Placeable liquids mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this thread has given me a new mission. I'm going to fill iron tanks (maybe xytanks) with every liquid possible.

What's the simplest way to get them in there? Liquid Transposer? With waterproof pipes?

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
With 1.5, apparently, all liquids will be placeable that the mod authors allow them too. Not sure if they have as much control with what the liquids flow distance and effects they have like the T.E. ones.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
With 1.5, apparently, all liquids will be placeable that the mod authors allow them too. Not sure if they have as much control with what the liquids flow distance and effects they have like the T.E. ones.
It's not really a 1.5 thing. I wanted to do it for a while, and just got around to it then. Lemming then saw my abuse of block IDs and decided to finally do his liquids rewrite (and gave me the code for it). Without his code it's just as possible as always, but his makes it a single block ID instead of two and has some other neat features, like the glowstone going up thing. Unfortunately, BC pumps don't work on TE-style liquids right now. We're (ok, Lemming is) working on that.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

It's not really a 1.5 thing. I wanted to do it for a while, and just got around to it then. Lemming then saw my abuse of block IDs and decided to finally do his liquids rewrite (and gave me the code for it). Without his code it's just as possible as always, but his makes it a single block ID instead of two and has some other neat features, like the glowstone going up thing. Unfortunately, BC pumps don't work on TE-style liquids right now. We're (ok, Lemming is) working on that.

^ Yeah, PC got it basically. I'm currently wrapping up the TE release for 1.5.1 and then I'll hopefully have time to sit down and rewrite the entire Forge liquid system. So yes, this will be a possibility, once it gets added to Forge proper. I've already passed the code around to quite a few other modders, however, so look for more liquid awesome.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
^ Yeah, PC got it basically. I'm currently wrapping up the TE release for 1.5.1 and then I'll hopefully have time to sit down and rewrite the entire Forge liquid system. So yes, this will be a possibility, once it gets added to Forge proper. I've already passed the code around to quite a few other modders, however, so look for more liquid awesome.

The King in your username isn't just coincidence, then.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this thread has given me a new mission. I'm going to fill iron tanks (maybe xytanks) with every liquid possible.

What's the simplest way to get them in there? Liquid Transposer? With waterproof pipes?
I pump cells into Xy tanks with export buses.
This brings me much closer to building a beer volcano.
Wicked cool.
mhmhmhmhm, My liquid DNA's already covered the floor of my base if you know what I mean...
Gross:eek: ROFL
That's a new liquid all by itself, liquid awesome. Pipes giving you trouble? Pour some liquid awesome on them. Windshield fogging up? Liquid awesome is your answer. Thirsty? Have a nice cold glass of awesome. Btw, thanks for TE, it's one the best written mods in the pack, I absolutely could not function properly without energy conduits. And aqueous accumilators? They should have some liquid awesome in the recipe. I do have an improvement idea for you though, a tool, maybe incorporated into the crescent hammer, to copy the face configs from one machine to another, so when we're setting up a line of 30 identical machines, it's much quicker and easier to configure the input/output faces. Just food for thought.

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to turn almost anything into liquid and place it? In TE we have the liquid transposer and stuff but I would love to be able to place the liquid with a bucket. I'm thinking of a gold pool. Or a diamond pool. That would be pretty amazing.
Diamond is "meltable", but only in a vacume. Even then it has be to in an immense pressure (greg to the rescue with a stack of iridium plate recipe to make a machine which only does one thing? :D). Gold, yea thats easy to melt, but we're going to have liquid glowstone for that.

For liquid glowstone, if it hits a surface, does it spread out usually? I assume so. With that we could make an upside down fountain!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Why can't you? is it too hard to code it to work smoothly?
That would be beyond unrealistic. Yes, I know that we have magic floating frame machines that can shoot lasers and make sheep from sunlight, but if anything the liquid glowstone would pour upwards and slip past you. Unless you made an upside-down container that's barely heavier than the liquid glowstone and you stood ontop of it, it would be very hard to harness the liquid glowstone and have it push you into the air. If there was liquid glowstone IRL and you tried to do that you would be way too heavy and you would pull down the entire contraption anyways.

Actually, now that I think about it, liquid glowstone would make more sense as gas. But whatever.

Nanakisan

Jul 29, 2019
There is so much said in this thread that makes me happy. All i care about is having a lake of short mead and honey. yes i've been sengerified.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
There is so much said in this thread that makes me happy. All i care about is having a lake of short mead and honey. yes i've been sengerified.
And now I can have my dream base where the floor is milk. Sure I lose a lot of space, but I can swim around to different levels with doors and not use ladders. I'm hoping this is in the private pack that might be released soon?