Potion throwing human.....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I just got killed outside my base with 27lvls of exp by some Raiden looking dude who threw potions. Slowed downed and poisoned I was easier work for some spiders. There is also some kind of bad juju aura node near my base(sealed in a hill) that recently released something foul. What is that thing and how do I kill it? It took at least six arrows to the knee and was still adventuring.

Reactions: Jay Cee and Affex

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Was it wearing purple?
If so it may have been a witch.

Otherwise, not quite sure.
(PS: Do you mean Metal Gear's Raiden or Mortal Kombat's Raiden?
Or some other Raiden?)

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
What's this I hear, no pitchforks but loads of torchs? Simple, get yourself a Wand of Fire and slap some *enchants on it.

*Available from your nearest local wizard.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Mortal Kombat Raiden. I think the local clergy villager(the purple one) was turned into a zombie. Haven't seen him the last couple times I visited that village. Guess this is my excuse to get into Thaumcraft Finally. Now to set up the pentagonal research chamber.

Yeah, straight to mods. Never been to the nether till a couple weeks ago. Happy enough getting lost in caves.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
the Japanese lighting god
Right...which of the hundreds of representations?
He already said he was speaking of MK's, yes I know there's a Japanese deity of that name, only reason I asked specifically for MG/ MK's "Raiden" is because they are the some of the more common "Raidens" currently, highly doubt someone would be talking about the deity itself, specially without being more specific about which representation.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
"Some Raiden-looking dude" is the most awesome description of witches I've heard.

They do appear (rarely) in response to high flux. You may also get randomly poisoned, struck by lightning, or spammed with aggressive flying glowing balls composed of lightning mixed with evil (wisps). Thaumcraft is just that sort of mod. It is possible to move or even destroy a bad node, but if you can still move your base then see about setting up shop near a white tree with blue leaves (silverwood) for relative safety from this kind of thing.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
"can we burn her?"
Only if she weighs the same as a duck and is made of wood.

If you're near a bad node you have three options.
  1. Tough it out. You'll get bad juju spawning and sometimes ill effects.
  2. Move.
  3. Disable Thaumcraft if you don't plan on playing it. Downside is less loot to find in world.
4. iirc, you could grow a silverwood tree (or several) and let the (new) pure node slowly eat the tainted/bad one?

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
That's the downside to mod popularity. People don't actually know how to play the regular game
To be fair, you can play hundreds of hours of vanilla without ever seeing a witch. Although, for me at least, playing that much vanilla would only happen by court order.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Only if she weighs the same as a duck and is made of wood.

4. iirc, you could grow a silverwood tree (or several) and let the (new) pure node slowly eat the tainted/bad one?

You need to create a pure node that's bigger than the bad node and then move it within a few blocks. This is not easy.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
5. You can also grow nodes with node bees.

Very convoluted "mission" type solution: grow a pure node using a mixture of silverwood horticulture and node bee apiculture so its bigger than the dark node, make a crystal core and to move one node toward the other, big node envelopes small node, hurray the witch is dead and you now have a large pure node :)

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Witch huts only spawn rarely in vanilla swamps which become even more rare with EBXL installed.