Parahumans: the First Dawn

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|The Streets|

Ah, screw it. It hurt, but goddamnit, it could wait. I wanted to see what the fuzz was about. The day could be something different for once. It only depended on me.

I ran towards the crouching Sarah, noticing she was trying not to be caught, and slowly crouched besides her, trying not to bring too much attention to ourselves, before whispering:

"Uhm, hello, I'm Simon - I work on the convenience store a few meters from here, and have lunch at the coffee shop you work in - and I wanted to know what hell is going on in here, because it's the second time something unusual happened to me today, and it seems like something unusual is happening to you too."

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
-snip-
|Streets|

Dennis' environment would once again change, people appearing around him, colour returning to the world. Had he looked at the alley, he would have seen the concrete barriers returned, and a coffee machine flying out from it, crashing down again with a loud bang.
Directly in front of him, a young man ran straight into him, making the two topple.

|James Wilson|
|Streets|
Jack's running was all of a sudden interrupted, as a young adult boy appeared right in front of him, and he ran straight into him, making the two topple.
"The fuck? What... oh, oh no."
Looking like he'd seen a ghost, Jack stared at the boy.
"You're the one she was talking about. You have to come with me." Jack said, grabbing his arm and pulling him up.
"Just follow me - you'll just have to trust me on this. Please."
With that, he grabbed the boy by the arm, and led him into another alley.

|Dennis|
|Streets|

The world regained it's color, it's people, and it's sounds. I was snapped out of my introspective thoughts, and snapped back into the real world. I was quite a distance from the original alley that this point, but even so, I could hear a commotion back the way I had come.

I had less than a second to process all of this before I ran straight into some random bloke in the street. We both fell over, and as he saw me, his eyes widened in recognition.

I was dizzy, so I didn't hear what he said, but before I knew it, he was pulling me towards another alley. And I would be damned if I was going into another one of those things, so soon after what I presumed was a near-death experience.

Wrenching away in panic, I turned to run away, pulling up my hood as I did so, and started to run away, but tripped. Over yet another rock.

Some days I have the worst of luck.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019

|Abandoned warehouse|
Jason's arm began to twitch, involuntarily. Like a charge was being put through him, it began to spasm, bending back and forth, almost overextending at points. This began to spread to the rest of his body, and on the ground, he was a spasmodic wreck, shaking and drooling, until suddenly, he stopped.
"Jason! Jason, what... what's happening? Jason!" His girlfriend wailed, helpless in the face of this attack.
Without him even asking his body to, he rose up, and stood. Of its own volition, it went over to the PCs, and placed his hand on one of them. The tower he was touching began to mangle, crush and become small, before then growing larger again, but in an entirely different form.
That which was formed was a quadrupedal, made of mangled wires, pieces of metal, and plastic. It was little more than four legs, about a feet long each, and a small disc-shaped body, the size of a hard disk, roughly.
It leaped at Jason's girlfriend, trying to latch onto her face.

|Jason|
|Abandoned Warehouse|

Suddenly Marco was there pulling Brittany away. ”Run!" Jason screamed at his friends. Jason ran from the weird spider creature thing. Seeing a pipe that had broken off of the ceiling a few weeks ago he scooped it up. Suddenly with out realizing it he had come to a wall and was corned. So he turned to fight swinging the pipe with all the strength he could muster at the body of the creature.

Last edited:

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
[Alley]
"Shhh, keep it down. Name's Sarah, nice to see more people caught up in this mess." She said sarcastically, pulling Simon lower, as the top of his head was poking over the dumpster. Looking around, she spotted that the pair of people in the alley hadn't seen them yet, and she breathed a sigh of relief. Being caught sneaking around was not fun.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Jack Porter|
|Street|​
As the boy ran off into the empty street, he tripped over. That was lucky, but he still needed him to come with him.
"No! Please, just come with me! I can explain! I just... need somewhere quiet to explain it all. You have to believe me!"
As he said this, he ran over to where the guy had landed. The poor sod had tripped on a rock, toppling to the ground.

Reactions: Qazplm601

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon Hideyoshi|
|Street|

"Great, now two people have to go the hospital!"

I was being sarcastic again. Heavens. That sort of stuff never ends well with me. Still, couldn't let the guy bleed to death or something. Not when I had myself nearly dodged death, you could say. More like death decided I wasn't worth it and the door just said "fuck it, I quit!", so I got myself up from behind the dumpster.

