Pax East 2014 Challenge Map

nekosune

Jul 29, 2019
yes except for trees and flowers. This is exactly my point though. "You are not supposed to" is not enough to prevent it from happening in open competition.
The actual competition, if done like last year, is done in a room with staff patrolling, , and I am sure, if they look at the winners map, and see blocks missing that shouldnt be, would be disqualified

Democre

Jul 29, 2019
The actual competition, if done like last year, is done in a room with staff patrolling, , and I am sure, if they look at the winners map, and see blocks missing that shouldnt be, would be disqualified
fair enough... just something to look for then

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
yes except for trees and flowers. This is exactly my point though. "You are not supposed to" is not enough to prevent it from happening in open competition.
If it's like last time, it won't be an open competition. It'll be a bit like the image in the spoiler below, with Slow, Jaded and various other people walking around and keeping an eye on everything. They may also have the screen of someone's play being projected onto a large screen as well (I can't remember if this happened last time or not, but it seems like it would).

34e7e55f_SxYZ448.jpeg

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Just so people know, the current fastest time is 10:52 by JDNerd, he hasn't uploaded this time as it was done around 2 hours ago. But here is his previous time: Link

Also, there was just a map update for the Pax Challenge, it adds into the rules you are allowed to break the starting chest and instead of placing the tesseract/quarryplus in the final chest, its a pool of water to throw into.

My best time on the new map (better than the last one) is 23 minutes, so yeah I got a bit of catching up to do to get a good highscore

nekosune

Jul 29, 2019
I still need to finish this map. Accidentally deleted my good one testing

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

TheCreedux

Jul 29, 2019
When i try to download the map, it is created in another folder, and i have to manually move it to the right folder. And when i start the game, everything is working fine, but when i start the world, it freezes on building world or something like that, and i get an error message in another window, saying the ID's are wrong and need to be changed in the IC2 config. I tried changing the block it wanted me to change, but when I did, it just told me to do it again, and again, and again. Some help would be appreciated! :D

MrWonderful2012

Jul 29, 2019
aww, i can't play this pack, i can't load any FTB pack since the 1.3.7 launcher update, i keep getting a weird crash from chickenbones's mods, it's annoying, well i hope this pack is super fun for anyone that can play it :)
Are you on java 8? FTB doesn't support java 8 I had that problem too :( but I fixed it by downgrading java :)

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp, under an hour is impossible if you don't know EE3 at all, even if you knew EE2. Which EE3 blocks/items are non functional (i.e.: red herrings)?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp, under an hour is impossible if you don't know EE3 at all, even if you knew EE2. Which EE3 blocks/items are non functional (i.e.: red herrings)?
You should only need to use EE3 like twice in the whole thing. In the first minute making iron ingots and ender pearl.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I tabbed back in to say "....Oooooh, I see" now that I've gotten to the turn-in island after spending too much time trying to make calefactors and aludels.

I was looking for the replacement for the transmutation tablet.

Chuck Sommerville

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm new to the forums. I installed the Pax East 2014 mod. It did not automatically include the map as I expected. I downloaded a map, which did not say it was the Pax east 2014 map or not, from the maps section of the launcher. It did not put the map in the Pax East 2014 Minecraft saves folder so I moved it there, along with the NEI folder that was already there. The map in the game launcher shows a date of 3/18/13, which I assume is last years map, and explains why I get many ID mismatches when I try to load it.

Was the mod pack suppose to include the 2014 map? If so, why does it not show up? If not, where do I get the map?

-Chuck

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm new to the forums. I installed the Pax East 2014 mod. It did not automatically include the map as I expected. I downloaded a map, which did not say it was the Pax east 2014 map or not, from the maps section of the launcher. It did not put the map in the Pax East 2014 Minecraft saves folder so I moved it there, along with the NEI folder that was already there. The map in the game launcher shows a date of 3/18/13, which I assume is last years map, and explains why I get many ID mismatches when I try to load it.

Was the mod pack suppose to include the 2014 map? If so, why does it not show up? If not, where do I get the map?

-Chuck
In the pax 2014 folder look for a folder called minecraft/templates. That templates folder contains the map. Just copy it into your saves folder and you should be good to go.