Parahumans: the First Dawn

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

She couldn't help but smile at him, gripping his hand happily and lying her head on his shoulder as they walk down the street. "Heh. I haven't really met anybody that understood me like this before... so I'm sorry if I seem a bit nervous or lovey-dovey..." Her thoughts turned onto how this relationship could blossom, or turn out rather horribly. She could accidentally push him too far one day, and he would get angry at her... or maybe they would never fight, and everything would be fine. Of course, that was all uncertain, and she didn't really have the authority to guess. So many possibilities...

As they start to make their approach on Heatherside Garden, she starts to glance around for the place he spoke of. Meanwhile, she wondered to herself what kind of food they served. Hopefully something good - though she never really ate, she had a surprisingly specific palette. "I imagine you're rather interested in music, judging by the piano you mentioned?"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

She couldn't help but smile at him, gripping his hand happily and lying her head on his shoulder as they walk down the street. "Heh. I haven't really met anybody that understood me like this before... so I'm sorry if I seem a bit nervous or lovey-dovey..." Her thoughts turned onto how this relationship could blossom, or turn out rather horribly. She could accidentally push him too far one day, and he would get angry at her... or maybe they would never fight, and everything would be fine. Of course, that was all uncertain, and she didn't really have the authority to guess. So many possibilities...

As they start to make their approach on Heatherside Garden, she starts to glance around for the place he spoke of. Meanwhile, she wondered to herself what kind of food they served. Hopefully something good - though she never really ate, she had a surprisingly specific palette. "I imagine you're rather interested in music, judging by the piano you mentioned?"

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

I couldn't help but to chuckle to her words -- how all of this worked out so well intrigues me deeply, but as I mentioned countless times before, the majority of myself simply allowed itself not to care.

-"It's not like I mind, really" -I kiss her in the forehead- "It's not I'm acting any different" -I smiled.
My piano -- It's almost unnatural how much I love that seemingly meaningless object. The sound it produces is nothing short of celestial, I'll never find another word to describe it more accurately. It's the most pure instrument ever created, I'm sure of it -- and it's the one thing I posses, that I can be deeply, profoundly, undoubtedly be proud of, and it's the one thing in this entire planet that I can display to the world without feeling ashamed of labeling as mine. It's unique, in it's own beautifully crafted way. I sighed. My mind was so full of thoughts, that I nearly forgot to answer her question.

-"Ye-p" -I shake my head accordingly, to the sound of the syllables- "It's basically one of my two favorite things in this entire world -- writing being the other one" -I stop talking, analyzing what I've just said, sighing shortly after- "Boring. I know".

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

A blush quickly starts appearing on her face as he kisses her on the forehead, and she barely resists the urge to smile, yet still showing a small one as she quietly giggles to herself, both in happiness and slight embarrassment. She readjusts her hood and backpack, listening to him intently. She was a little disappointed that she wasn't on that list yet, but she would get there someday. Hopefully.

"Oh, it's not boring at all. Trust me, if you looked at me, I'd probably be more boring than most people. While I am the smart girl who invents a lot of things, other than inventing, my life is... well, pretty much nothing. I don't go out to eat, I don't make many friends... heck, I didn't even go into college. And now that I have this new power, I feel like I've been made out to be a lot more special than I really am."

Esaias shifts a bit uneasily for a moment, unsure of how to continue that rain of thought. Heck, it didn't even segway anywhere. Hopefully they found that diner soon - she felt a bit vulnerable outside, even with him, due to the deliverers and all. Slowly, though, she starts humming softly to herself again, almost uncontrollably as an instinct. She couldn't help it much - the music she saw when she looked around at the world was incredibly intoxicating at times.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

A blush quickly starts appearing on her face as he kisses her on the forehead, and she barely resists the urge to smile, yet still showing a small one as she quietly giggles to herself, both in happiness and slight embarrassment. She readjusts her hood and backpack, listening to him intently. She was a little disappointed that she wasn't on that list yet, but she would get there someday. Hopefully.

