Parahumans: the First Dawn

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She smiles and gladly takes his hand, raising up to her feet and smiling warmly. It'd been a long while since she'd really done... well, anything really, with other people. Most of the time she was either too busy, or nobody really ever asked. She couldn't help but be excited. There were so many things they could talk about, too! Though she was an inventor, writing had always been her 'second hobby' that she addressed every now and then.

"Alright then. I suppose we'll get you discharged and be on our way... oop, wait a sec!" Esaias reaches down, picking up her backpack and slinging it over her shoulders, and snatching up the diagram she had drawn. Although it just seemed like that of an explanation of how it should work, secretly, she was going to keep it as a drawing of him, and deposits it in the front pocket. "Alright, now I'm ready." She chuckles and smiles at him, pressing her hands against the back of the backpack handles, walking out with him.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She smiles and gladly takes his hand, raising up to her feet and smiling warmly. It'd been a long while since she'd really done... well, anything really, with other people. Most of the time she was either too busy, or nobody really ever asked. She couldn't help but be excited. There were so many things they could talk about, too! Though she was an inventor, writing had always been her 'second hobby' that she addressed every now and then.

"Alright then. I suppose we'll get you discharged and be on our way... oop, wait a sec!" Esaias reaches down, picking up her backpack and slinging it over her shoulders, and snatching up the diagram she had drawn. Although it just seemed like that of an explanation of how it should work, secretly, she was going to keep it as a drawing of him, and deposits it in the front pocket. "Alright, now I'm ready." She chuckles and smiles at him, pressing her hands against the back of the backpack handles, walking out with him.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

Before leaving, I made sure to pick up the piece of paper I was writing in, crumpling it and throwing it away in the nearest bin. It's a habit really, more than anything. I started walking and, as natural as it was made to be, it still felt slightly weird -- I could move my leg just fine, I'm guessing it's just the extra weigh. Walking out, I put my hands inside the pockets of my jeans, curving my back slightly forwards, stretching.

-"So, do you have a place in mind?" -I glanced at her.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She glances at him for a moment, and she tries to think of someplace, but comes up with a complete blank. She didn't really go to cafes or anything like that, mostly because she was pretty uncomfortable about people, and she never really had a need to find some place to dine. Her job paid pretty well, to boot, so she usually just ate by herself. Hopefully she would think of something while he was getting discharged.

"Um... not really. I mean, I don't go out to eat very often. While I would love to try new food, see who has the best stuff... well, if you can't tell, I'm not good with people." Esaias looks up at him and gives a smile nervously for a moment before continuing to walk. "We could always go to my place, but... well, that would just be awkward, wouldn't it?" She chuckled and smiled much more confidently.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

She glances at him for a moment, and she tries to think of someplace, but comes up with a complete blank. She didn't really go to cafes or anything like that, mostly because she was pretty uncomfortable about people, and she never really had a need to find some place to dine. Her job paid pretty well, to boot, so she usually just ate by herself. Hopefully she would think of something while he was getting discharged.

"Um... not really. I mean, I don't go out to eat very often. While I would love to try new food, see who has the best stuff... well, if you can't tell, I'm not good with people." Esaias looks up at him and gives a smile nervously for a moment before continuing to walk. "We could always go to my place, but... well, that would just be awkward, wouldn't it?" She chuckled and smiled much more confidently.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I stare at the hallway again, thinking, as she talked. When she mentioned her place, I raised an eyebrow, with a playful smile on my face.

-"We could always just start walking and see where we end up, if that's what you want" -I chuckled- "Though, now that you mentioned it, we could go to my place, if you're okay with it". -I miss my piano like crazy, to be honest, but I'll try to hide that at least for now- "We could stop somewhere, buy something, then go" -I say, in a very neutral tone- "And as of right now, you should know that I would be the last one to try anything stupid." -I glance at her, laughing faintly right after- "It's up to you"
After what she's done for me, I feel like she deserves the choice -- and even if she didn't, I'd be too much of coward to object anyway.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Curiously, she glances over to him, staring as she listens, then looks back forward as she thinks about it for a moment. Those were quite a few options, and surprisingly, most of them she was comfortable with, since no matter what she chose, she would be with him. He just made her feel... in place, no matter where she went. Eventually, she manages to settle on a choice, looking up at him and smiling.