"What's going on with the lad over there? He doesn't seem alright, and frankly, neither does you. You're pale as a ghost!... I really can't say anything, in those regards, can I? Still, if you need any help, I'd be happy to oblige, and Sarah over there probably wouldn't mind figuring out what the hell is going on with everyone today."

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Warehouse|​
@pc_assassin
The creature's body was crushed underneath the pipe, almost split in two. Its circuits were now too damaged to function, and it shut down.

|Streets|​
As Jack pleaded with the boy to follow him, out of the ground came one of the people that had been attacking them that day - this time, the concrete man, though this time made from asphalt.
"Oh, shit... Come on! We have to move!"
Jack literally dragged the boy into the alley, where there were others.
"Give me a hand! We need to get away from this... thing, let's MOVE!"

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
|Warehouse|​
@pc_assassin
The creature's body was crushed underneath the pipe, almost split in two. Its circuits were now too damaged to function, and it shut down.

|Jason|
|Abandoned warehouse|
”Fuck what the hell was that thing" Kyle said as he walked through the main door. "I have no idea" Jason replied as he moved away from the mutilated corpse that once was one of his beloved computers. "You scared us all pretty bad back there what happened to you" Kyle asked with a hint of fear. "I have no idea" Jason replied then sank to the floor wearily. "Come on man we need to get you to a doctor" so the two friends set out for the closest hospital.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Alleyway|

"Oh, great, first freaking Ghost Rider and now this. What else, possesed coffee machines?"

I picked up the unconcious guy by his wrists, trying to make sure I didn't lose my grasp, and looked towards the closest hospital, before turning to Sarah and the boy who wanted help carrying knock-out over there with a sarcastic grin on my face:

"Guess we're going towards the hospital. You guys ever pulled a rickshaw?"

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Alleyway|

"Uh... no. And he doesn't need a hospital, it's just a small knock. Not even bl-"

Jack was cut off as they were all thrown over by the ground shaking. He dropped the boy, but made sure he didn't let him hurt himself again, letting him land on his arm.
Looking back, Jack saw the source of it - the now-asphalt man had smashed his fists against the ground, which had caused the effect.
"Shit... All of you, stay back! Get him to safety!"
Jack thrusted his hand forwards, and from it came a rippling in the air, which made a loud crack in their air as it contacted with the man, throwing him back slightly, the force of it breaking a small part of the tarmac body.
He did this again, using both hand, sending waves and waves of strong vacuums, but when the man planted his feet, he stopped moving, and the damage was minimal.
"Move, I've got this!

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
|Mekhan Inc.|
As the wrench seems to suddenly shoot through the air at incredible speed, her mind is sent reeling in both confusion and attempts to find a logical explanation. Monkey wrench... made entirely out of solid metal. Thus, extremely heavy. That shouldn't have happened... Then again, I'm currently up against a weird, faceless woman. Okay, now I KNOW something's wrong.

Now aware of her new advantage, Esaias doesn't spare any time before quickly ripping her hammer off her belt and tossing it at the woman, proceeding to do so with the rest of her tools that she happens to have. Almost like a ghetto hailstorm of bullets that each have some different effect - some blunt force trauma like the hammer and wrench, and some acting much like normal bullets, like the screwdriver.
The Tools barely went faster than if she had thrown them normally, and half didn't reach the woman, though those that did were also stopped by her deflecting them with explosions.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Mekhan Inc.|
This only made her even more confused as she starts backing away from the figure to give herself more time to think and how to utilize her strange advantage. What the... okay, that's weird. Maybe it only works on heavier things? No, then the hammer would've gone pretty fast too. Think, Esaias! You've only got so much time before... she, I guess, gets you. Uh... perhaps it's energy build-up...? But that's not how the body works at all! Oh well, it's worth a shot. Only so many explanations for this! Quickly, she snatches one of the gears lying around, and swings her arm back behind her head like she's about to throw it, but holds it there for several seconds as she continues to back up, and just as her back hits the wall, eeks audibly and tosses the gear as hard as possible.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
|Dennis|
|Streets|

"Oh hell."

This day was too stressful. I had nearly died, and even though now I understood that this guy was trying to help me, I couldn't care less.

I had been beaten bloody, and now magic shit was flying through the air. I was ninety percent sure that I had died, but here I was, with no more injury than a gash in my forehead.

My vision went grey again, but this time, I knew I wasn't phasing out of the world.
I fainted.