"Oh, it's not boring at all. Trust me, if you looked at me, I'd probably be more boring than most people. While I am the smart girl who invents a lot of things, other than inventing, my life is... well, pretty much nothing. I don't go out to eat, I don't make many friends... heck, I didn't even go into college. And now that I have this new power, I feel like I've been made out to be a lot more special than I really am."

Esaias shifts a bit uneasily for a moment, unsure of how to continue that rain of thought. Heck, it didn't even segway anywhere. Hopefully they found that diner soon - she felt a bit vulnerable outside, even with him, due to the deliverers and all. Slowly, though, she starts humming softly to herself again, almost uncontrollably as an instinct. She couldn't help it much - the music she saw when she looked around at the world was incredibly intoxicating at times.

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

Doesn't go out much, doesn't make many friends, didn't went to college, it's almost ridiculous how these similarities between us just kept constantly showing up like this. Similarly, I couldn't recall the last time I felt this confident, this open-endedly significant -- humanity sometimes overlooks how badly these little seemingly insignificant changes endure even more similarly insignificant feelings, and honestly, I don't know if I can blame 'em. One, one bad, ostensibly traumatic experience is more than enough to blind someone for the entirety of their lives, and believe me, I say this by experience, there aren't many folks out there in this supposedly big world which are up to the task of reverting it. I paused for a few seconds, I hate how my mind is so easily distracted by these types of thoughts -- I sighed, scratching the back of my head.

-"Hm -- you know, I always had this theory..." -Here we go- "That if it doesn't hurt you or anyone around you, and if by the end of the day, that one thing makes you smile, you shouldn't worry -- whatever that may be, it's right. You may regret it, you have the right to -- after all, we aren't perfect. But at the end of everything, when you come to your senses that it's not the amount of money you made nor the amount of companies you had but the smiles you smiled, you'll finally realize what moments really were important, and that one thing that made you share that one smile that one day might just be one of them." -I may or may not be reading too many philosophy books lately.
Uh-um, yep, certainly if she still hadn't realized you were a loser until now, this may have been the breaking point. I'll stand for it though -- I'd never say something like this if I didn't strongly believe in it. As my grandpa used to say: "Humans are composed of principles, and by them, they should stand." What else would you expect to hear from a man who's only entertainment are books? He was very wise, though very stubborn. I glance at her, with an awkward smile on my face.

-"You wouldn't believe the amount of these little theories someone with too much time on their hands can create..." -I chuckled lightly.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

Listening intently, his little rant on his own theory started to spark her own thoughts, a small smile growing on her face as time passed. Indeed, for most of her life, even after her parents died, she had tried to make people smile. Not just because she wanted them to value their happiness while they still had it, but also because it felt good making that kind of difference. Though some people didn't want to be cheered up, she tried anyway, and if it didn't work after a few attempts, she at least felt good about trying. After all, only so much effort you can put into one thing at a time. Eventually, she got good enough to even make those people smile. Those were the good days, back in her hometown when everyone knew her for her inventions and drawing people from parts unknown.

And even if those days were better than the ones she spent here in London, working for Mekhan, she didn't regret the choice. She made her mark there, and definitely left a good impression. They were at the point where the cycle would support itself for a while - she wasn't worried. Her thoughts turn to him as she realizes that he must've gone through something similar to her if he had this much to say about it, like she did. And while it did comfort her somebody else knew how she felt, the kind of feeling she had experienced was something she would wish upon no-one. A small frown comes on her face, just for a moment, before she looks back to the ground.

"Heh. That might be the cheesiest speech I've ever heard... but even if you didn't mean for it to come out that way, I know what you mean." Esaias looks up at him and smiles warmly. "Every second I spend inventing is a second I spend thinking to myself. About life... about philosophy... about emotions. How it all fits together. My inventions are songs, and my songs are keys to the lessons. Which, I suppose, inspires the function of the device in the first place..." She chuckles softly before returning her view to the ground, and she ravels her fingers between his as they hold hands. "I've learned a lot more in my time than most people probably will in their life, just because I'm so lonely... and yet while I'm content with being lonely, I have the craving for a relationship with somebody." Slowly, she lies her head on his shoulder. "Most people, when they look for something in someone, look for particular things they like. He needs to be tall, handsome... all these selfish things that only appeal to themselves. But one day, when I was visiting a hospital to get some inspiration, I watched an activity for those of which had been placed there for suicidal reasons. They had them write down a list of qualities they'd like in someone they were looking for.