"I'd rather get take-out and go to your place. While I would love to invite you to my place instead, I still need to clean up after the invention that exploded a day or two ago. Technically, it was an early prototype of something I was developing that would act as a transfer between clockwork and wired technology. Or, for that matter, pretty much anything mechanical and anything modern. I've been working on that for a while, since it would allow for ridiculous amounts of old technology to be reused..."

She chuckles before looking forward again. "Anyway, we should probably get you discharged before we get any further into this train of thought."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

Curiously, she glances over to him, staring as she listens, then looks back forward as she thinks about it for a moment. Those were quite a few options, and surprisingly, most of them she was comfortable with, since no matter what she chose, she would be with him. He just made her feel... in place, no matter where she went. Eventually, she manages to settle on a choice, looking up at him and smiling.

"I'd rather get take-out and go to your place. While I would love to invite you to my place instead, I still need to clean up after the invention that exploded a day or two ago. Technically, it was an early prototype of something I was developing that would act as a transfer between clockwork and wired technology. Or, for that matter, pretty much anything mechanical and anything modern. I've been working on that for a while, since it would allow for ridiculous amounts of old technology to be reused..."

She chuckles before looking forward again. "Anyway, we should probably get you discharged before we get any further into this train of thought."

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

-"Well reminded" -I said, as she finished her sentence.
I'd be glad helping her clean up, honestly. Anything apart from that bed and close to her is for me, though I really would like to pass by my place later on, to check on things for a change. We started heading to the receptionist.

-"I'm not too sure how to explain this to nurse, by the way"- I pointed at my leg, chuckling faintly.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

"Nah, don't worry. I've had to deal with enough people while explaining my inventions that I'm pretty sure I can explain it in layman's terms." She smiles at him as they walk down the hallway. "Besides, this thing was so stupidly simple that they should be able to substitute it for aluminum rather easily - I just wanted to give you something as rust-proof as possible, which is why it's made out of titanium. None of that extra baggage for you." Esaias chuckles softly, readjusting her backpack, and then her hood, as they walk out into the lobby.

|Street|

Esaias opens the door for him, supporting it with her back as he walks out, and smiles before following along with him, leaving the door to close. Her mind turned to what questions to ask him, and even though she had a rather good idea of what she wanted to know, a surprising amount of them related to sensitive subjects. Hopefully she didn't run out of questions that weren't like that. Hopefully.

"So, got any idea of where we're going to pick up some food from, or are we just going to walk until we find something, then head for your place?" She glances at him as she asks this question, with curious, but uncertain eyes.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
|Glade|
|Glade's Apartment|
|OOC: Time skip to me waking up|

...Did all of that really happen...was it all just a dream? I have to be sure...I get up off of my bed and start getting ready, grabbing an apple for the go. Biting into the apple I start to think about yesterday

Can I really believe that I can now blow things up and I met a nice guy in the same day? The only place to go is his apartment to be sure.

As I turn on the street I wonder to myself about what I will do when I get there...What will I tell him I came over for, if I said I think he mightn't have existed I'll seem to cold...I'll figure it out when I get there

I walk up to the front door and knock...What if he's not home? I hope I don't look like a fool out here...

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

"Nah, don't worry. I've had to deal with enough people while explaining my inventions that I'm pretty sure I can explain it in layman's terms." She smiles at him as they walk down the hallway. "Besides, this thing was so stupidly simple that they should be able to substitute it for aluminum rather easily - I just wanted to give you something as rust-proof as possible, which is why it's made out of titanium. None of that extra baggage for you." Esaias chuckles softly, readjusting her backpack, and then her hood, as they walk out into the lobby.

|Street|

Esaias opens the door for him, supporting it with her back as he walks out, and smiles before following along with him, leaving the door to close. Her mind turned to what questions to ask him, and even though she had a rather good idea of what she wanted to know, a surprising amount of them related to sensitive subjects. Hopefully she didn't run out of questions that weren't like that. Hopefully.

