Parahumans: the First Dawn

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
This is the IC thread! No Out-Of-Character discussion is to take place here! Do not Post here until your character has been approved!

|???|

|???|

As the city sleeps, our protagonists do so too, their breathing even, their bodies resting.

Nothing stirs. Nothing, but a cloaked figure, running through an alley, breathing hard, carrying a metal case. They dart away from their pursuer, changing direction constantly, taking a random path, to throw the one that wishes to find them off their scent.

But to no avail. As they run down yet another alley, it is found to be ended with a high wall. Placing down the case, the cloaked figure turns and shows their face, their hood falling behind their head.

closeup%20original%20lips%20long%20hair%20purple%20eyes%20anime%20girls%20faces%20hair%20in%20face%20black%20hair%201600x1200_www.wallpaperfo.com_50.jpg

A girl, adorned with short purple hair, and deep purple eyes watches the darkness in front of them, as something crawls out.

It is indescribable, something not of this world. It is greater than the earth, yet smaller than a mouse. It moves in jumps and starts, like a broken video, its whole existence jerking awkwardly.

Condensing into a more tangible form, it becomes a man with no features, pitch black, in a dinner jacket with a black tie. A laugh escapes it, a deep, booming sound that echoes across the alley and back.

“You’ve finally accepted your fate, then?” A deep, rich voice, like that of an african man, speaking confidently, almost arrogantly.

Not saying anything, the girl takes a gun out of her packet lightning-fast, and fires three shots - yet not a scrap of metal leaves the end, not even a wisp of smoke.

Instead, the gun explodes in her hand like a grenade, and her arm is destroyed, her entire body thrown against the wall. Groaning her last breath, she closes her eyes as her eviscerated body shuts down, finally giving in after so long.

.:Morning:.

|Jack Porter|

|Behind Barton State School|

Jack had decided not to attend lessons today. As his logic followed, he didn’t learn anything anyway, so there wasn’t any point. Detention was a joke, anyway - the teachers didn’t give a damn what they did, just so long as they stayed put.

Reaching into his pocket, Jack found a packet of cigarettes, and retrieved one, the last one in the pack. Placing the packet back in the pocket, another search gave him a lighter. A few flicks allowed him a small flame, his hand covering it agains the light breeze, as he lit the cigarette that was between his mouth.

He took a long draught, breathing out again after what seemed an aeon. His mind felt more relaxed, he found, when smoking. Taking another puff, he leaned against the wall, and relinquished the smoke with a long sigh. Jack’s life wasn’t really going anywhere, and he knew it. There was so much pressure to succeed, to try hard and get a good job.

But Jack just didn’t understand the need, the striving for that life, always thinking about the future. He felt that the only thing important was the here and now, not the past, not the future, but the very moment in which he lived.

|Petrol Station|

The petrol station near school was where Jack always bought cigarettes. The clerks never bothered with ID, and it was just out of sight of the teachers at school, so nobody knew where he went. Picking up a stick of chewing gum at the same time, Jack chose a packet of menthols, and put the money needed on the counter.

The clerk was from Eastern Europe, judging from his slavic accent.

“Is there anything else you would like to buy?” He said, in a bored monotone.

“Nah. My change?” Jack asked, and the clerk printed out a receipt, giving him some small coins.

“Have a good day.” Was the last thing the man said before Jack walked out the automatic doors, whirring as they shut behind him.

Jack ripped open the chewing gum packet, and popped one of the rectangular, white chews in his mouth before storing them in a pocket.

Chewing, he felt an odd taste, for a moment, but it was soon gone. A frown formed on his face, quickly disappearing as he crossed the road, dismissing it as nothing.

