Parahumans: the First Dawn

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

A small giggle comes from her as his smile grows. Her subconscious was still trying to piece together the music she heard when looking at him, but at the same time, it was almost like she already knew it herself, but just had to remember what the notes were. A definitely ethereal feeling, at the least, but it felt good. Then, she's snapped out of thought as he mentions her features, and her cheeks turn beet red as she pushes a hair back behind her ear and hides behind her hood, just slightly, out of embarrassment, and lets out a small squeak before speaking.

"Eep... y-you think I'm... beautiful?" For a moment, it's almost as if she doesn't believe him, but then she slowly turns back to him. She didn't quite know how to respond, but she could at least try her best. "Well... you're kind, playful, and have just the right amount of awkwardness to match mine..." Esaias giggles softly and smiles wider. "And even if you are antisocial, you're not a loser at all. Heck, you saved me a broken leg. What loser would do that? At the very least, you're an honorable loser, and that's the kind I like."

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
|Restaurant|

The radio shuffles the songs a bit before a collection of Marvin Gaye's greatest hits ensues.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

A small giggle comes from her as his smile grows. Her subconscious was still trying to piece together the music she heard when looking at him, but at the same time, it was almost like she already knew it herself, but just had to remember what the notes were. A definitely ethereal feeling, at the least, but it felt good. Then, she's snapped out of thought as he mentions her features, and her cheeks turn beet red as she pushes a hair back behind her ear and hides behind her hood, just slightly, out of embarrassment, and lets out a small squeak before speaking.

"Eep... y-you think I'm... beautiful?" For a moment, it's almost as if she doesn't believe him, but then she slowly turns back to him. She didn't quite know how to respond, but she could at least try her best. "Well... you're kind, playful, and have just the right amount of awkwardness to match mine..." Esaias giggles softly and smiles wider. "And even if you are antisocial, you're not a loser at all. Heck, you saved me a broken leg. What loser would do that? At the very least, you're an honorable loser, and that's the kind I like."

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

I couldn't help but to chuckle, that reaction was beyond cute. I straightened my back on the chair, pushing it forwards a bit. Testing all my knowledge in romance novels to the limit, I smiled, and raising her chin with my index finger, I said:

-"Beautiful? Hm-um..." -I angled my head sideways, denying, looking back to her afterwards- "I think you're gorgeous".
I remained in the same position, leering her for a few seconds - finally, after her cheeks became as red as they possibly could, I leaned back into the chair, hiding my face with a my right palm, supporting my arm sideways, chuckling to how ridiculous that sounded to me. Now I'm blushing as well.

-"God, I'm terrible at this" -I shook my head- "Not that it isn't true, though".
I remember, after a concert I did in the U.S, in a meet-and-greet sort of thing, I was talking to this woman, probably in her mid 30s, while I was signing a small notebook she handed me, I remember I complemented her dress -- just to not leave the awkward silence hanging for too long, I literally just said: "Nice dress, by the way", and smiled. She chuckled, covered her mouth, and said: "You're quite the charmer, aren't you?", I blushed to the point where I thought my face would melt. It happened more than once, in fact. I don't get it.

|Restaurant|

The radio shuffles the songs a bit before a collection of Marvin Gaye's greatest hits ensues.

I looked over to the radio through my fingers, eyebrow raised.

-"~Reeeeeally?"​

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

Indeed, her cheeks at this point were a deep red to the point where she thought that her nose might start bleeding as she felt the warmth of the blood flowing. Did he really think that she was gorgeous? Well, he didn't look too bad himself, and a bit of her blush goes away. Though, she didn't really feel like hiding it this time, and leaned into his hand a little as his finger was wrapped around her chin. She giggles softly as he ends up blushing himself, and tries to hide it as she did, and smiles in a playful, happy manner, leaning forward and kissing him on the cheek. Did his pulse race like hers did whenever she kissed him? Quite the question.

"Well, I wouldn't say you're /that/ bad at it... after all, you managed to snatch somebody like me, right?" Esaias smirks before she looks over to the radio, and remembers where they were, as well as blushing even more from the tune that comes on. "Ugh... I hate this song. Just makes stuff like this awkward, you know?" She sighs through her nostrils before gazing around more curiously now, and spots Tyler at a table not far from them, and she looks back to Watson with a massive blush on her face, squeaking softly and pulling her hood partially closed out of embarrassment, and nudges subtly in Tyler's direction.