Then, they had them cross out all the ones that they, themselves, didn't have... I was surprised how many things they had to cross out. To be honest, since I was a kid, I had always looked for someone who was like me... cause I knew we would understand each other the best, and love each other the most." Esaias leans up and kisses him on the cheek, placing her head back on his shoulder and closing her eyes. "Heh, I bet you know how hard that is for someone like us..."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

Listening intently, his little rant on his own theory started to spark her own thoughts, a small smile growing on her face as time passed. Indeed, for most of her life, even after her parents died, she had tried to make people smile. Not just because she wanted them to value their happiness while they still had it, but also because it felt good making that kind of difference. Though some people didn't want to be cheered up, she tried anyway, and if it didn't work after a few attempts, she at least felt good about trying. After all, only so much effort you can put into one thing at a time. Eventually, she got good enough to even make those people smile. Those were the good days, back in her hometown when everyone knew her for her inventions and drawing people from parts unknown.

And even if those days were better than the ones she spent here in London, working for Mekhan, she didn't regret the choice. She made her mark there, and definitely left a good impression. They were at the point where the cycle would support itself for a while - she wasn't worried. Her thoughts turn to him as she realizes that he must've gone through something similar to her if he had this much to say about it, like she did. And while it did comfort her somebody else knew how she felt, the kind of feeling she had experienced was something she would wish upon no-one. A small frown comes on her face, just for a moment, before she looks back to the ground.

"Heh. That might be the cheesiest speech I've ever heard... but even if you didn't mean for it to come out that way, I know what you mean." Esaias looks up at him and smiles warmly. "Every second I spend inventing is a second I spend thinking to myself. About life... about philosophy... about emotions. How it all fits together. My inventions are songs, and my songs are keys to the lessons. Which, I suppose, inspires the function of the device in the first place..." She chuckles softly before returning her view to the ground, and she ravels her fingers between his as they hold hands. "I've learned a lot more in my time than most people probably will in their life, just because I'm so lonely... and yet while I'm content with being lonely, I have the craving for a relationship with somebody." Slowly, she lies her head on his shoulder. "Most people, when they look for something in someone, look for particular things they like. He needs to be tall, handsome... all these selfish things that only appeal to themselves. But one day, when I was visiting a hospital to get some inspiration, I watched an activity for those of which had been placed there for suicidal reasons. They had them write down a list of qualities they'd like in someone they were looking for.

Then, they had them cross out all the ones that they, themselves, didn't have... I was surprised how many things they had to cross out. To be honest, since I was a kid, I had always looked for someone who was like me... cause I knew we would understand each other the best, and love each other the most." Esaias leans up and kisses him on the cheek, placing her head back on his shoulder and closing her eyes. "Heh, I bet you know how hard that is for someone like us..."

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|
|OCC: It just downed on me right now that I totally forgot to mention that Christopher actually picked up his bag before leaving the hospital, I apologize for that -- just pretend I did, alright?|

I couldn't help but to just let my smile grow, drowning in empathy. Silence rained down on us, and I think that for the first time in my life, it didn't feel awkward, much the contrary, in fact -- it felt really, really relaxing. That, plus the orange tainted sky made the atmosphere at the given moment as perfect as it could've been. After a few seconds, just contemplating the feeling, I smiled, and said quietly, in an almost sleepy-like voice:

-"Someone like us..." -I chuckled- "What do you mean, someone like us?" -I glanced at her with a light smile.​

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

She glances at him and smiles happily, grasping his hand a bit more tightly. Though she had just poured out her feelings to him, she still couldn't help smiling, both in happiness and comfort. "I mean... we both wear masks. And... if you really know as much as I do about this sort of thing, then I'd say it's safe to assume that..." Slowly, a blush grows on her cheeks as she realizes both how awkward this could sound, and how much it could offend him. Please don't offend him. "...well, we've both been through tragedies is what I meant to say... sorry..."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