The last thought through my head was "why the hell is his voice red..."

Perhaps my timing could have been better.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Alleyway|

"If you don't have a better way of dealing with the guy who's repeatdly fainting and the asphalt monster, I suggest you guys follow me!", and Simon starts running with the unconcious man still in his grasp.

"Just try not to let him go, I don't wanna be responsible for brain damage!"

Goddamnit, Simon, why do you have to be so dorky all the time?

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
[Alleyway]
Helping Simon Grab the man, Sarah starts to run, looking behind her at the rapidly disappearing melee between the monster and the other man.
"What the holy balls was that?!?" She gasped, stopping for breath and looking at Simon, who was panting heavily.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Streets, approaching Hospital|

"No idea, but I have the feeling that it wasn't the first time that a paranormal event happened to this guy, and I'm sure it's not the first time it's happened to me. Gonna take an educated guess and say that you're also involved with the paranormal shit that's been going on, right? I mean, a guy threw a door at me, and the door just sort of dodged me."

Panting heavily, I could only think about how all that had been going on was batshit insane, and if this girl had also been involved with just about everything unusual about today, then we had something in our hands. Taking a quick glance at their "patient", Simon spew out a few words to try and lighten up the mood:

"Guess this guy's problem isn't low blood pressure, or lack of sugar in his blood."

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
[Street near hospital]
"You don't say, lets drag his ass to the hospital, don't want someone dying on me. You don't say about this weird stuff. Getting attacked by several pieces of crockery and a coffee machine isn’t exactly normal.Only managed to escape thanks to some weird portal which threw me out onto the street. I agree with you about that guy, he seemed far too calm for someone in his situation and the air ripples, not normal."

This day was going really badly, getting attention drawn to yourself is never good, and being spotted by someone you've robbed and getting recognised? Even worse. Hopeful we can just drag this guy to the hospital and leave, don't want to get caught up in this mess, she thought.

"Lets keep moving, he's getting worse"

Reactions: xTordX

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Hospital|

Rushing as soon as I crossed the hospital's emergency section door's, I placed the unconcious guy in a wheelchair, looked to Sarah, trying to express some sort of authority and trying to keep some sort of control of the situation.

Which, of course, I was probably failing to.

"Don't go anywhere. I'm gonna try to explain the situation, I don't know, I'm just gonna say a friend of mine fainted while we were walking. That should do it."

I walked towards the attendant, trying to keep myself calm. This was a horribly weird situation and it seemingly wasn't happening with only me. Sarah was attacked by this freakish coffee machine, and the dude back at the alleyway caused the air to ripple from his hands while he fought an asphalt monster. And then there was the whole Ghost Rider incident.

Damn, shit just wasn't going well today, was it?

"Uhm, sorry, I was walking around with a few friends of mine, and one of them fainted all of a sudden, and beat his head on a rock. Any idea of how soon will we be able to see if he's alright or anything?", said I to the attendant, pointing to Sarah and the guy in the wheelchair.

Hopefully stuff wouldn't go too weird this time.

Hopefully.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
|Dennis|
|Hospital|

I woke up with a massive headache, sitting in a wheelchair. I heard voices

"...lright or anything?" said a voice behind me.

I was in a wheelchair. And in a hospital. I opened my eyes and saw a nurse in front of me. She was kind of cute.

"Welp, this isn't the first time I've ended up in a hospital," I said. "Somebody must have drugged me, because I've been having the weirdest dreams. I swear to god a concrete guy straight from the Fantastic 4 shattered my ribcage."

"Yep," I said, "Must be drugs."

And then I tried to go back to sleep. After a second, I opened an eye, and looked up at the guy pushing my wheelchair.

"Please tell me it was drugs," I whispered.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Hospital|

"If you're a junkie then I'm one too, and I think that out of all things one could say about me, junkie isn't one of them. To put it simply, weird shit has been happening, including Ghost Rider throwing a door at me and the door deciding to dodge me, Sarah getting attacked by a malfunctioning coffee machine of doom, and a lot of other stuff. I'll try to get us a few minutes alone so I can explain to you."

I turned to the nurse ahead of us, who was pretty good on the eyes and spit the question:
"Uhm, sorry, my mate here wants to drink some water, he says his head is spinning again."

As soon as she turned her back, I lowered my head and whispered in his ear:
"Just go with the plan, it'll have to be necessary if we want to figure out what the fuck is going on."