Pax East 2014 Challenge Map

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
is there a updated document of the recorded times?
the current fastest time is 9:42 by JDNerd, there is no video for it but he has uploaded videos for pax before so I am pretty sure he will soon or he might achieve for faster

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
NO ONE CARES ABOUT PAX PRIME(SEATTLE). WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
NO ONE CARES ABOUT PAX PRIME(SEATTLE). WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
it is a lot of work to do such challange, and most of the FTB players are already coming to pax east, it will be a pain to make 2 of those events a year.

F4LK5

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isnt support but i thought this would be so basic, When i install the pack, then launch the game there is no map. Just the instance. Someone please tell me if this is normal and i missed something stupid.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isnt support but i thought this would be so basic, When i install the pack, then launch the game there is no map. Just the instance. Someone please tell me if this is normal and i missed something stupid.
I seem to be having the same problem. I looked over in the maps tab, and there's nothing of the sort, so I'm missing something here, I'm sure of it.[DOUBLEPOST=1396708834][/DOUBLEPOST]
In the pax 2014 folder look for a folder called minecraft/templates. That templates folder contains the map. Just copy it into your saves folder and you should be good to go.
Wait, never mind, a little bit of reading the rest of the thread fixed my problem. *facepalm*

Nazgulgnome

Jul 29, 2019
Just did it in 37 minutes, but I got a message that my time was not recorded because I was caught cheating. I did not cheat, but my game crashed to desktop twice during the playthrough. Could that have caused problems?

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Just did it in 37 minutes, but I got a message that my time was not recorded because I was caught cheating. I did not cheat, but my game crashed to desktop twice during the playthrough. Could that have caused problems?
It could have, because it might restrict game exits in case you use an inventory editor to give yourself items.

Masterbeef894

Jul 29, 2019
My fastest time was around 21 minutes but every time I played it said couldn't send my time to the scoreboard even though I had stable internet access. Was really weird, sometimes said I was caught cheating even though I don't think I was. Funny thing is, I logged out of it once when it said I cheated, never said it again when I logged back into that world.

Last edited:

FrozenToday

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been running the map quite a few times now, but now whenever I try to play it, I get massive lag spikes every now and then, and then a "failed to record time" error, making it impossible to actually play and get a decent flow with. Any idea why?

Ryan Conners

Jul 29, 2019
So, questions. I am trying to run the pax map, so I installed the modpack, then the map, placed it in my saves, but when attempting to load the world with that pack, it gives me ID mismatches. Being the OCD man I am, I went and looked at the ID's for the map, and the pack's ID's, and meticulously made the two be exactly the same. Upon trying to run the pack, I am still told there are mismatches, which, when double-checked, don't exist. They're identical. How do I make it work? :(