[Note: I don’t expect anyone’s posts to look like this, or be this long. The MINIMUM requirement I have of you is that you write at least two paragraphs, five sentences each, and name your character above your post, just for convenience’s sake. I’ll post at the top of mine what time it is, no need for anyone else to do so, just to avoid confusion]

Reactions: Qazplm601 and Kal.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
|Tyler Blaze|
|Blaze residence|

Tyler hardly woke up at 6 after an all-nighter. It became a habit. He went to the kitchen and made a coffe, went back to his bed and picked up his phone. No activity last night. He returned to the kitchen to find the coffee burnt. Drinked it anyway...
"Blergh! You would think i can at least afford some good coffee!"
He put on his clothes and coat and went out for a walk. It's foggy and cold outside. Birds can be heard chirping as the sun rises. Tyler always goes on the same route so he doesen't pay much attention to the road. Ideas flow in his mind from the moment he wakes up until dawn.
He's heading towards the lab to meet with his young students. Tyler is the leader of the team. You can't call him a boss, he's too nice for that.

|Blaze research center|
Ty arrived at 6:45, turned on the lights and continued yesterday's research.
Nothing special this morning.

Last edited:

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon Hideyoshi|
|Simon, Martin and Eric's apartment|

Simon's day started uneventful.

Actually, scratch that, Simon himself was uneventful.

He woke up, checked if Eric and Martin had already left for work (which they already had), got himself dressed with his old jeans and a shirt wtih The Pigeon Detectives' "Emergency" album cover on it, without the name. Picked up his bag, put on his headphones and headed for the shop he worked half-time. After all, he had to pay the bills.

Well, at leasts his bills, one third of the rent, the food he bought and the rest went into just about anything he wanted.

He stat behind the counter, opened a copy of Watchmen, and started reading.

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|

|Esaias' Tinkering Shop|

Esaias' mind somehow manages to drift back into reality as she becomes awake, but doesn't even make an attempt at opening her eyes. Instead, she tries to picture the room around her - what was she doing last, and where? Let's see... I was going through an all-nighter. I think... and I was messing around with... what was that one called, again? The weird one that's supposed to provide a framework between clockwork gears and modern tech? Uh... then I did a test to make sure it worked... so I should be...

She opens her eyes and reaches a hand up, sucking in air through her teeth as the light pierces the veil of sleep. Then, she looks around at the room around her. It was the test room - pretty much just a regular room that she couldn't find any use for, so she stripped everything unnecessary and turned it into what it is now. A space in the middle for testing stuff, and just outside, a few pedestals for holding stuff up in the air.

And she was stuck in the corner.

Esaias wiggles herself in an instinctive motion to free herself from being jammed between the two walls and whatever was in front of her, and manages to stand up, hitting her head on something in the process.

"Ow! Oof... that wasn't there earlier..." She rubs her head and turns a little to look up, and notices that it was a gear jutting out from the wall. Her mind races for a moment to find a match for something familiar, and she realizes it's one of the gears from the invention. Then, Esaias turns and looks at the room - which is pretty much covered in ash with all sorts of parts strewn about. "Oh, great. I'm gonna have to make sure the explosion didn't break anything..." She feels a slight tinge of something in the air, something strange, but passes it off as nothing.

|Mekhan Inc.|

After realizing that it was 7:00, she dashed off to the lab to clock in before she was late. As she rushes towards the revolving doors, Esaias stops just before them and takes a deep breath to relax herself, and acts more formal as she walks in and checks in at the reception desk. Then, she heads for the employee elevator, and sends it up to the 8th floor. As much as she was afraid of heights, she couldn't really control what floor the lab was on - besides, she was usually located in the center of the building, where there were no windows.

