having to make choices on wether or not use their precious ressources =D

Enjoy!

They are already planning to make some respawning ores for people to mine.