Potion throwing human.....

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
EBXL does. :p

Not really at all. Thaumcraft spawns more witches than Vanilla ever has for me, by like almost 2 orders of magnitude. And if you stop using a way-outdated biome generator you'll get even more (the BoP Magic Forest: beautiful by day, terrifying by night). My comment was that witches are insanely rare even in vanilla and it's nigh-trolling to complain that modded minecraft is somehow blunting people from learning about this aspect of Vanilla. Or really any aspect except maybe the new 1.5 stuff.

I think the bigger factor is more subtle: modded minecraft encourages you to make bigger, more static bases. It also encourages you to do it earlier. When you do that, you tend to adventure less. People see witches more in adventure maps because they're encouraged to explore.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
In vanilla witches only spawn in a very small area around witch huts at night or in the dark and as said before the huts only get generated rarely in vanilla swamps. So it is extremely hard to find them normally unless your looking for them or like to wonder swamps at night.

Personally witches are one of the best mobs to soul shard and mob farm as they drop a endless supply of gun powder, redstone, and glowstone dust as well as other things.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
My comment was that witches are insanely rare even in vanilla and it's nigh-trolling to complain that modded minecraft is somehow blunting people from learning about this aspect of Vanilla. Or really any aspect except maybe the new 1.5 stuff.

I'm sorry that you interpreted my statement incorrectly. KNOWLEDGE of things in vanilla is skipped by people only having knowledge of MC through modplay. It was a general statement much akin to people being surprised by jungle temples. There's a knowledge of aspects in the game that vanilla players have moreso than someone with only mod gameplay experience.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry that you interpreted my statement incorrectly. KNOWLEDGE of things in vanilla is skipped by people only having knowledge of MC through modplay. It was a general statement much akin to people being surprised by jungle temples. There's a knowledge of aspects in the game that vanilla players have moreso than someone with only mod gameplay experience.

Balderdash and humbug, sir. Your one-off anecdotes do little to sway me. Unlike you, I seem to have faith in this community and the idea that people who take the time to actually set up and play modded minecraft actually have a pretty good working understanding of the game compared to the vast majority of vanilla-only players.

I do my best to let people do something ridiculous, then look at them with contempt. Prevenge is not my scene.

And witches: extremely rare even in vanilla.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have contempt. You have jumped to quite a few conclusions.

For someone who does not have contempt for people, you certainly are quick to claim their ignorance is a by-product of their negligence. If you feel that you did not mean to imply this, then I heartily suggest you re-read what you wrote with a critical eye.