As soon as Esaias arrives, she heads off to her own area, waving to what very few friends she's managed to make during her time here as she passes by them. And from there, she prepares for the worst, since one of her inventions had blown up. Mekhan wouldn't be too happy about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: xTordX

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
|Glade|
|Glade's Apartment|

Glade woke up sore from a fight yesterday. And she was not happy

Glade walks over to the kitchen hoping she would be able to make something to eat to get her mind off the fight. And then she remembers...today is the anniversary of that day. She walks over to her bed and sits; her mind relives that day...over...and over. Finally she gathers enough courage to get off her bed and go to the dojo, of course today is still a regular day.

|The Dojo|

Glade arrives at the dojo and people can see that something is wrong with her. Nevertheless she starts teaching the students. Each student has their own personality and fighting style. Gabe is slow but powerful, like a hippo. Joshua is fast and arguably the best fighter of them all, but he is very easily goaded into a fight, very similar to herself. Then there is Sarah; she is the calmest of them all, and she is a great fighter. However, Sarah will never be willing to do what Glade had done 3 years ago. Some would say that is a good thing, but according to Glade it is not. Because she does not regret that day, she did what she thought was necessary. And isn't that all we can possibly do...

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
[Sarah]
[Sarah’s apartment]

The alarm went off, Sarah groaning as she got out of bed. She quickly grabbed a coffee, cheaper then the stuff from the place she worked, even if it tasted like filth, and got dressed before making her way to work. After last nights run she had managed to get a few trinkets and watches, but little of actual value, and selling them to her fence just added more hassle to the whole proceeding, even if it did make her almost double he money she made working as a barista at one of the higher class cafés. While she could of reaped even greater rewards taking from the customers here, she didn't want to draw attention to herself, as getting arrested would Really ruin her day. If she stayed away from where she worked on her little money-making trips, she should be able to continue to reap the rewards.

[Coffee shop]

Sarah scowled as she made her way in through the back entrance and grabbed a green apron of one of the hooks on the back of the door. Barely acknowledging her co-workers she went out to the counter and grudgingly started to sever customers.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
[Lorna]
[Lorna's Apartment]

Lorna woke to the sound of her mobile ringing, synergising with the pounding inside her head to create a symphony of pain as she crawled bleary-eyed out of bed. As she answered the phone, the best her voice could manage was a hoarse croak.

"Hello?"

"Lorna, we need you to come in ASAP. There's been a discovery at the old docklands." The voice was that of her boss, Richard. A softly-spoken man, he had years of experience on the streets of London and never wasted his words. Unlike some of the other high-ups, he'd gained his post through experience and ability, and was one of the few Chief Inspectors that Lorna respected.

"Isn't there anyone else? This was supposed to be my day off and, after yesterday's news...I'm not exactly at my best."

"I know the news hit you hard, but the public backlash has been pretty intense. PsychEval suggests he's not getting out any time soon either. Take a bit more time if you need to, and head straight to the scene rather than via the office. I've already had the scene secured, and Forensics are on their way, so no need to worry about that. I need you sharp today Lorna. Everyone else is out dealing with drunken brawls that went south. I suspect this one might turn serial and, even if anyone else was available, I want you heading this up. The Toetaker case showed that you're the best we have for this kind of incident."

Lorna sucked a mouthful of air in between her teeth. If Richard suspected a serial, then it probably was. "Alright. Give me half an hour to make myself vaguely human and I'll be on my way." As Lorna was about to hang up, she noticed the empty whiskey bottle on the kitchen table. "Just a heads up, I'll have to commandeer a taxi. I trust you'll manage all the red tape."

"I should really hire a secretary." Richard chuckled as Lorna put the phone down. As soon as she was sure the call had ended, she swore loudly. She shouldn't have drunk so much last night, but today would have been her day off and she'd needed it after finding out that Ashley McConnelly was applying for early release and identity protection. The bastard had gone to his partner's house one day while she was at work and slowly dismembered her baby son, whom she had been pregnant with when they met. By the time he was done, the nursery was coated in blood. She'd been assigned to that case, and the crime scene still gave her nightmares every so often. The thought of a sadistic, coldhearted shit like McConnelly walking the streets had been too much for her to handle whilst sober. She hadn't been thinking straight. No way they'll release him. But his smug face, which had shown no hint of remorse from the moment they arrested him to the moment they took him to a top-security prison, had been dancing in her head, mocking her.

Two very strong cups of coffee, a quick shower and a breakfast of cold pizza later, Lorna rushed downstairs in her uniform and hailed the nearest taxi. Flashing her badge, she told him where to go.