She glances at him and smiles happily, grasping his hand a bit more tightly. Though she had just poured out her feelings to him, she still couldn't help smiling, both in happiness and comfort. "I mean... we both wear masks. And... if you really know as much as I do about this sort of thing, then I'd say it's safe to assume that..." Slowly, a blush grows on her cheeks as she realizes both how awkward this could sound, and how much it could offend him. Please don't offend him. "...well, we've both been through tragedies is what I meant to say... sorry..."

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

Open like a book, ain't ya', mister Watson? Angling my head, I sighed, releasing a smile slightly after.

-"There nothing to be sorry for." -I closed my eyes for a few seconds- "It's not like you're wrong, anyways."
We do tend to hint these things, don't we? Even involuntarily, the mask cracks, and there's not much we can do about it -- it's not like it even matters really, it's what behind the mask we should be worried about. Scars, scars, scars, it come to a point where even ourselves can't get used to them.

-"If you are interested to know, just say -- I really don't even mind, at this point".
My smile, my expression, what I was feeling -- everything was the same. Though, I don't know what, but something in my voice changed. I can't quite identify it myself. It's not really something worth being worried over, though, that I can assure.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

She shakes her head for a moment in denial as she moves closer to him, both trying to comfort him, and trying to comfort herself, as her anxiety starts to become a lot more clear in her actions. She just offended him, didn't she? Now everything's going to go wrong and he's not going to like her and they won't be a couple... no, stop, calm down Esa. She takes a small breath to calm herself before closing her eyes and waiting a few moments for the thoughts to disperse before answering him.

"No... I'd rather not head down that road by my own hand. I'd rather hear it when you, personally, feel like you're ready to tell me, not when I feel like it." Esaias smiles at him warmly, and readjusts her hand just slightly for a moment, happily holding his. Barely saved that. Still though, it was true - the only reason she told him any of her story was because he accidentally managed to make her have a breakdown. It either happens that way, or when the person is comfortable enough to talk. Heaven knows that the latter would like to happen more often...

"You can talk to me about anything. Just remember that. I mean, not like I have other friends to spread that kind of information to." She chuckles lightly before gazing around curiously. "So where was that place you were talking about?"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

She shakes her head for a moment in denial as she moves closer to him, both trying to comfort him, and trying to comfort herself, as her anxiety starts to become a lot more clear in her actions. She just offended him, didn't she? Now everything's going to go wrong and he's not going to like her and they won't be a couple... no, stop, calm down Esa. She takes a small breath to calm herself before closing her eyes and waiting a few moments for the thoughts to disperse before answering him.

"No... I'd rather not head down that road by my own hand. I'd rather hear it when you, personally, feel like you're ready to tell me, not when I feel like it." Esaias smiles at him warmly, and readjusts her hand just slightly for a moment, happily holding his. Barely saved that. Still though, it was true - the only reason she told him any of her story was because he accidentally managed to make her have a breakdown. It either happens that way, or when the person is comfortable enough to talk. Heaven knows that the latter would like to happen more often...

"You can talk to me about anything. Just remember that. I mean, not like I have other friends to spread that kind of information to." She chuckles lightly before gazing around curiously. "So where was that place you were talking about?"

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

Listening to her words, I intentionally tried remaining reactionless - honestly enough, I don't think I would mind telling her. Psychology books do often say that "taking things out of your chest" are a good exercise for introverted people trying to overcome their shyness. "Maybe another time", I though to myself, shaking my head just briefly, I look around me, analyzing our surrounds carefully before answering.