"Eep... psst, Watson. We're being watched..." Esaias nervously holds her hands together underneath the table as her train of thought becomes incredibly awkward and hard to follow. It's like somebody bent the tracks to be all bumpy. "...I hope he didn't hear any of that..."

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
|Restaurant|
|Tyler|
I noticed Esaias found me, so i stood up and went to their table.
"Oh yes, i did. All of it. But you're lucky that <Finders-keepers> works for secrets as well with me. Anyway, it's better if we don't separate since the guys hunting us could do more damage like that. I prepped the -base- if you want to pay a visit."
I said, taking my coat off the chair, throwing it over my shoulder and holding it with two fingers. I then got a piece of paper, wrote an adress and gave it to Chris.
"By the way, nice job on the leg Esaias."
I left with a quick look at Esa and then arrived at the main lab.
(Maybe i'll find some more info about that slime...)

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Restaurant|
|Tyler|
I noticed Esaias found me, so i stood up and went to their table.
"Oh yes, i did. All of it. But you're lucky that <Finders-keepers> works for secrets as well with me. Anyway, it's better if we don't separate since the guys hunting us could do more damage like that. I prepped the -base- if you want to pay a visit."
I said, taking my coat off the chair, throwing it over my shoulder and holding it with two fingers. I then got a piece of paper, wrote an adress and gave it to Chris.
"By the way, nice job on the leg Esaias."
I left with a quick look at Esa and then arrived at the main lab.
(Maybe i'll find some more info about that slime...)

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|

"Gormless bastard". Using the table as a counter-weight, I stand on my feet, grabbing the paper he gave me with anger. My expression was a weird mix of acrimony, and abashment -- I'm pretty sure I was blushing, too. Fist clenched, I watched as he left. There's something about having even the tiniest piece of my privacy defied that irritates me beyond average standards. I sit back down, speechless, in an almost childish way. "I should've seen him coming in, as well", I thought, sighing, "talk about leaving your guard down". I huffed.

-"Sorry, I should've seen him coming in..."​

Last edited:
Reactions: Qazplm601

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

As he walks out, her mind slowly starts to straighten out again, although nervously and uneasily now that their privacy wasn't exactly guaranteed anymore. She grumbles a bit out loud as she watches him leave. In a slight twitch, just for a moment she tries to grab the paper from the table, but as soon as she spots that he was about to do the same thing, places it back down and sighs, letting her hood loosen a little. Her blush was still quite present, even from the shadow that her hood created. "You can say that again..."

Then, as he attempts to apologize, her blush goes to an almost inhuman level, and she smiles softly. "No, there's no need to apologize. Right now, I'm more concerned with you... and whether or not our dinner will actually arrive. We should get it to go at this rate." Esaias smirks and shrugs, before she takes a sharp breath through her nostrils, then exhales. "I swear, though, that was embarrassing... how insensitive of him."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

As he walks out, her mind slowly starts to straighten out again, although nervously and uneasily now that their privacy wasn't exactly guaranteed anymore. She grumbles a bit out loud as she watches him leave. In a slight twitch, just for a moment she tries to grab the paper from the table, but as soon as she spots that he was about to do the same thing, places it back down and sighs, letting her hood loosen a little. Her blush was still quite present, even from the shadow that her hood created. "You can say that again..."

Then, as he attempts to apologize, her blush goes to an almost inhuman level, and she smiles softly. "No, there's no need to apologize. Right now, I'm more concerned with you... and whether or not our dinner will actually arrive. We should get it to go at this rate." Esaias smirks and shrugs, before she takes a sharp breath through her nostrils, then exhales. "I swear, though, that was embarrassing... how insensitive of him."

|Christopher Watson|
|Restaurant|
(OCC: It would be nice if @xTordX told us what address was written in the paper ;))

I couldn't take my mind off of this, I just couldn't shake it off. "He heard all of it, everything, without saying an word. Without even pretending he just came in, greeting us or whatever. He just kept quiet, listening, without caring." I kept storming away in my head, nonstop -- this most definitely is irritating me more than it should. I'm a shy guy, though, I have this right, I suppose. I sighed.

-"That sounds good, I'll go check with the waiter..."
I paused, inhaling slowly. Standing up, I straightened my shirt and I made my over to the counter.