[Old Docklands]

Lorna dived out the taxi, not bothering to pay. Richard had an arrangement with many of the taxi firms should the need arise, and expenses would be sorted out via the cab firm. Docking under the police tape, she headed into the warehouse. Forensics personnel buzzed all around her, but many of them knew her from previous cases and all took great care to keep out of her way. At the back, shrouded in shadow until Forensics got their lamps on, was the 'discovery'.

Male.
Middle aged.
Cheap suit, but well-cleaned shoes.

Crucified.

Two wooden boards had been hammered into a crude cross, and the corpse was hanging from them through sharpened metal bars pushed through its hands and feet. Lorna swore softly under her breath. Richard was right. This had every indication of being a serial - most murderers don't go in for the theatrics. She turned to head back to the Forensics team, but spotted one further detail. Painted on the wall, hidden in the shadow, was a symbol of two crossed swords, painted in black.

The Band of the Black Swords. Either one of them was responsible, or this was their 'turf' and so someone from them may have been a witness. Lorna rang the department phone line. "Richard? It's Lorna. I'm coming in to the office, and I need everything we know about the Band of the Black Swords."

Reactions: Kal.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
|Dennis Chambers|
|The streets of London, definitely not NYC|

Nobody notices little oddities. Sometimes, the weirdest things happen right in front of people, and they don't bat an eye. They certainly don't notice things they perceive as normal. They would have to be especially astute to notice anything even moderately dull in this attention-whoring world of ours.

Dennis was hardly ever noticed. Dull face, grey hoodie pulled over his hair, nobody noticed him. He knew it too. He wasn't bitter. If anything, the fact that people didn't notice him made him smug.

Dennis pulled wallets out of people's pockets.

Passing a businessman in a suit, whoop! Wallet gone, and 30 seconds later, that wallet was on the ground, with all of the cash gone. He wasn't the only victim. You have to steal alot to live in even the worst of the London apartments. Morning rush hour is great for pickpockets. Everybody is tired, and in a rush. They never stop. Hell, even if they noticed, what would they do? Follow a grey hoodie in a sea of nondescript clothing? Report a theft? As if. Life is stressful enough as is without making a fuss about something so trivial.

Dennis ducked into a 7/11. After all, now he was no longer completely broke.

|7/11|

The clerk said nothing as the door opened, eyes glued to a magazine. Dennis picked up a soda and placed it on the counter, pulling out the wad of cash he had obtained not minutes before. The clerk rang up his purchase, and muttered something that might have been "thanks for shopping," but it was so unenthusiastic that you couldn't be sure.

Dennis popped open his can of pop, took a long draw, and smiled contentedly. Then, he reassumed his blank face, and stepped out onto the street. It was going to be another dull, boring, day.

(OOC - 7/11 is a convenience store. Don't know if they exist over there.)

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
.:Afternoon:.

|Blaze Research Centre|
Tyler's report of nothing happening that day would have been him saying too soon - something was indeed to happen.
Without him seeing, a fluid began to ooze out from one of the vents employed to keep gases from building up in the lab. It was black, with streaks of neon green, lengthening and thinning as it dropped to the floor and pooled there.
After it had all convened as a globular mass on the white, sparkling-clean floor of the lab, it began to move. Flowing along, it left black-brown streaks in once-pristine floor, rolling over itself. Reaching Tyler's foot, it made a screeching noise, rippling with the sound, and it threw itself at the man's leg.

|The Shop|
A man walked into the shop, wearing a motorcycle helmet and leathers. There was a sign on the door requiring customers to take off any hoods, balaclavas, hats or helmets, however this person had clearly decided to ignore that. Had Simon taken a closer look, he would have seen that the man was wearing completely black leather gloves, trousers, boots and jacket, along with a matt black helmet. It would have seemed that he radiated... an air of menace, one might call it. As if he could do anything, at any moment, and that thing would never be good.
Walking over to the counter, he slammed his hands on it, a jarring impact that made everything on the surface vibrate. The man then looked, deep into Simon's eyes. His eyes were not visible, beneath the black visor, but something would tell Simon he was staring deep into his own.
Reaching over the counter, the man would grab him by the shirt, and fling him bodily down the aisle nearest to them with an impossible strength, smashing the glass screen of a fridge with his back.