-"It should be..." -I paused for a few seconds- "Right there!" -Look at that, perfect timing.
I pointed towards the end of the nearly empty street, which hosted a blueish, almost celeste wooden averaged sized, cabin-like building, which didn't appear to be too crowded, if not completely empty. The building, alternated between the previously mentioned celeste, and a snow-like white, which filled it's borders and roof with just a slight more contrast -- the windows hosted flowers of various types and colors, doing justice to it's name. The front entrance, held by an slightly lifted foundation, which also held flowers, was scouted by a fancy dressed middle-aged man, which, once we proceeded to walk towards him, greeted us with a very polite introduction -- leading us to our table.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

The particular style of decor didn't suit her tastes too much, but then again, she was an inventor who stayed inside all day and worked with modern technology. Something old and wooden like this wouldn't appeal to her anyway, even if she was a romantic - which she wasn't. The stunning lack of people also set her comfort askew, and she shifted uncomfortably a little as they entered. Though, she didn't want to disappoint Watson, and ended up keeping her slight disappointment to herself.

As she sits down at the table, she smiles at him as he takes his seat. She was sure it would be fine - if Watson had been here before, it would quite hopefully be good food. Then, she turns her attention to the waiter. "I'll have a glass of water to start, thanks." Though she did love soft drinks, sometimes it just felt nice to go for something refreshing rather than flavored. You can only have so much of both at the same time, after all.

"So what kind of food do they even do here? I honestly normally wouldn't ask, but..." Esaias gestures around them a little. "...well, the decor doesn't exactly give much of a hint." She chuckles softly as she attempts to hide her nervousness. Boy, with how inactive this restaurant is, you'd think the waiter would be a murderer of some kind...

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

The particular style of decor didn't suit her tastes too much, but then again, she was an inventor who stayed inside all day and worked with modern technology. Something old and wooden like this wouldn't appeal to her anyway, even if she was a romantic - which she wasn't. The stunning lack of people also set her comfort askew, and she shifted uncomfortably a little as they entered. Though, she didn't want to disappoint Watson, and ended up keeping her slight disappointment to herself.

As she sits down at the table, she smiles at him as he takes his seat. She was sure it would be fine - if Watson had been here before, it would quite hopefully be good food. Then, she turns her attention to the waiter. "I'll have a glass of water to start, thanks." Though she did love soft drinks, sometimes it just felt nice to go for something refreshing rather than flavored. You can only have so much of both at the same time, after all.

"So what kind of food do they even do here? I honestly normally wouldn't ask, but..." Esaias gestures around them a little. "...well, the decor doesn't exactly give much of a hint." She chuckles softly as she attempts to hide her nervousness. Boy, with how inactive this restaurant is, you'd think the waiter would be a murderer of some kind...

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

-"Don't mind the looks, they don't appeal to me either." -She may be smart, but when it comes to hiding her emotions, she's pretty much an open book, which it's quite adorable, in fact- "They aren't known for their great skill in choosing matching color pallets, after all" -I chuckled- "Their food, at the other hand" -I raised the menu to my eyes' height- "They have a bit of everything, really. So, choose away! Pretty much everything they serve is good, but I would recommend the ribs, if you're not vegan or anything, that is..." -I peeked at her, through over the menu.​

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

A blush comes onto her face as she realizes that she was pretty much an open book to him, so there wasn't much point in hiding emotion. Still, it was pretty much a built-in instinct at this point, so it's not like she could ignore it. She picks up the menu and opens it up, both to cover the patches of red on her cheeks, and to look at her options, chuckling softly as she goes through all the options. "Depends on what you define as a vegan. Honestly, I've got a strange palette compared to some people, but I particularly like meat. Good in protein, tastes delicious when cooked right... but it's easy to screw up and pretty fattening, so I can see why vegans exist. I honestly think that I'll probably go for ribs, since you recommended it, and a small salad to even it out."

Esaias folds up the menu and sets it to the side before clasping her hands together and setting them down on the table. She wasn't one who moved her hands much, that much pretty much anybody could tell, but there were always those slight reflexes and twitches that she had when she was thinking. Her mind curiously starts to drift on the music that she sees when she looks at him. It was almost impossible to discern, but slowly, she starting playing it from back to end over and over again, slowly piecing new parts onto the end as she decoded it. Her finger tapped to the rhythm unconsciously as she starts to zone out and just focus on the music.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
|Glade|
|Simon's Apartment|

My heart races as I watch the possessed people. Is this what my life is going to become...moment after moment attacks...with brief interludes of good times? I guess it isn't so bad, I mean I was never happy before this. As these thoughts race through my head I immediately take action. I throw a punch as quickly as my body allows toward Martin hoping that my powers are still there.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Simon|
|Simon's Apartment|

Glade decided to punch Martin. Shit. That was not good. Not good at all.