"So, got any idea of where we're going to pick up some food from, or are we just going to walk until we find something, then head for your place?" She glances at him as she asks this question, with curious, but uncertain eyes.

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|
(OCC: The old format is back, 'bitches!)

Her question echoed in my head for a few seconds, I looked up, mouth half-open, thinking. I didn't go out that much, to be honest -- half of the time I went out to get food, I went or to the supermarket near One Pin lane or to Pam & Sam's, if they are still open after what happened, I doubt it, though. I don't really think I know of anywhere else... I hummed quietly, thinking slightly out-loud. As an imaginary bulb appeared on top my head, I raised my finger, glancing at her:

-"There's this one place, near Heatherside Garden, I forgot the name..." -I stop for a moment, trying to remember- "Anyway, I heard it's nice, if you're up for it." -I glare at her, tilting my head slightly to my left, waiting for a response.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon, Martin and Eric's Apartment|

Glade can hear voices inside. The three certainly speak way too loudly.

"Can someone open the door?"
"You're the one waiting for someone, go open it!"
"Shut up already, Martin, you're three steps from the door."
"Alright, you jackass!"

Someone opens the door, and Glade doesn't recognize. Instead of Simon's face, down to the whole Asian descent and thick glasses appearance, she sees a guy who's even more paler than Simon, with bright, strawberry blonde hair, and a very freckled face.

And then the door shuts rapidly.

"Simon! Go to the fucking door already!"
"I've told you that you should open the door!"
"I think it's your junkie friend."
"Shut up, Eric, she's not a junkie."
"You're not denying she's your friend?"
"What part of 'shut up' didn't you get?"
"The part where you start dictating my life."

|Simon|

I opened the door, and thanked God that Martin, for once, had a little bit of sense when it came down to anyone, really, because the person at the front door was Glade.

And of course, I started stuttering, and I went on one of my "I-uh-I-uh" moments again. Get a hold of yourself, man. C'mon, crack a joke at your own expense, that always works.

"You know, there are many things I could be saying right now, but they'd be way too cheesy so I'm just gonna shut my mouth."

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

A small smile comes upon her face as she listens to him hum softly. He just seemed so sure of what he was doing, in what he was saying... heck, every little detail that she noticed about him would only make him more appealing to her. She was slowly hoping that she never had to see what was behind the emotional mask he wore - the mask was too good to be true, but she wanted it to stay. He made her happy like that.

Then, once he inquires her, it snaps her out of her thoughtful state, and she looks at him for a moment. "Hm? Oh, I'd love to. I'd go pretty much anywhere, as long as you enjoy yourself. I just adapt to things, anyway... so you better enjoy that meal." Esaias playfully bumps him on the shoulder, chuckling before looking forward again. As time passes, she starts to hum to herself in very slowly increasing volume.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

A small smile comes upon her face as she listens to him hum softly. He just seemed so sure of what he was doing, in what he was saying... heck, every little detail that she noticed about him would only make him more appealing to her. She was slowly hoping that she never had to see what was behind the emotional mask he wore - the mask was too good to be true, but she wanted it to stay. He made her happy like that.

Then, once he inquires her, it snaps her out of her thoughtful state, and she looks at him for a moment. "Hm? Oh, I'd love to. I'd go pretty much anywhere, as long as you enjoy yourself. I just adapt to things, anyway... so you better enjoy that meal." Esaias playfully bumps him on the shoulder, chuckling before looking forward again. As time passes, she starts to hum to herself in very slowly increasing volume.

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

-"You'll like it, I'm sure"-I smile before turning my eyes back to the street.
I wonder what myself from two months ago would say if he saw me now -- I'm not even sure I want to know, to be honest. He wouldn't say very nice things, I assure you that. I chuckle to my own thoughts, sighing slightly after. I change glances between the street and her hand for a few seconds, wondering if I should hold it or not -- I bit my lower lip, and slowly, I wrapped my hand around hers, trying as much as I could to act natural about it, I'm not so sure I was succeeding, though. Trying to shake off the warm feeling starting to appear on my cheeks, I chuckle, gazing the sky.

-"You never mentioned your taste for music, did you?" -I said, smiling warmly.