|The Dojo|
As she was teaching the three children, they suddenly stood, stock still, with their arms by their side. Their eyes, if she looked at them, would have been completely black, with no whites - just pure, pitch black. Moving towards her, their lips turned a similar colour, and veins stood out in a red-grey.
They all fell into flawless martial arts stances as they advanced on her. In a way that would be impossible to avoid, they all attacked. One went for a sweeping kick to her legs, another for a kick to her stomach, and the third tried for a punch to her head. All of these would be perfectly done, as if they had learnt for longer than their whole lives.

|Coffee Shop|
At a point when business was quiet, a coffee machine began to whirr, strangely, when nothing had been pressed on it. Then, other electrical devices in the room began to do the same, around Sarah. The lights, the other machines, even Sarah phones began to shake from the intensity of it, so much that the mobile jumped out of her pocket, moving along on the floor. The lamps in the ceiling were swinging from their cords, flickering, and the coffee machines began to fall off the counter. Two of them moved to a different door each, blocking them off, pressing them closed.
There was one left, and it moves towards Sarah, as malicious-seeming as any coffee machine could be. Rising into the air, it shot for her, and pressed her against the wall, with the strength of a bodybuilder.

|Old Docklands|
CRACK
CRRRRRRACK

Just as Lorna was turning to leave, three enormous cracks filled the room, and as she turned around to look at the noise, Lorna would see the murdered man, walking. On his back was the vertical beam of the cross upon which he had been held up, and his arms each held half of the horizontal one. The beams made him walk awkwardly its face looking down, and when it raised its arms, they pointed above its head. The planks began to disintegrate, becoming small splinters, and they flew directly at Lorna, at high speed.

|Streets|
As Dennis was walking down the street, he would suddenly trip on something he had not seen, and fall sideways, into an alley. Looking back at the exit of the alley, it would suddenly be filled by the same concrete of which the walls were made. A rumbling sound was heard as the other end had similar happen to it as well.
Now that he was trapped, a form began to take shape, that of a tall, stockily-built man, his body seeming to belong to a weightlifter. It was like he walked out of the wall, and was made of the same concrete the barriers had been.
Stamping his foot, the man brought a manacle of tarmac around one of Dennis' ankle, restraining him and the concrete man brought a fist down towards his head.

Reactions: Qazplm601

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
|Blaze Research Centre|

Feeling something crawling on his foot, Tyler looked down to see a nasty slime trying to cut off his leg. He jumped in shock and fell over his chair, throwing the gellatinous creature in the opposite corner of the room.
Ty quickly stood up and grabbed a big berzelius glass and trapped the creature, looking at it full of exitement. A new discovery has just been made.
He grabbed his phone and used the voice memo app:
"I've just been attacked by what seems to be a blob of slime. I need to investigate this incident. I will start the research of this specimen this instant!"
Tyler has re-organised the lab for the rest of the afternoon.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Mekhan Inc.|
Everyone else seemed to be either on break or elsewhere, so Esaias was alone. When she got to her workstation, she would find that, indeed, one of her inventions had exploded. However, upon further inspection, she would find that in fact, the explosion had come from outside of the device, destroying it.
Suddenly, something exploded beside her, throwing her from the chair upon which she sat. It toppled with her, clattering on the floor as she impacted it.
Looking to its source, she would see a woman, slender and tall, wearing a suit, except she was completely white, like alabaster, smooth and flawless, with no features on her face. Raising her hand, she flexed it, and the chair was blown sideways by yet another explosion.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Mekhan Inc.|
Esaias' mind races as she tries to think of what to do to escape from... whatever the heck was in front of her. As the chair is blown away, without standing up, she flips herself onto her side and starts fumbling around in her pockets for something, anything to deter her opponent. Screwdriver? No, too easily knocked out of hand. Too easy to miss the target. Eh, hammer? No, still too easy to miss... Her mind becomes more and more narrow as adrenaline starts to fill her bloodstream, both out of fear, and in an attempt to give her just a bit more time. Then, she looks to her right, and notices the monkey wrench on the ground. Monkey wrench! Made entirely of metal, solid, mostly flat surface... perfect for blunt force trauma! Out of pure instinct, she reaches over and grabs it, tossing it into the air towards her assailant with all the strength her upper body can muster, hoping to connect a good hit.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
|Dennis| (OOC - Will be writing in first person.)
|Alleyway|