Remember what you learned.

Minimize casualties. Negate the attackers. Approach quickly, stay slowly, retreat quickly.

"No, they're my roommates! Don't hurt them! You're perfectly capable of fucking up their lifes without using your powers, try no using them! Just get away!"

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

A blush comes onto her face as she realizes that she was pretty much an open book to him, so there wasn't much point in hiding emotion. Still, it was pretty much a built-in instinct at this point, so it's not like she could ignore it. She picks up the menu and opens it up, both to cover the patches of red on her cheeks, and to look at her options, chuckling softly as she goes through all the options. "Depends on what you define as a vegan. Honestly, I've got a strange palette compared to some people, but I particularly like meat. Good in protein, tastes delicious when cooked right... but it's easy to screw up and pretty fattening, so I can see why vegans exist. I honestly think that I'll probably go for ribs, since you recommended it, and a small salad to even it out."

Esaias folds up the menu and sets it to the side before clasping her hands together and setting them down on the table. She wasn't one who moved her hands much, that much pretty much anybody could tell, but there were always those slight reflexes and twitches that she had when she was thinking. Her mind curiously starts to drift on the music that she sees when she looks at him. It was almost impossible to discern, but slowly, she starting playing it from back to end over and over again, slowly piecing new parts onto the end as she decoded it. Her finger tapped to the rhythm unconsciously as she starts to zone out and just focus on the music.

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

I chuckled slightly to her response, hiding my face behind the menu again, I said:

-"Well, being the horrible human being I am, I'm probably going to go for the ribs as well, no salad though." -I closed the menu- "Um, waiter?"
I raised my hand, and once the waiter noticed, I began ordering the food as the waiter proceeded to write it down, as I spoke. Once the order was all written down, and the waiter left us, I turned my attention back to her only to notice her tapping some sort of rhythm against the wooden table. I raised my eyebrow, smiling briefly. I don't think she noticed yet she's been staring at me for the last couple of seconds -- she completely zoned out.

-"I hope it sounds good" -I smiled playfully, chuckling briefly.​

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

Though to him it was the timeframe of a few seconds, it was at least the timeframe of a minute or two for her, as she constructs the tune in her mind. Though there were a few notes here and there that seemed out of place, when going from the beginning to the end of the song, they seemed perfectly in place. To her, it was sort of a representation of the small cracks here in there on his mask, or the scars on his face that she couldn't quite spot, but that only made the song that much better, and the familiarity of the emotions that the notes gave her that much stronger.

Then, his statement manages to snap her back into reality, and she realizes that she had been staring at him that entire time. A blush becomes very quickly apparent on her face, and she stammers as she tries to think up an excuse. "Hm? Oh, er... sorry, I was, uh..." Then she sighs in defeat, and smiles at him in return. "Yeah, there's no hiding that one. I've been trying to decode what kind of tune you have. Normally when I look at things, I see it immediately, but people are... well, they're more complicated than that sometimes. Yours is definitely going to take me a while to figure out." Esaias chuckles at him for a moment, shifting into a more comfortable spot in her seat and moving it forward a little. "I can tell it's going to be one heck of a song, though."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

Though to him it was the timeframe of a few seconds, it was at least the timeframe of a minute or two for her, as she constructs the tune in her mind. Though there were a few notes here and there that seemed out of place, when going from the beginning to the end of the song, they seemed perfectly in place. To her, it was sort of a representation of the small cracks here in there on his mask, or the scars on his face that she couldn't quite spot, but that only made the song that much better, and the familiarity of the emotions that the notes gave her that much stronger.