-"Excuse me, waiter?"
I proceeded to explain the situation to the waiter, which understood politely, apologizing for the wait. A few seconds later, he brought me the food, accordingly wrapped in aluminum, sitting in a hard plastic plate to hold everything together. I reached to my bag, for my wallet, more precisely - ultimately handing over the money to the waiter, grabbing the bag with the orders, and going back to the table where Esaias was waiting for me.

-"Shall we?" - I smiled, offering my arm for her to hold onto.​

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

She couldn't help but giggle inwardly to herself with a smile on her face. You'd think that, with how few people there actually were in this place, they'd be able to keep track of orders - but, if the food was as good as Watson had claimed, it would've been well worth the wait. After all, you can't rush perfection - and as an inventor, she would know that more than anyone - other than a musician like Watson, of course. Gladly, she wraps her arm around his. As they walk out, she gazes around curiously. "To your residence, then? We can check in on that lab of his later." She gives him a quick smile, before receding into her own thoughts as they walk along.

Her mind kept going through it over and over. How could somebody be that insensitive? I mean, it wasn't exactly hard to tell that they wanted some privacy, and while she did indeed want to check up on everybody in the group, she wanted to get to know Watson more. After all, it wasn't every day you met someone that was almost like a parallel version of you. Either way, the thought of it was pretty much a sharp, pointed reminder of why she hated people sometimes. So insensitive, and uncaring... he could've been there from the start, and they didn't even notice. He didn't even have the kindness to greet them...

"Bastard..." Esaias says under her breath, before she glances over to Watson. It wasn't that hard to tell that they were thinking the same thing - she was starting to get a feel for his personality and how he reacted to certain emotions. A lot like he was to her, in fact, but she was never much of a people person. Maybe he would be the one to change that? Though her inventions were meant to help people, they were never for the common man. His leg was probably one of the first ones that didn't have that mindset.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Restaurant|

She couldn't help but giggle inwardly to herself with a smile on her face. You'd think that, with how few people there actually were in this place, they'd be able to keep track of orders - but, if the food was as good as Watson had claimed, it would've been well worth the wait. After all, you can't rush perfection - and as an inventor, she would know that more than anyone - other than a musician like Watson, of course. Gladly, she wraps her arm around his. As they walk out, she gazes around curiously. "To your residence, then? We can check in on that lab of his later." She gives him a quick smile, before receding into her own thoughts as they walk along.

Her mind kept going through it over and over. How could somebody be that insensitive? I mean, it wasn't exactly hard to tell that they wanted some privacy, and while she did indeed want to check up on everybody in the group, she wanted to get to know Watson more. After all, it wasn't every day you met someone that was almost like a parallel version of you. Either way, the thought of it was pretty much a sharp, pointed reminder of why she hated people sometimes. So insensitive, and uncaring... he could've been there from the start, and they didn't even notice. He didn't even have the kindness to greet them...

"Bastard..." Esaias says under her breath, before she glances over to Watson. It wasn't that hard to tell that they were thinking the same thing - she was starting to get a feel for his personality and how he reacted to certain emotions. A lot like he was to her, in fact, but she was never much of a people person. Maybe he would be the one to change that? Though her inventions were meant to help people, they were never for the common man. His leg was probably one of the first ones that didn't have that mindset.

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

Trying to shake that incident out of my head, I overheard her, it's almost like she could read my mind. How moronic was I? Doltish to the maximum of extends, I could've avoided that so effortlessly it's almost embarrassing. I sighed to the sound of her words, and obeying, for the first time ever, that old urban myth, I forced an smile, trying to calm myself and her down. I'm not sure if it's working, for now, I'm just satisfied that I'm trying.

-"Forget about him, my house should be just around the corner, no one should be able to bother us there." -That didn't quite sound as I was expecting, but oh well.​

It's almost a quarter past seven, we sure waited for quite a while -- and to top it all off, it's starting to get cold. As I realized the decreasing temperature, I fixed my arm closer to my torso, consequently bringing her closer to me. Her scent is exactly what I expected from when romance novels described situations like these -- it's sweet, soft, I don't quite exactly how to describe it myself, but sure it's calming. Her presence in itself, even if slightly irritated from what just happened, still is enough to calm me.

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

Though her expectations weren't met too well on her attempt to calm him, she returned the smile happily. At least he was trying, and that was pretty much all she could ask for in most situations. As long as he meant well and made an attempt, it was excusable, unless it was something obviously beyond her morals. Best not to dwell on that kind of thing. And boy, it was pretty cold out. That's winter for you, though.