"SHIIEEEEEEET!!" I screamed.
I couldn't run, there was no hiding. I was stuck. My soda had spattered all over my pants and the ground, where I had dropped it.
"I DON'T WANNA DIEEE!"
I tugged at the manacle. It held fast. Whatever weird material it was made of, it was strong. Panic filled me like nothing else.

Turning around, I saw my escape would have been blocked anyway.

Turning back, I suppressed another scream at the sight of the hulking...monster? Man?

I lifted a hand in surrender, shaking. I'd never believed in supernatural crazyness, and really hoped that I was just going insane. And that my life wasn't about to end at the hands of a concrete serial killer. If that was what he was.

He was certainly menacing.

"Um...hi?"

Reactions: xTordX

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
[Coffee shop]
Suppressing a scream, Sarah's eyes darted around the room, looking for something, anything, she could use to defend herself. She grabbed something off the counter which she had noticed in the corner of her eye and swung the smiling face on the novelty coffee mug towards the coffee machine which had pinned her to the wall, hoping to shake it loose.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon Hideyoshi|OOC: Eh, why not, first person we go, I'm already used to it|
|The Shop|

Remember when I said I was uneventful? Yeah?

This is way, way, way different from a normal day.

"Shitshitshitshit!" - I rushed towards the manager's room. Hopefully the door would be open so I could warn the autorithies or something. A part of my shirt was getting damp with my own blood. Fuck, this will be hard to explain to everyone. I took as quick of a peek as I can from behind the drinks section before being utterly dazed by the fact that the one person who's pursuing me is goddamn Ghost Rider, and ran as fast as I could.

Either that, or Celty Sturluson from Durarara!!

I thought that both were equally likely.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Blaze Research Centre|
The slime, unhappy with its container, smashed the glass to smithereens simply by exerting pressure upon it, sending shards flying out all over the lab. This time being more aggressive, the slime launched itself at Tyler, grabbing at his face, entering his mouth and nostrils despite Tyler's efforts to rip it off.
Once inside Tyler's lungs, it began to work away, causing him to faint from asphyxiation. While unconscious, he would be unable to resist the slime dragging the rest of its mass inside him, moving down his gullet and his windpipe, filling him, becoming almost part of him as it slithered around in his internal organs. When he woke, Tyler would feel awful - like he had woken from a hangover, yet was still so drunk he could not stand, barely even crawl. Worst of all, though, he would feel the slime, in his body, making it hard to breathe, squirming inside of him.

|Mekhan Inc.|​

The monkey wrench flew towards the alabaster woman, but it flew with incredible speed, easily a hundred miles an hour. It struck her, throwing her back with heavy force before she could create another explosion to stop it.

|Alleyway|
"Hello, Dennis." The man spoke, his voice grating, scratching, gravelly, in a way, as if it was made by scraping two stone together. Then, he continued moving his fist down, and it smashed into Dennis' stomach, crushing his stomach and liver, severely bruising his abdomen.
Suddenly, Dennis would feel very different. The world would become monochrome, like an old movie in HD. The man of earth would disappear, as would the walls of concrete, and he would lose the pain that he had felt moments ago. His stomach, liver, and abdomen were completely healed. If he stood up, and went into the street, he would find the world the same as it was, except no people were there. Not even a single bird, insect, dog, anything, no life at all.

|Coffee Shop|
The coffee mug smashed against the side of the coffee machine, serving to do little more than make a smashing sound. What would happen would be that the coffee machine would release her, and then draw back, only to come back at her. Set on its path, nothing could deter it, smashing through chairs and tables towards her. A slight whooshing sound behind her alerted her to what seemed to be some kind of portal, its exit pointing towards the sky.

