PhoenixConfig - Modular Configs for 1.7.10

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Added my first PC config file :D PneumaticCraft and Thermal Expansion integration

Sounds good... But as I said earlier. Unless the pack you are making diverts players down the botania route very early on (as in, step one - get mana pool, sorta thing) then some people may never want to get to the later stuff.
Maybe it'd be good to have a (more expensive) alternate route, if you aren't forcing Botania from the start. As some people don't like getting so far with something then realizing to carry on they need to advance in a whole new mod.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I want to see a set of configs that replaces the PITA Galacticraft machines and uses Mekanism ones instead to produce the parts for a spaceship.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I want to see a set of configs that replaces the PITA Galacticraft machines and uses Mekanism ones instead to produce the parts for a spaceship.
I'll get on it in a few days :)
I'm probably gonna make something for PneumaticCraft and Mekanism tomorrow :p

If you want to help me out, so that stuff isn't unbalanced, could you send me (either as a reply here, or PM) the sort of progression for GC? I haven't used it much, so I wouldn't be able to balance stuff properly. Also, I would probably not be able to replace the fuel filler thingy.. but I will add a "nicer" recipe for it.
Although I haven't used GC, I know it is a massive PITA to get going. I understand that it shouldn't be easy to go to space, but the recipes are terribly expensive, and resource intensive :p Don't expect what I get to be a simple sort "1 copper = nose cone" sorta thing... but whatever I do change, it would be a little nicer on the resource supply ;)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well as it stands GC requires a lot of resources and gives you almost nothing in return so I wouldnt worry too much about balance. I fully expect it to be expensive but I just do not like using the galacticraft machines. Mekanism is similar in style but the machines are multipurpose and not completely annoying to use. A functional 5x ore processing chain is a fairly massive undertaking so if you wanted to go hard mode, I would suggest requiring iron crystals (the product from 5x processing) for the rocket, and then change the recipe for the digital miner from Mek to require resources only obtainable in space. Then we will have a reason to go there.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Well as it stands GC requires a lot of resources and gives you almost nothing in return so I wouldnt worry too much about balance. I fully expect it to be expensive but I just do not like using the galacticraft machines. Mekanism is similar in style but the machines are multipurpose and not completely annoying to use. A functional 5x ore processing chain is a fairly massive undertaking so if you wanted to go hard mode, I would suggest requiring iron crystals (the product from 5x processing) for the rocket, and then change the recipe for the digital miner from Mek to require resources only obtainable in space. Then we will have a reason to go there.
I like that last idea, I always try to edit the Digiminer... heck I even make it require Blood Magic in one pack ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
In my pack, I've made the digital miner be the top tier mining solution, part of it's crafting recipe is either a BC quarry or a XU quarry. I've disabled the landmarks so BC quarry can only run at default size (and in the process, killed builder/filler functionality - oh well.. :p). BC quarry also has a tweak to require the mining well as part of it's recipe.
I think the GC costs are fine, but then, I have heavily reduced ore generation.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
In my pack, I've made the digital miner be the top tier mining solution, part of it's crafting recipe is either a BC quarry or a XU quarry. I've disabled the landmarks so BC quarry can only run at default size (and in the process, killed builder/filler functionality - oh well.. :p). BC quarry also has a tweak to require the mining well as part of it's recipe.
I think the GC costs are fine, but then, I have heavily reduced ore generation.
I'm not too much of a GT fan... if you want I could put up my: Buildcraft - Extra Utils. - Blood Magic - Mekanism - PneumatiCraft script (not as part of PhoenixConfigs) which will give you a much more complicated (but also in some aspects cheaper) recipe for the DigiMiner ;)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm not too much of a GT fan... if you want I could put up my: Buildcraft - Extra Utils. - Blood Magic - Mekanism - PneumatiCraft script (not as part of PhoenixConfigs) which will give you a much more complicated (but also in some aspects cheaper) recipe for the DigiMiner ;)
GT? I didn't mention GT :p GC...

