Pax East 2014 Challenge Map

linnetinne

Jul 29, 2019
Liked it alot, but all I could do was look around, when I took a step forward or broke a block it crashes :s

roadhammer99

Jul 29, 2019
just saying, with my computer I have like 5fps when playing this. But heck, im playing on a laptop so I would recommend 64bit computer

Masterbeef894

Jul 29, 2019
Wonder how to the real tournament will go down. Hope maps are the same but new challenges will also be nice to try out.

nick1wasd

Jul 29, 2019
aww, i can't play this pack, i can't load any FTB pack since the 1.3.7 launcher update, i keep getting a weird crash from chickenbones's mods, it's annoying, well i hope this pack is super fun for anyone that can play it :)

Ayjay

Jul 29, 2019
This pack really doesn't like it when you lose your internet connection. The whole game randomly freezes for a minute or so whilst it fails to access the internet.

Masterbeef894

Jul 29, 2019
Is this modpack/map for single player only or multiplayer aswell?
Since there's no server button I'm assuming single player only but since most mods are universal you could possibly make your own server. Just know which mods can't go into the server.

squeak897

Jul 29, 2019
We added a new modpack and map onto the launcher today. This map is the challenge map to be used at the upcoming tournament at Pax East.

For those that are interested, you can see a dev commentary of the map here.

This map is not showing up in my launcher. Is there a maul download

Democre

Jul 29, 2019
The chest at start needs to be protected from breaking. It's too easy to cheat and get the iron chest that much quicker.

Mowmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Nice map, I think you should take out some materials and have them be crafted with minium stone, ex wood to obsidian, clay to gravel, cobble to flint, gold to iron, diamonds. etc. (didnt need sulfur dust either when getting it from pulverizing coal) Now that would be more challenging! Also did anyone use the EE3 mobius fuel for their generators and engines? I think that gets over looked alot and its really shouldnt be. Anyway just over 33 minutes to complete isnt bad for this map.

Mowmaster

Jul 29, 2019
really though, the birch tree gives like 6 logs which is 24 planks, 8 planks to make a chest and then slab the way over to the island or break the chest and use planks to get to the island, in reality its the same time involved(using minium stone as the crafting table of course) It doesn't matter in my opinion, its actually probs faster not to break the chest and just make it :p