Pax East 2014 Challenge Map

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
...what is Pax East again? Isn't it a Minecraft convention or something? Not sure if it's on now or soon either; if it's not now this could give people who are competing some time to train, which isn't that bad I guess, but it might mess with the actual event if the pack is identical here as it is there, cutting down on time needed to craft things by allowing people to avoid using NEI as much.

Masterbeef894

Jul 29, 2019
PAX East is a huge videogame convention that's held in Boston, MA, United States. It's way more than just minecraft. PAX stands for Penny Arcade Expo and it also means peace in latin. As for the mods being different and early training start.....you snooze, you lose. Tournaments are things to train for, after all.
(BTW my top speed was 30 minutes 43 seconds)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
PAX East is a huge videogame convention that's held in Boston, MA, United States. It's way more than just minecraft. PAX stands for Penny Arcade Expo and it also means peace in latin. As for the mods being different and early training start.....you snooze, you lose. Tournaments are things to train for, after all.
(BTW my top speed was 30 minutes 43 seconds)
I'm well aware what Pax means in Latin, just didn't know that PAX East was the Penny Arcade Expo.

Heck, Latin is one of my favorite languages, even if it's mostly dead.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason it's crashing the launcher instead of loading for me. Could be a mac issue? I thought the download might have corrupted, but I deleted it and redownloded and the same thing happened. Unfortunately, I can't copy the console in time before everything closes, so I probably don't have enough info for a support ticket..

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason it's crashing the launcher instead of loading for me. Could be a mac issue? I thought the download might have corrupted, but I deleted it and redownloded and the same thing happened. Unfortunately, I can't copy the console in time before everything closes, so I probably don't have enough info for a support ticket..

Java 6 will cause a crash with CodeChickenCore, I have to run it on 7 or 8. Could be your issue.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Any prices for most spectacular build(and ignore the timer)? :p

Very cool and all, but trying to "speed play" MC is just so counter intuitive to me lol.

Woodopriest

Jul 29, 2019
Just love this map. Did have an laugh yestetday. I derped at start by throwing the enderpearl wrong. And it wad fun doing it with my girlfriend. Thanks Slowpoke and FTB team for making this.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder... would it be possible to add a mod that'll automatically makes a screenshot and uploads it whenever you finished the map?

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
Java 6 will cause a crash with CodeChickenCore, I have to run it on 7 or 8. Could be your issue.

That's possible. It wouldn't be modded Minecraft on a Mac without endlessly fiddling with my Java version

[EDIT] Actually, would it be okay to just use a different version of CodeChickenCore? Every other pack loads fine, and I notice many of them are using slightly different version numbers..

Last edited:

nekosune

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting killed in the nether because blaze spawns on me :) Will complete this eventually

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
That's possible. It wouldn't be modded Minecraft on a Mac without endlessly fiddling with my Java version

[EDIT] Actually, would it be okay to just use a different version of CodeChickenCore? Every other pack loads fine, and I notice many of them are using slightly different version numbers..

Might be worth a shot. Depends on if the other mods require that version, I guess.