[Poll] Do you use Gregtech?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you use gregtech?

• Total voters

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I asked Greg that in his thread, and he said that he changed some of his own recipes for circuits etc, and you can still disable them to use the original recipes.
So before it was "recipe A if disabled in config, else recipe B"
and now it's "recipe A if disabled in config, else recipe C"

That's just my understanding from what he said, I haven't actually tried that version.

Also why does GregTech get so much flak for nerfing things? Forestry and Railcraft, among others, have been nerfing things for quite some time. GregTech is just doing it more quickly.

Their own stuff, mayhaps, but i don't remember any forestry nerfs for anything outside of forestry, or any railcraft nerfs for stuff outside of railcraft. CAVEAT: With RC you can still argue that it changes vanilla recipes, and thus that it's a "nerf", but i don't remember anything forestry remotely similar to that. RC also only changes rails, which, frankly, aren't used a lot anyway, and when you do want them, you want a *lot* of them, and then RC gives you much better yields...

Reactions: Greyed

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I play with on easy mode, except for maceration/compression of bulk. I keep that on. And a few other things I keep on. I also keep on the constant machine power, but keep the explosion stuff off. I feel it does a good job of balancing out solars.

TL;DR: I HATE GREGTECH AND I KICK PUPPIES INTO TRAFFIC. ESPECIIALY POODLES.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Their own stuff, mayhaps, but i don't remember any forestry nerfs for anything outside of forestry, or any railcraft nerfs for stuff outside of railcraft. CAVEAT: With RC you can still argue that it changes vanilla recipes, and thus that it's a "nerf", but i don't remember anything forestry remotely similar to that. RC also only changes rails, which, frankly, aren't used a lot anyway, and when you do want them, you want a *lot* of them, and then RC gives you much better yields...
I don't call RC's vanilla recipes a nerf, they're cheaper than vanilla recipes once you have a coke oven and a rolling machine.
GT nerfs very few things outside of IC2. Are there any things apart from bronze and quarries?
And no, ore dictionary unification isn't a nerf.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I play on PAIN FOREST mode, because I am a manly man from Australia.
Cows can be milked for LAVA, but only if you're man enough to get close to them, since they are now equipped with a SHOTGUN. Their shot gun fires FLAMING BULLETS. Cows are dangerous and on a mission of VENGEANCE.
Man I'm surprised anyone besides me remembers that, I was just thinking about it today: "Man, all these mods sure make playing easy, there's no challenge anymore, I wish someone made a mod to present us with the challenges most mods are trying to solve before they even exist. Damn, I should make that mod, tell people it's not for wusses, children and mothers and call it the funmod, heck I should add the painforest to it, and a supernova, and necrosplosion and herobrine"

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
GT nerfs Block Breakers(Only breaks blocks that Iron can break and not instantly), makes machines explode when they're hit with lightning (they burn, they send a 4X pulse through the network, which can cause chain explosions when you wire things improperly or hook up power in an improper way), some stuff can't be "uncrafted" with the alloy furnace from RP2, and i'm sure there are other stuff that i'm missing as well. GT touches on quite a few of the things outside of IC2, and my prediction is that it's going to be nerfing TE and other things as well. Don't like that... First time i played on Ultimate i was kind of lost when stuff i normally did didn't work as well, recipes i thought i knew didn't work, and machines randomly exploded on my face when i started playing with high flux in the area. Like i've said many times in other threads, and in other posts, i don't like this design philosophy, even though it adds config options for you to change, esp. since you basically have no control over those when you go on servers. It has such a different power curve than every other mod, that it feels kinda out of place for me, with what i was used to, and it adds SO MANY THINGS that i'm kind of lost, i mean, the MASSIVE amount of byproducts you get from the electrolyzer, the combinations, the new ores and everything else, on top of all that already exists, is pretty mindblowing. But then again, in a multimod environment, everything you can get with it, is available earlier and cheaper through some other means, and then the endgame options it offers you aren't that appealing anymore, because you have no need for it anymore. Which i think is why he nerfs other mods, to make it so that this doesn't happen.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I don't call RC's vanilla recipes a nerf, they're cheaper than vanilla recipes once you have a coke oven and a rolling machine.
GT nerfs very few things outside of IC2. Are there any things apart from bronze and quarries?
And no, ore dictionary unification isn't a nerf.
I actually like the RC "nerf", even though it makes you do more work than standard rails. It actually changes stuff rather than making it require 4x the materials. :)

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
I play on PAIN FOREST mode, because I am a manly man from Australia.
Cows can be milked for LAVA, but only if you're man enough to get close to them, since they are now equipped with a SHOTGUN. Their shot gun fires FLAMING BULLETS. Cows are dangerous and on a mission of VENGEANCE.
Anyone else think this would make a good Old Spice commercial?

Ps I use GT hard mode only (with some tweaks to even harder than ftb standards), its the only way to play for me.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I asked Greg that in his thread, and he said that he changed some of his own recipes for circuits etc, and you can still disable them to use the original recipes.
So before it was "recipe A if disabled in config, else recipe B"
and now it's "recipe A if disabled in config, else recipe C"

That's just my understanding from what he said, I haven't actually tried that version.

Also why does GregTech get so much flak for nerfing things? Forestry and Railcraft, among others, have been nerfing things for quite some time. GregTech is just doing it more quickly.

because railcraft for example takes rails to be harder to make, but it is worth it, it doubles the output, instead of making something harder to make and also making the output lower.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I despise Greg and his mod.

I disagree with the direction of his mod(And many others as of late). Apparently non-configurable multiplayer difficulty is the only thing that matters these days(Fuck multiplayer; I hate all of you anyway). But it does make me laugh that Vswe's nerf to the woodcutter is near pointless because two of the basics outproduce or come close to the same level of production as a galgadorian.

Reactions: RedBoss

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
GT nerfs Block Breakers(Only breaks blocks that Iron can break and not instantly), makes machines explode when they're hit with lightning (they burn, they send a 4X pulse through the network, which can cause chain explosions when you wire things improperly or hook up power in an improper way),
On one hand, those can be disabled in config, but on the other hand they do make a lot of sense, so, um... I guesss my point is "yay configurability is awesome"

I disagree with the direction of his mod(And many others as of late). Apparently non-configurable multiplayer difficulty is the only thing that matters these days(Fuck multiplayer; I hate all of you anyway). But it does make me laugh that Vswe's nerf to the woodcutter is near pointless because two of the basics outproduce or come close to the same level of production as a galgadorian.
Huh?

Apparently non-configurable multiplayer difficulty is the only thing that matters these days
Huh?

non-configurable multiplayer difficulty
HUH?
I'm not at all sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying GT isn't configurable enough for you, or it's too configurable, or doesn't do what you want in singleplayer, or something else? Because as far as I can see it has plenty of configuration in both single and multiple player modes, and that's a good thing.
Whatever, you seem to enjoy hating so I guess I'll just leave you to it.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

I disagree with the direction of his mod(And many others as of late). Apparently non-configurable multiplayer difficulty is the only thing that matters these days(Fuck multiplayer; I hate all of you anyway). .

You're welcome to install the Iwin mod in your singleplayer game.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
I've just never understood anyone's hatred for gregtech, let alone any mod, when it's so easy to just remove by the simple click of a button.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Huh?

Huh?

HUH?
I'm not at all sure what you're getting at here. Are you saying GT isn't configurable enough for you, or it's too configurable, or doesn't do what you want in singleplayer, or something else? Because as far as I can see it has plenty of configuration in both single and multiple player modes, and that's a good thing.
Whatever, you seem to enjoy hating so I guess I'll just leave you to it.

Not GT specifically. It's the only thing I do like about his mod is that he makes most things configurable. Regardless I don't like him as a person and by extension his mod. When I meant non-configurability it was in reference to other mods.

You're welcome to install the Iwin mod in your singleplayer game.

I'm glad playing multiplayer seems to make you superior.

I've just never understood anyone's hatred for gregtech, let alone any mod, when it's so easy to just remove by the simple click of a button.

I can not play a mod and still oppose or hate the mod.