Then, his statement manages to snap her back into reality, and she realizes that she had been staring at him that entire time. A blush becomes very quickly apparent on her face, and she stammers as she tries to think up an excuse. "Hm? Oh, er... sorry, I was, uh..." Then she sighs in defeat, and smiles at him in return. "Yeah, there's no hiding that one. I've been trying to decode what kind of tune you have. Normally when I look at things, I see it immediately, but people are... well, they're more complicated than that sometimes. Yours is definitely going to take me a while to figure out." Esaias chuckles at him for a moment, shifting into a more comfortable spot in her seat and moving it forward a little. "I can tell it's going to be one heck of a song, though."

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

Listening to her words, I wondered -- even living as a musician, I never actually developed such a way of seeing the world, it must be really inspiring, I suppose.

-"I'm glad you like it?" -I said in a confused, playful tone- "Though it's really you doing it all, not me." -I chuckled- "When we get to my place, we can try to take that out of your head -- maybe it write it down, and I'll actually be able to play it! How cool would that be?" -I smiled, angling my head slightly to the right.

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

She gives a playful smile as she turns the thought over a few times in her mind. Getting all that music out of her system... well, that'd certainly be interesting, if not at least a fun, bonding experience. "Sounds like a good idea to me, honestly. Though it might be hard to actually convert it to a playable format... Either way, it'd definitely be an interesting thing to work on." She twiddles her fingers a bit as she waits for the waiter to come by, and at this point, she was trying to decide what instrument would fit best with her songs, just for the sake of ideas, since she couldn't exactly get her hands on an instrument other than a piano that easily.

An acoustic guitar certainly appealed to her if she had to have one, singular instrument, though you have to tune it for every different song you do. That'd certainly take some practice at the very least. As for multiple instruments at once, which would probably be much more fitting for the music she "sees", she'd have to play with the amount of each instrument for a while, that's for certain. Maybe she could invent something that would play all those instruments in harmony with one another via synthesized instrument sounds? That'd be one heck of a project, but it'd definitely be worth it if the outcome was the ability to play a few songs for him - maybe even the one she sees in him once she decodes it...

Boy, I keep getting into these sessions of deep thought, don't I? Let's make more of an attempt to actually pay attention to him.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

She gives a playful smile as she turns the thought over a few times in her mind. Getting all that music out of her system... well, that'd certainly be interesting, if not at least a fun, bonding experience. "Sounds like a good idea to me, honestly. Though it might be hard to actually convert it to a playable format... Either way, it'd definitely be an interesting thing to work on." She twiddles her fingers a bit as she waits for the waiter to come by, and at this point, she was trying to decide what instrument would fit best with her songs, just for the sake of ideas, since she couldn't exactly get her hands on an instrument other than a piano that easily.

An acoustic guitar certainly appealed to her if she had to have one, singular instrument, though you have to tune it for every different song you do. That'd certainly take some practice at the very least. As for multiple instruments at once, which would probably be much more fitting for the music she "sees", she'd have to play with the amount of each instrument for a while, that's for certain. Maybe she could invent something that would play all those instruments in harmony with one another via synthesized instrument sounds? That'd be one heck of a project, but it'd definitely be worth it if the outcome was the ability to play a few songs for him - maybe even the one she sees in him once she decodes it...

Boy, I keep getting into these sessions of deep thought, don't I? Let's make more of an attempt to actually pay attention to him.

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

It's been too long since I've composed anything on that piano, hasn't it? It's been at least three, four months minimum. Inspiration has always been a problem to me, in regards to that. Living such a boring life has it's downsides, believe it or not -- oddly specific downsides, but still. I'm just glad that inspiration won't be a problem anymore, I've found my new source, and she will help - she's already is helping, in fact - an idea or two came to mind when we were on our way here, I'll need to test them out once I get home, maybe I'll accept those offers to play on city hall once I get a couple new songs done, who knows. I smiled.

-"Leave the boring part to me -- you just hum it out, then I'll pretty it up until it turns out how it's playing in that little head of yours" -As I said that, I tapped my head with my finger twice, with a silly smile on my face.​