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Hospital|

The hand-holding catches her off-guard, and she almost gasps in surprise, but manages to keep it to herself as they continue walking, and a warm blush becomes apaprent on her cheeks. She resumes humming, but not long after, he mentions it, and she nervously looks down, flustering. "O-Oh... you heard me humming?" She fidgets with her other hand a little, but wraps her other around his comfortably with a soft smile, and she tries her best to hide her blush.

"Yeah... Music is kind of what I identify things as." Esaias turns her head, gesturing to the environment. "When I look around at the world, the buildings... reality, I see music. Every invention I make is a song all on it's own. Of course, that doesn't mean that it can't be appealing to the ears - which is why some of them fail... you wouldn't understand. It's kind of like how a blind person sees with their ears, or a deaf person hears with their eyes. It's how my brain works, in a sense..."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

The hand-holding catches her off-guard, and she almost gasps in surprise, but manages to keep it to herself as they continue walking, and a warm blush becomes apaprent on her cheeks. She resumes humming, but not long after, he mentions it, and she nervously looks down, flustering. "O-Oh... you heard me humming?" She fidgets with her other hand a little, but wraps her other around his comfortably with a soft smile, and she tries her best to hide her blush.

"Yeah... Music is kind of what I identify things as." Esaias turns her head, gesturing to the environment. "When I look around at the world, the buildings... reality, I see music. Every invention I make is a song all on it's own. Of course, that doesn't mean that it can't be appealing to the ears - which is why some of them fail... you wouldn't understand. It's kind of like how a blind person sees with their ears, or a deaf person hears with their eyes. It's how my brain works, in a sense..."

|Christopher Watson|
|Hospital|

I chuckle, slightly sarcastic.

-"Funnily enough, we're not too different in that sense either..." -I keep gazing the sky, the sunset is downright relaxing- "It might be related to the fact that I spend pretty much three thirds of my day staring at a piano, but who knows'." -I said, playfully- "It's not a bad way to see the world, honestly, it makes it less hostile, in my opinion".

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Simon, Martin and Eric's apartment|
|An old...well not exactly face...|
Jumping out from behind him, Eric and Martin amiably grabbed Simon, pushing him backwards, away from Glade. They then stepped in front of him, with huge grins on their face.
"Heyyyyyy, Glade! Good to see you again! I can't wait to kill you!" They said, in perfect unison, all in the voice of a 30-ish woman. Though it wold be much jollier and camp than last time she heard, the voice would be unmistakable, as the voice of the woman who had controlled the children in Glade's Dojo. Zet, James had called her.
"No need to fell left out Simon! We can kill you too!"
While Martin carefully reached for Glade's throat, careful not to set off her explosions, Eric went back to Simon, and aimed a foot sweep at Simon's legs to trip him over.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

She looks back at him and smiles softly before chuckling. "I can agree there..." Esaias turns back to the sidewalk, shifting her backpack a little. "Nobody really knows about my interest in music... mainly because I know they won't understand. While musicians would probably think that they do, they don't. It's... not exactly music. More like music is the closest thing to it, so that's what I usually call it, and that's how I usually express myself..."

Her blush becomes more and more apparent as she continues talking, slowly unraveling. Maybe he would understand what she was talking about. Probably not, though... people never did. But then again, she had never really met someone like him before, so who knew if he would? Certainly not her.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
[Hospital]

I returned to a room missing one person. Christopher, who allegedly had a broken leg, had also seemingly got up and walked out. Well, miracles do happen I guess?

Well, it was pointless me lying around here longer than necessary. I gathered up my things and walked down to see about getting discharged. All I'd suffered from was mild hypothermia apparently, and they were satisfied that no other conditions appeared to be developing as a result of the swim I'd had. I'd been given some precautionary drugs as well, so all should be fine.

As I walked downstairs, my mind returned to the other two still in the room. I had no idea who the lunatic was, and to be honest, I didn't care too much. I'd seen too many of his type before... I shudder, and force my mind back to the present. The other one was a mystery, but he was apparently from out in the sticks, so I guess it didn't matter.

