Placeable liquids mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to turn almost anything into liquid and place it? In TE we have the liquid transposer and stuff but I would love to be able to place the liquid with a bucket. I'm thinking of a gold pool. Or a diamond pool. That would be pretty amazing.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Some big changes coming in 1.5.x with liquids although not sure if melting ores is one of them, yet!

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Can diamonds even be turned into liquid?

I just hope said mod makes oil burnable so I can let some flow into peoples' homes and use a flint/steel to blow it up. And make it so railcraft iron tank valves can extinguish stuff.

Exadi

Jul 29, 2019
Some big changes coming in 1.5.x with liquids although not sure if melting ores is one of them, yet!
You can already melt metals in the thermionic fabricator, but you can't get them out or place them yet. I hope to some day be able to drink molten diamond through the new straw from MFR. :p

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
just saw a direwolf video showing placeable redstone, glowstone, enderperls liquids, it was great, especially the redstone, that interacts with everything it touches.. pretty cool

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Liquid redstone and glowstone sounds amazing. Whole new lighting system for glowstone (would be cool if redstone also lit up like the ore) and uses for redstone. Hopefully the liquid redstone (if its just placed by a bucket and flows around) isn't seen as overpowered.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I think its about the same distance as vanilla redstone so it's not over powered but its just crazy to see it work

Reactions: Chocorate

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Wow. People are a lot more creative then I am. I was thinking a pool with melted gold. lol

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
just saw a direwolf video showing placeable redstone, glowstone, enderperls liquids, it was great, especially the redstone, that interacts with everything it touches.. pretty cool

That's all TE. MFR also has some placable liquids based on Lemmings code (or the other way, or both simultaneous, or whats it really matter), and AFAIK Lemming will be providing code to Forge to make it a general ability.

Glowstone floats up, and if allowed to sit long enough (real life days, to hear Lemming) it re-solidifies.
Redstone has a flow distance of 8, like water. Ender has a flow distance of 4, like lava.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Tinker's construct adds a lot of placeable liquids, like iron, aluminum, obsidian and others (no diamonds or emeralds, because you don't make tools with them). MFR makes all of its liquids placeable and also milk, with different effects when you are standing in them.

When thinking about liquid redstone, it could make quite good delay mechanisms. Just dispense bucket of it and detect when it reaches given place.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda bummed out that you can't swim in liquid glowstone, would be soooo cool if the flow brought you up with it.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I'd like to think if the Liquid Ender did teleport you away it was because I suggested it to Lemming. LET ME BE PRIDEFUL.

Also, Lemming decided to make glowstone go up to the air because of these forums <3

I cannot wait for placeable liquids, and MFR is adding animal poop to water or something.

Oh freak yeah

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I'd like to think if the Liquid Ender did teleport you away it was because I suggested it to Lemming. LET ME BE PRIDEFUL.

Also, Lemming decided to make glowstone go up to the air because of these forums <3

I cannot wait for placeable liquids, and MFR is adding animal poop to water or something.

Oh freak yeah
And i bet you invented poop too, huh?

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
Well there's liquids for all of gregtechs' cells I know. Such as liquid mercury and helium gas to be stored in tanks. There is also an actual mod though that adds in molten iron and such, suggest it on the post for suggestions if you want