"Ah. Well, hopefully we can get out of this cold. I mean, though I do wear a hoodie all the time, and I work in all sorts of environments, so I'm a bit used to this, I have no idea how it is for you." Esaias giggles softly as they continue walking along, and unexpectedly, he draws her closer to him, and for a second she almost tries to resist out of pure instinct, but then she remembers who she's with, and a blush comes to her cheeks. Boy, she just couldn't stop blushing around him. But he was so nice, and so much like her.

Watson slowly seemed to be calming down just from her presence, let alone her being closer to him, and that made her feel good. Slowly, she rests her head on his shoulder as time passes, using it as support, reaching down and holding his hand gently. Esa didn't really know if he was built for cold weather either, so she felt the need to stay as close to him as possible, for the sake of both calming him down, and keeping him warm.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
|Tyler|
As i arrived at the office i threw my coat on a sofa and went straight to my room. I searched it far and wide but couldn't find a sample of the substance that once fought me. I checked the broken open vent to find, once again, nothing.
(Ok... That was deffinitely organic. Time to rewire the old master computer.)
Took my coat back and noticed it began to snow.
(That was sudden...)
I put it on and went to the base.
|Base|
I arrived at the door. It was a simple spruce wood door. At least it looked like it was.
(I should add some serious security here. This is rubbish!)
I then had enogh time to install 2 cameras outside and one in every inside room.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

Though her expectations weren't met too well on her attempt to calm him, she returned the smile happily. At least he was trying, and that was pretty much all she could ask for in most situations. As long as he meant well and made an attempt, it was excusable, unless it was something obviously beyond her morals. Best not to dwell on that kind of thing. And boy, it was pretty cold out. That's winter for you, though.

"Ah. Well, hopefully we can get out of this cold. I mean, though I do wear a hoodie all the time, and I work in all sorts of environments, so I'm a bit used to this, I have no idea how it is for you." Esaias giggles softly as they continue walking along, and unexpectedly, he draws her closer to him, and for a second she almost tries to resist out of pure instinct, but then she remembers who she's with, and a blush comes to her cheeks. Boy, she just couldn't stop blushing around him. But he was so nice, and so much like her.

Watson slowly seemed to be calming down just from her presence, let alone her being closer to him, and that made her feel good. Slowly, she rests her head on his shoulder as time passes, using it as support, reaching down and holding his hand gently. Esa didn't really know if he was built for cold weather either, so she felt the need to stay as close to him as possible, for the sake of both calming him down, and keeping him warm.

|Christopher Watson|
|Street|

-"Hm".
"A bit used to this", uh -- I never really stopped to think about this, but for me, it never really was about "getting used to it". In fact, the cold never really bothered me. The hyperborean, shivery sensation always felt so relaxing to me, I don't know why. Growing in London must've helped, I suppose. I chuckled faintly in reaction to my own thoughts -- I tend to do that a lot.

-"I've always been fine with the cold, really." -I let out a heavy breath through my mouth - seeing the steam form within the cold- "It's just so relaxing... Weird, I know." -"Aren't human beings suppose to avoid the cold?", I sighed.
We've walked for a few more minutes, the neighborhood, as usual to me, getting wealthier to each step. The sight of houses, even mansions, with big, well-treated gardens and pools kept growing in rate as we proceeded to walk. Holding her just a bit more tightly, I smiled, in the usual silly way. I gazed to the end of the street, seeing the small sight of my house's gate out in the distance -- I said:

-"There she is." -I pointed with my chin towards the end of the street, where the black metal gates, which held the letter "W" carved within it's golden round center, started becoming more apparent.
|Note: House reference image, gate reference image|

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Street|

"Really?" She looks up at him and turns her head curiously, much like that of a pet, before giving him a soft smile. "I've honestly liked the cold too. I mean, heck, I do love the cold, but... well, I have to work with all sorts of materials that obey all sorts of properties in all sorts of temperatures and humidity. I wear all this stuff for a reason, you know..." Esaias giggles and gives him a light kiss on the cheek with a light blush, both from the cold, and her affection.

She really had to wonder, as they walked down the street and the property seemed to be getting ever more expensive, did he really live in this area? Boy, he must've been more rich than she thought... or at the very least, had been left some surprisingly nice property by his grandparents. She'd never really thought about it before, since he didn't appear too much like a fanciful person. To think, a guy like him falling in love with a commoner like her... forbidden love at it's finest.

Esaias almost couldn't believe it when they arrived at his mansion. It was pretty big, even for a mansion. "Wow... you live here?" She glances over at him and blushes, giving an embarrassed, but grateful smile before glancing down to the ground and kicking her feet a little. Indeed, it seemed that her fears were at least somewhat correct.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Street|

"Really?" She looks up at him and turns her head curiously, much like that of a pet, before giving him a soft smile. "I've honestly liked the cold too. I mean, heck, I do love the cold, but... well, I have to work with all sorts of materials that obey all sorts of properties in all sorts of temperatures and humidity. I wear all this stuff for a reason, you know..." Esaias giggles and gives him a light kiss on the cheek with a light blush, both from the cold, and her affection.

She really had to wonder, as they walked down the street and the property seemed to be getting ever more expensive, did he really live in this area? Boy, he must've been more rich than she thought... or at the very least, had been left some surprisingly nice property by his grandparents. She'd never really thought about it before, since he didn't appear too much like a fanciful person. To think, a guy like him falling in love with a commoner like her... forbidden love at it's finest.

Esaias almost couldn't believe it when they arrived at his mansion. It was pretty big, even for a mansion. "Wow... you live here?" She glances over at him and blushes, giving an embarrassed, but grateful smile before glancing down to the ground and kicking her feet a little. Indeed, it seemed that her fears were at least somewhat correct.

|Christopher Watson|
|Mansion's Gate|

Approaching the gates, I started reaching out for my keys -- I wasn't really to surprised on her being impressed, if I'm being completely honest. And, even though I didn't quite share the feeling, I smiled faintly, trying to appreciate the reaction, in a way. I didn't like this house, I really didn't. The memories it brings aren't really the most pleasant -- but really, in what position am I to complain? People would cut off an arm to live in a place like this, I don't have the luxury nor right to complain. I drove my attention back to her, once I finally found my keys.

-"The pros of living in a rich family, I suppose" -I smiled shyly, scratching the back of my head.
I unlocked the main gate's lock in a quick spin of the keys, opening the right one just enough to leave for us to pass. Inside, we walked through the sidewalk of the garden, which lead to the front door. I never liked how big the door was, seemed unnecessary - "cons of living in a family of egocentrics, I suppose". I unlocked the huge, wooden double door, again, opening only the right side, leaving us enough room to pass through, locking it right behind me right after. Once I turned on the lights, the main entrance room revealed itself -- the switch triggered the lights on the side of the stairs, together with the main chandelier. Everything was a bit dustier than usual, as I, myself, didn't care enough to clean it -- and after the servants moved, I only hired a small set of cleaner maids a month. I haven't spoken to them since august too, so, that should explain it. I could turn on the wall lamps, but I didn't feel like it was necessary. I looked at her, afraid, an curious for an reaction -- moving towards the left side of the staircase, I said.

-"Come on, I'll show you around"
Or try, at least - certainly I wouldn't be able to show off everything. I sighed internally, "should I really be feeling embarrassed right now?".

|Note: Main entrance room reference image|

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Mansion|

Oh boy, the music she saw as he opened the gate alone was pretty calming and elegant. As they walked up the path to the mansion through the small garden and rather expansive lawn, she hugged herself a bit closer to him. While most people would see it as beautiful and would pretty much sell all the organs in a dead body just for a chance at a house like this... to her, it was more intimidating than anything. She was never one for people, or objects, that had humongous egos or were just pretty much there for the sense of bragging. The entire place, while it did sound nice and calming, was way too "rub it in your face" about itself.

Out of instinct, and she wasn't sure if it was out of seeking protection or comfort amid this foreign environment, or just to see if he hated the place as much as she did, Esaias glanced up at him for a moment. That smile... she could recognize it anywhere. It was almost like a "sigh of relief" type of feeling, and with this new knowledge in mind, confided herself in exploring his home. At least she wasn't quite alone on that front.

Then he opened the doors. Then the music got a lot more... well, it pretty much went off the charts in the pure sense that the house was trying to brag, but it was sort of neutered by the fact that everything looked somewhat dusty. It was pretty clear that he didn't have a taste for this kind of stuff, similar to her. And yet she couldn't help but feel weird being in love with someone that had a home like this. After all, Esaias was just an inventor girl from some deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere. Not like she was special. She gladly follows after him, arm still tucked around his.

"It's, erm..." It was almost like she didn't have a word in her surprisingly vast vocabulary to fit this place. "...self-centered would be an understatement, let's put it at that." Then she freaks out a bit, thinking he might take it as offense, and blushes. "Erm, not to say that it isn't pretty, it's just... not my thing."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Mansion|

Oh boy, the music she saw as he opened the gate alone was pretty calming and elegant. As they walked up the path to the mansion through the small garden and rather expansive lawn, she hugged herself a bit closer to him. While most people would see it as beautiful and would pretty much sell all the organs in a dead body just for a chance at a house like this... to her, it was more intimidating than anything. She was never one for people, or objects, that had humongous egos or were just pretty much there for the sense of bragging. The entire place, while it did sound nice and calming, was way too "rub it in your face" about itself.

Out of instinct, and she wasn't sure if it was out of seeking protection or comfort amid this foreign environment, or just to see if he hated the place as much as she did, Esaias glanced up at him for a moment. That smile... she could recognize it anywhere. It was almost like a "sigh of relief" type of feeling, and with this new knowledge in mind, confided herself in exploring his home. At least she wasn't quite alone on that front.

Then he opened the doors. Then the music got a lot more... well, it pretty much went off the charts in the pure sense that the house was trying to brag, but it was sort of neutered by the fact that everything looked somewhat dusty. It was pretty clear that he didn't have a taste for this kind of stuff, similar to her. And yet she couldn't help but feel weird being in love with someone that had a home like this. After all, Esaias was just an inventor girl from some deadbeat town in the middle of nowhere. Not like she was special. She gladly follows after him, arm still tucked around his.

"It's, erm..." It was almost like she didn't have a word in her surprisingly vast vocabulary to fit this place. "...self-centered would be an understatement, let's put it at that." Then she freaks out a bit, thinking he might take it as offense, and blushes. "Erm, not to say that it isn't pretty, it's just... not my thing."

|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|
|OOC: Feel free to reply in parts, this is a big one|

Both of us didn't seem to like the place, for different reasons, but still. She's overwhelmed by the ambient, and I can't blame her, really - if I didn't live here my entire life, I'm sure I would feel the same way. I still do, to be entirely honest, I just got used to it, I suppose. This style isn't my preferred one either, but what can I say, it's my home, and I can't really complain. That's what I was taught, at least.

-"It's overwhelming, I know" -I said, sighing, looking around while going up the stairs.
When we reached it's top, I accidentally gazed at that spot near the balcony, I could feel the shivers tracing their way through my spine - my jaw clenched, almost involuntarily. No matter how many times I looked at it, I just can't take that image off of my head - it's been almost ten years, and still, it's there, haunting me from every dark corner my mind hosts. I shook my head, trying to pull myself out of those thoughts as much as I could.

Once we're a few feet away from the balcony, a small corridor greeted us to the main room of the entire mansion, "the heart of the building", as my granddad used to call. A circular balcony, which held more corridor entryways, overlooked the main room in it's entirety. The room itself contained a huge circular glass table, which held in it's center, a arrange of white flowers. On of the main features of the room is a huge glass wall, leading to the outside pool, the maids always hated to clean that up. I drove my attention back to her, "if she wasn't overwhelmed by now", I though. I inhaled deeply, then said, overlooking the room.

-"This is "the mansion's heart", as my granddad used to say."
This room got completely destroyed by the thieves, my grandparents had to completely redo it, that's why the more modern-y look -- which pleases my just a tiny bit more. Still too egocentric to my taste, but oh well.

-"There's still much more to see, but, without longing the tour too much, let's go to my favorite room, shall we? You might just like it too.".
I smiled, starting to walk us around the balcony, towards one of the halls, which lead to the room.
|Notes: "Heart of the Mansion" reference image (balcony not visible)|

Last edited:

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|
|OOC: Feel free to reply in parts, this is a big one|

Both of us didn't seem to like the place, for different reasons, but still. She's overwhelmed by the ambient, and I can't blame her, really - if I didn't live here my entire life, I'm sure I would feel the same way. I still do, to be entirely honest, I just got used to it, I suppose. This style isn't my preferred one either, but what can I say, it's my home, and I can't really complain. That's what I was taught, at least.

-"It's overwhelming, I know" -I said, sighing, looking around while going up the stairs.
When we reached it's top, I accidentally gazed at that spot near the balcony, I could feel the shivers tracing their way through my spine - my jaw clenched, almost involuntarily. No matter how many times I looked at it, I just can't take that image off of my head - it's been almost ten years, and still, it's there, haunting me from every dark corner my mind hosts. I shook my head, trying to pull myself out of those thoughts as much as I could.
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

Slowly, over time, she managed to shut out the absolute eruption of music that was practically blasting into her at this point, and it felt rather relieving. There weren't many times she wanted to do that, but she was glad she at least had to ability to do so - if her brain had ears, they would probably be bleeding by about now. Profusely. At least it was over now, though. Now that it was much more silent, she considered the fact that, if Watson's parents were dead from robbers... well, he'd probably like the place even less than her, since it has so many bad memories attached to it.

"Well, it was, but I think I shut it out for now. I've sort of learned out of necessity..." Esaias nervously scratches at the back of her head with a forced chuckle before smiling at him. As they walk along, she feels him suddenly shiver slightly out of discomfort, and glances at him, noticing him clenching his jaw, before looking over to the spot he was looking at. Though to her it seemed perfectly normal, she reminded herself that he had emotional trauma - if she went back to her house and found the same spot it happened to her parents, she'd react like that as well.

Best not to mention it for now. Even if he was willing to talk to her about it in the first place, it was probably best to drop it and leave it alone until he's comfortable talking about it. Besides, she knew the feeling of having everybody just constantly ask if you're alright. Not fun knowing that every second your friends are around you is a second they spend worried. After a bit of internal debate, she squeezes his hand, just for a moment, before holding it a bit tighter than she did before to try and give him a bit of comfort.

Once we're a few feet away from the balcony, a small corridor greeted us to the main room of the entire mansion, "the heart of the building", as my granddad used to call. A circular balcony, which held more corridor entryways, overlooked the main room in it's entirety. The room itself contained a huge circular glass table, which held in it's center, a arrange of white flowers. On of the main features of the room is a huge glass wall, leading to the outside pool, the maids always hated to clean that up. I drove my attention back to her, "if she wasn't overwhelmed by now", I though. I inhaled deeply, then said, overlooking the room.

-"This is "the mansion's heart", as my granddad used to say."
This room got completely destroyed by the thieves, my grandparents had to completely redo it, that's why the more modern-y look -- which pleases my just a tiny bit more. Still too egocentric to my taste, but oh well.

-"There's still much more to see, but, without longing the tour too much, let's go to my favorite room, shall we? You might just like it too.".
I smiled, starting to walk us around the balcony, towards one of the halls, which lead to the room.

Try as she might, she couldn't really bar all of the ambiance at this point, but she still manages to keep it under control. Rather, now it was more of a small tune. Still elegant and beautiful, and rather flaunting, but not quite as much as before - and not nearly as loud. Much more tolerable for her tastes. But it was still probably one of the more beautiful things she had seen - she never thought she would see anything like this beyond pictures, and she gazes around with a slight gasp of amazement, trying to take it all in at once.

"Wow... the mansion's heart, huh? I can certainly see why it gets that name... that table must've been a blast to climb on as a kid, I bet." Esaias giggles before it slowly fades, and she realizes that she might've just started a small chain reaction that would segway into more thoughts about his parents. Oh boy. Hopefully that doesn't happen... still though, she couldn't just not comment on the room. It definitely seemed more modern and beautiful than the rest of the house. Her attention is suddenly drawn away, though, by him. "Hm? Oh, yeah. We've gotta eat before our food gets cold. It'd be best to keep this tour short while we can... but I'd love to see the rest some other time."

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

Slowly, over time, she managed to shut out the absolute eruption of music that was practically blasting into her at this point, and it felt rather relieving. There weren't many times she wanted to do that, but she was glad she at least had to ability to do so - if her brain had ears, they would probably be bleeding by about now. Profusely. At least it was over now, though. Now that it was much more silent, she considered the fact that, if Watson's parents were dead from robbers... well, he'd probably like the place even less than her, since it has so many bad memories attached to it.

"Well, it was, but I think I shut it out for now. I've sort of learned out of necessity..." Esaias nervously scratches at the back of her head with a forced chuckle before smiling at him. As they walk along, she feels him suddenly shiver slightly out of discomfort, and glances at him, noticing him clenching his jaw, before looking over to the spot he was looking at. Though to her it seemed perfectly normal, she reminded herself that he had emotional trauma - if she went back to her house and found the same spot it happened to her parents, she'd react like that as well.

Best not to mention it for now. Even if he was willing to talk to her about it in the first place, it was probably best to drop it and leave it alone until he's comfortable talking about it. Besides, she knew the feeling of having everybody just constantly ask if you're alright. Not fun knowing that every second your friends are around you is a second they spend worried. After a bit of internal debate, she squeezes his hand, just for a moment, before holding it a bit tighter than she did before to try and give him a bit of comfort.

Try as she might, she couldn't really bar all of the ambiance at this point, but she still manages to keep it under control. Rather, now it was more of a small tune. Still elegant and beautiful, and rather flaunting, but not quite as much as before - and not nearly as loud. Much more tolerable for her tastes. But it was still probably one of the more beautiful things she had seen - she never thought she would see anything like this beyond pictures, and she gazes around with a slight gasp of amazement, trying to take it all in at once.

"Wow... the mansion's heart, huh? I can certainly see why it gets that name... that table must've been a blast to climb on as a kid, I bet." Esaias giggles before it slowly fades, and she realizes that she might've just started a small chain reaction that would segway into more thoughts about his parents. Oh boy. Hopefully that doesn't happen... still though, she couldn't just not comment on the room. It definitely seemed more modern and beautiful than the rest of the house. Her attention is suddenly drawn away, though, by him. "Hm? Oh, yeah. We've gotta eat before our food gets cold. It'd be best to keep this tour short while we can... but I'd love to see the rest some other time."

|Christopher Watson|
|Watson's Residence|

"Climb on the table", I chuckled.

-"I wish".
It's not worth mentioning that the table didn't exist by the time I was a kid, is it? To what reason, right? And even if it did, certainly I wouldn't be allowed to climb on it, I can even hear them: "Christopher Watson, the Second, get over here in this instant!", I smiled to the thought - what was the last time I smiled when thinking of my parents, again?

Anyways, we made our way through the corridor, passing through several closed doors, until we reached the very end of it, where an extremely familiar white, beautifully crafted wooden door awaited for me. The smile on my face grew exponentially to it's sight, I just couldn't hold it. Holding her hand a bit more tightly, I said:

-"Here it is" -I opened the door, without quite entering the room, leaving Esa a second to take it all in.
How couldn't it be my favorite? The room who held my dearest object in this entire world. The sight of the room itself is close to breath-taking, I couldn't quite say anything opposite to that, to be honest, considering this is one of the few rooms in this house in which I actually designed, or help design. After entering the room, I pointed to a small golden plated sign, above the spot where the piano was, close to the ceiling, which held the words: "You deserve it, boy".

-"My granddad made that for me, when I, "I surpassed him"." -I emphasized the quotes with my fingers- "Those were his exact words after he saw my first concert" -I couldn't help how much that meant to me, it was all clear in my smile.
|Note: Piano Room Reference Image, actual Piano Reference Image|

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
|Esaias|
|Watson's Residence|

She couldn't help but smile as she saw him smile after her mention of his childhood, and was rather glad that it didn't go down the road that she thought it would. Hopefully she would be able to remind him that it wasn't all bad - after all, he had this giant mansion to himself, his piano... he was lucky. And yet, at the same time, he wasn't. Much like her - got a job at one of the finest labs in the world, but her parents are dead. Ironic, really... A soft chuckle comes out of her as they continue walking along, and she readjusts her hood slightly.

It grew even larger as they seemed to come upon their destination room, and all of the music in her mind seemed to stop, dead silent in both anticipation, and excitement, and she grasps his hand tightly in return. As long as his piano was special to him, it was special to her, since it seemed to make him so happy. As the door opened, her own smile got rather large as she looked over the room. Though it felt like music was seeping out of the walls, she couldn't really see or hear any of it, even after opening the gates that kept out the music that was back out there. It was pretty much dead silent. Gladly, Esaias follows behind him, both confused, and intrigued.

"Wow... it's beautiful." She looks up at him and smiles widely before looking over to the piano and slowly walking up to it. "Huh... you know, I think this might be one of the few places I know of that I can't really see any music. And yet I feel like this room is full of songs..." She sits on one of the couches near the piano, and gazes around the room again, marveling at it. "Yeah, this is definitely different than anywhere else I've really been, or even seen in pictures. Did you design this yourself?"