I don't use BM, not keen on it (Heresy I know...)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Added my first PC config file :D PneumaticCraft and Thermal Expansion integration

Sounds good... But as I said earlier. Unless the pack you are making diverts players down the botania route very early on (as in, step one - get mana pool, sorta thing) then some people may never want to get to the later stuff.
Maybe it'd be good to have a (more expensive) alternate route, if you aren't forcing Botania from the start. As some people don't like getting so far with something then realizing to carry on they need to advance in a whole new mod.
I am planning on making a botania-centric pack eventually, but what I'm doing now is just a config. I don't like magical crops because it's too dang easy. Set up an automatic farm with essence seeds, you'll be able to make whatever you want very quickly. The object is to make the player get far into botania. Seeds that grow resources are really powerful. Have you seen a setup farming oreberries? 9 bushes gives you more than you'll ever need, and magical crops is so much faster. That's the issue with plant-based resource generation. It's plant and forget. You can make a 9x9 automated essence crop farm and just get ridiculous amounts of essence. At that point, an automatic crafter is all you need to get high-level seeds. Using botania, you actually have to work to get seeds. Low-level seeds are still rather easy to get, you can use an early-game daybloom system just fine, but high-level stuff requires more advanced mana generation. It sure beats magical crops' own sorry excuse for a progression system.

And what you said about starting a new mod to advance? I don't quite get it. Magical crops has always been an optional sort of thing. You can spend the entire game not doing a single thing with magical crops. It won't hinder your growth at all, or limit what you can do. The only thing magical crops does is supply powerful equipment and resource generation. That's it. I won't be expanding a mekanism base and realise that oh darn, I need magical crops to make this machine. Better get botania started! These configs supply a more balanced progression, while still keeping magical crops completely optional. Oh, and I'm gonna make an enchiridion book if I figure out how.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I am planning on making a botania-centric pack eventually, but what I'm doing now is just a config. I don't like magical crops because it's too dang easy. Set up an automatic farm with essence seeds, you'll be able to make whatever you want very quickly. The object is to make the player get far into botania. Seeds that grow resources are really powerful. Have you seen a setup farming oreberries? 9 bushes gives you more than you'll ever need, and magical crops is so much faster. That's the issue with plant-based resource generation. It's plant and forget. You can make a 9x9 automated essence crop farm and just get ridiculous amounts of essence. At that point, an automatic crafter is all you need to get high-level seeds. Using botania, you actually have to work to get seeds. Low-level seeds are still rather easy to get, you can use an early-game daybloom system just fine, but high-level stuff requires more advanced mana generation. It sure beats magical crops' own sorry excuse for a progression system.

And what you said about starting a new mod to advance? I don't quite get it. Magical crops has always been an optional sort of thing. You can spend the entire game not doing a single thing with magical crops. It won't hinder your growth at all, or limit what you can do. The only thing magical crops does is supply powerful equipment and resource generation. That's it. I won't be expanding a mekanism base and realise that oh darn, I need magical crops to make this machine. Better get botania started! These configs supply a more balanced progression, while still keeping magical crops completely optional. Oh, and I'm gonna make an enchiridion book if I figure out how.
I really like this idea.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
This project looks really cool! I've just made a pull request (I think) to add a minor script that allows the "mortar and pestle" from Pam's Harvestcraft to be interchangeable with the "pestle and mortar" from Botania. It's only 28 lines but I was irritated that they weren't interchangeable so I fixed it. :) If the styling or something should be changed just let me know and I can fix it up.

Reactions: Yulife

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about this, but I would have thought it'd be easier to ore dictionary the things.
Even then it is probably easier the make the script smaller (if oredict works, 3 lines of code, if not 4, maybe, depends if you want the botania pestle and mortar to work with pams or not)

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Hey you PhoenixTeam guys, I am curious, why is there a "+" behind every line of code? And a print in the end? I have used Mine and Modtweaker for over a few months but I am still bluffed what that is.

Thanks in advance

Yulife

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
The print is something I recommended to put in.
The purpose is for debugging. If someone has an issue, we can check that everything's working correctly with their minetweaker.log then.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hey you PhoenixTeam guys, I am curious, why is there a "+" behind every line of code? And a print in the end? I have used Mine and Modtweaker for over a few months but I am still bluffed what that is.

Thanks in advance

Yulife

I don't know about the + (may just be on the github), but the print is just as yeah said
The print is something I recommended to put in.
The purpose is for debugging. If someone has an issue, we can check that everything's working correctly with their minetweaker.log then.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

Thanks in advance

Yulife
Yeah, printing at the end lets the dev know that everything is hunky-dory. If it doesn't print that line, then there's some uncaught error in the scipt that needs fixin. And I can confirm that the plusses are definitely all github.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, printing at the end lets the dev know that everything is hunky-dory. If it doesn't print that line, then there's some uncaught error in the scipt that needs fixin. And I can confirm that the plusses are definitely all github.
Kinda like a "Hey this script works. Don't bug us about it!"