Well, off to the reception and then on to the station. I could use the walk to stretch off my legs, and with my cell phone being out of action and my radio lost, I figured I ought to at least check in with Richard and the others before going home. I wasn't entirely sure what my powers meant for me carrying on the job, but I had no intention of losing the only true family I ever had.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Simon, Martin and Eric's Apartment|

Fuck.

Fuck. Fuck.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuc-

Do something already! Your friends are possessed and are threatening to kill the girl you like, which could possibly maim them forever even without her powers. Don't lay on the ground, think of something!

I picked up my coat, which was on the nearby table, and wrapped it around Eric's neck, trying to pull him down into the ground.

"Hey! It's me you want! Come get me!"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

She looks back at him and smiles softly before chuckling. "I can agree there..." Esaias turns back to the sidewalk, shifting her backpack a little. "Nobody really knows about my interest in music... mainly because I know they won't understand. While musicians would probably think that they do, they don't. It's... not exactly music. More like music is the closest thing to it, so that's what I usually call it, and that's how I usually express myself..."

Her blush becomes more and more apparent as she continues talking, slowly unraveling. Maybe he would understand what she was talking about. Probably not, though... people never did. But then again, she had never really met someone like him before, so who knew if he would? Certainly not her.

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

-"Everyone has their unique way to see the world..." -Still gazing at the sky, I smile, getting a better hold of her hand- "And there's nothing wrong with that."
The sunset makes this scene look straight out of a romance novel -- I chuckle at the though. What was the last time you felt like this, Watson? I betcha' you can't even remember. And I truly don't. Just another reason to appreciate this one while it lasts.

Kal.

Jul 29, 2019
| Soren Ruka |
| Rusty Keys Used Bookstore: Upstairs Living Space |

"Mmm..." Soren hummed from her throat, lightly musing over her predicament. Knelt on the ground, her torso was pressed tight against her legs, her face so low to the ground her nose nearly touched the floor. This close to the planks, Soren could easily inspect the tiny, crystalline grains that made up the edge of the the small salt circle.

Here in lay the problem. Every time she bent her face closer to the ground, her dark locks would fall away from her back and into the ring, little crystal cubes sticking onto strands of hair. She'd raise her head and shake the locks behind her, only for them to disrupt her inspecting once again when she bent her head floorwards.

An easy solution would be to tie her hair back, but bands restricted the free motion of her hair, not to mention pulled strands at the scalp, pulling them out before their time. Thus Soren recently took to allowing her hair to be tie-free... yet it was getting in the way of something as simple as a salt circle. "Mmm..." If I use chrysanthemum powder... its too fine, too delicate, my hair would displace anything drawn with it. This wouldn't do at all...

Aha... An idea crept upon her. Raising her upper body, she carefully gathered her hair and tucked it into the back of her shirt. There we go... Content with her solution, Soren lowered her upper body once more, this time able to eye the salt ring without hindrance. Using the back of her nails, she patiently scraped any stray salt crystals back to the ring. The more precise the ring, the stronger the spell's effect would turn out.

Finally satisfied with her ring, Soren reached into her pouch and removed a small packet of folded paper. Pulling back the folds revealed a fine, pink powder. Chrysanthemum powder. With her left hand, she removed from her belt a long metallic stem, which at one end was a small divot, making it look like a spoon. A spoon for a mouse, perhaps. The tiny depression made it easy to remove just a pinch of the powder, and then place it on the wooden floorboards exactly where Soren wanted it. It took longer than if she'd used her fingers, but the symbol, , within the salt circle came out looking that much more precise.

When she'd finished, Soren raised herself up fully, taking the weight of her body off her shins. The tall girl shifted a step to her right, looked straight forward, looked down at her work, then sat cross-legged. She faced her palms upwards, thumbs sticking out, putting the right one over the left one. Back ramrod straight, Soren kept her face strictly forward before closing her eyes and exhaling deeply.

"Lora Santum, Anos Santum, Lora Santum..." she repeated the chant softly.

It was a chant for protection, a chant for abundance of goodwill in this time of darkness. The news only ever talked about the dark things, the assaults, the murders... it upset the owners, her employers... she couldn't change any of it, but she could call for good energy to find them, her, this store. It was something, at least.

Last edited: