Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I thought it was pretty obvious @Strikingwolf needed to:

-Update his post because I explained what happened

-Be careful not to do it again

Besides, you guys seem to understand that you need to wait for the GM to post to explain what happened, and I sincerely hope that everyone has understood that.

Basic RPing rules here, though I can't blame someone who may be a newbie for not knowing. As I said, just don't do it again and we should be fine.

Reactions: Qazplm601

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not exactly a fan of purple prose, but Nisteth's experience seems to be helping him/her so it's complex and well-filled but not overly refined. I still need to learn a lot.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and, if I'm able to also redirect the kinetic energy of physical attacks, I'll be the happiest RPer in the world. Just saying.
[winking intensifies]
Basically, your power is the ability to get non-organic objects into a pocket dimension, and release them with the same momentum back.

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
-"Holy fuck!" - I said, almost involuntarily - I stopped to look at my own hands, smiling uncontrollably - "That was... Awesome! And just a bit scary at the same time..." - I said, as my smile faded a bit as I started to think logically again, after the euphoria dissipated, of course.

I didn't quite understood why Tyler had the urge, and most importantly, the confidence to just run towards and slide under that thing - but he seemed to have a plan, which was better than anything I had in mind for the moment, so, as soon as I saw the stunned concrete golem tumble even in the slightest, I dashed my way though, dragging the redheaded girl with me. As I was running, an idea popped into my head - it's dangerous, but in this situation, I'm willing to try anything. I dragged the girl, interrupting her punch, even before it happened, saying a shy, but also desperate:

-"Sorry to interrupt, but please, follow me!"

I dragged her into the other end of the alleyway, at a decently safe distance from the creature - I grabbed her shoulders, and said, looking into her eyes:

-"You need to trust me on this one" - I ran with her to the nearest trash bin, grabbed the lid of the trash bin, and handed it to her. I positioned myself in a way that I was both facing the girl, and the golem, and when everything was in place, I said, quite loudly - "Kick it to me, quick!"

I chanted "please, work - please, work - please, work" multiple times, while I stood my hand in the golem's direction.

If this works, oh God, if this works. I'm legitimately chanting out loud "please, work".

Reactions: Qazplm601

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
|Streets|

Another wave of energy emerges, and Glade and Christopher start feeling a bit drownsy, as if they were somewhat drunk or during a hangover.

Glade's kick delivers to the bin is slightly less potent than it'd be due to that and what appears to be that her powers have been hampered by Tyler's mental wave.

As the bin approaches Chris, it starts to enter him, but he feels as if he'd just had been hit with it.

FUCK, GOD, FACK.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Tyler's power?

He can shut down other powers and people start feeling rather drunk around him.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Wtfffff?!!!! That's not even... ._.
Umm... Sorry???
This one goes to "useless powers" thread.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
STILL

No offence but it's been a couple of IRL days since I had any GM response to my action, and it is starting to irritate me a little seeing everyone else being able to develop an understanding of what their powers do, while I'm still stuck basically at the start of my RP.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019

@xTordX The power can be concentrated to affect specific people and if you were remotely paying any sort of attention to what's going on you'd notice you aren't the only ones with powers.

@RJS I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to connect everything, it's a bit complicated. I could continue with it, though it will take some time.

@ThomazM You did absorb the bin although you feel like it just hit you - that's an effect of Tyler's powers on you.

Reactions: Kal.