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Mekhan Inc.|
As the wrench seems to suddenly shoot through the air at incredible speed, her mind is sent reeling in both confusion and attempts to find a logical explanation. Monkey wrench... made entirely out of solid metal. Thus, extremely heavy. That shouldn't have happened... Then again, I'm currently up against a weird, faceless woman. Okay, now I KNOW something's wrong.

Now aware of her new advantage, Esaias doesn't spare any time before quickly ripping her hammer off her belt and tossing it at the woman, proceeding to do so with the rest of her tools that she happens to have. Almost like a ghetto hailstorm of bullets that each have some different effect - some blunt force trauma like the hammer and wrench, and some acting much like normal bullets, like the screwdriver.

Last edited:

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
|Blaze Research Centre; Street; Blaze Residence|

Tyler felt like he'd eaten mud...
He left the lab, slowly going home by the walls of the flats around the road. He fell a couple times, coughing incontrollably and then managing to continue walking.
"I must get home... I can't... what even IS this thing?!"
He walked along the street, not noticing anyone outside. Strange, considering what time it was. Everything went suddenly blurry as he felt like an anvil was about to smash his head. Tyler then heard a familiar voice and looked up to see Cole, one of his best workers.
"Aghh... Cole... Glad to see someone trustful."
"Are you all right, sir?"
"I-i don't really know... I must get home. I feel like i'm dying."
"Should i take you to the hospital?"
"I'll be fine... Just... Need some rest..."
Cole carefully grabbed Ty under his arm and taken him to a shiny black car, parked right beside them. It was clear Cole jumped to help his best friend in need. He took him home and stayed by as he put Tyler in his bed and watching over him from a chair 3m away.

OOC: there! Sorry, my battery is dying so i was like Hurry!!!

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|The Shop|​

The man followed Simon, crashing through the shelves of items, throwing aside stands in his way to Simon. Ripping the door off its hinges, he threw it at him, full-force.
But what happened next would seem inexplicable. The door would change trajectories, and fly off to Simon's right, smashing into a cupboard beside him, showering splinters at it was decimated.
Staring at Simon, the man stood stock-still. He then walked away, after having nodded in James' direction, the bell ringing as he walked out the door and back onto the street.

(OOC:Tord I said two bloody paragraphs not four lines)

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Mekhan Inc.|
Her mind races as she suddenly seems to be falling backwards. Time seems to almost stop as her bloodstream floods with adrenaline. Am... am I dead? Is this how it feels to die? It'd make sense... your brain shuts off entirely, so why simulate the world anymore? And your spirit falls out of your body... is it just empty space? Wow. I wonder if - And then, as she suddenly ends up on the floor, looking upwards at the ceiling in the corridor outside her work area, her mind practically crashes into a brick wall, ending the very small philosophical journey. Esaias slowly manages her way up onto her feet, and rubs her forehead. "Ugh... what just happened?" She gazes around to see that, as before, the area is devoid of people.

Oh crap, what if I'm having hallucinations? Ohhh boy. Now we're cooking with gas. I better go ask Mekhan for a temporary leave of absence before it gets any worse. Seriously, stark white, faceless women that can summon explosions at will? No WAY that wasn't a hallucination. And with that, she immediately heads off to the nearest elevator to check out for the day. Hopefully, Mekhan would understand - after all, she needed to be in tip-top shape if she wanted to rethink that entire invention - and hallucinating her entire progress wouldn't be much of a help.