Parahumans RP OOC and signup

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Striking. Really? There was a rule about this in the OP. Godmodding at it's finest.
I said it came back....I mean what else could i have done. The_j said we couldn't have him dictate everything. And the fight doesn't end there anyway

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I said it came back....I mean what else could i have done. The_j said we couldn't have him dictate everything. And the fight doesn't end there anyway

Also, I pictured you running with us all this time, but okay... And I mean, quite a few things happened while you weren't here, the construct threw a piece of asphalt in my direction, and if you really stopped to fight it this whole time, the timelines wouldn't match, I don't think.

Reactions: Qazplm601

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I pictured you running with us all this time, but okay... And I mean, quite a few things happened while you weren't here, the construct threw a piece of asphalt in my direction, and if you really stopped to fight it this whole time, the timelines wouldn't match, I don't think.
Yeah I admit that because of the post time it was weird, which is why I had myself coming to

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Carry on.

I had to pull out Tyler's power without screwing everyone, so I used it to help showcase the other half of Christopher' power.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to post this here for @GPuzzle and @the_j485 to see, along with everyone else so they have an explanation.
[14:59] <Sisteth> in 7 years of RP experience
[14:59] <Sisteth> that was the worst post I have ever seen
[15:00] <Strikingwolf> K
[15:00] <Sisteth> It wasn't a grammar problem (of which there are some in your posts anyway) and it wasn't just a godmodding situation
[15:00] <Sisteth> it was based on a lack of restraint
[15:01] <Sisteth> Let the GM handle how an enemy reacts. If you aren't RPing as that character, then they are out of your control, just like real life
[15:01] <Sisteth> follow that and you should be fine
[15:02] <Strikingwolf> One thing, the very physics of the action would entail he explodes given my power, and I expect an explosion would send you reeling a little bit. So my post has nothing of how the enemy reacts besides he keeps fighting giving ample room for more reaction
[15:03] <Sisteth> Wrong. You immediately assume that the explosion even does ANYTHING to him. Remember, we're dealing with solid concrete. This stuff is sturdy as hell.
[15:03] <Sisteth> Besides, you don't know what power he has. And he could react by throwing up a piece of earth
[15:03] <Sisteth> ...let me rephrase that
[15:03] <Sisteth> he could react by sending a piece of rock from the ground up between you and him
[15:04] <Sisteth> deflecting the explosion
[15:04] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth I admit that, but my post would have been 2 sentences without that one action. Also to quote the_j we can't have him dictating everything or the speed of the RP would be extremely slow
[15:05] <Sisteth> And before you whine about post size, there's plenty of ways to flesh out your posts. Heck, I manage to post one or two paragraphs per post by defining what my character does in detail
[15:05] <Sisteth> And yes, I will admit that
[15:05] <Sisteth> but that's how forum RPs work
[15:05] <Sisteth> in fact that's why I like text RP and such better
[15:05] <Sisteth> because it's an instant response
[15:05] <Sisteth> you don't have to wait like 3 hours for this one guy to log on and make a post
[15:05] <Sisteth> you don't have to have the GM running around everywhere
[15:05] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth that is more opinion!
[15:05] <Sisteth> LIVE ACTION IS BETTER BECAUSE THEN IT ISN'T SLOW
[15:06] <Sisteth> Yes, but your opinion seems to be the same as mine
[15:06] <Sisteth> so it's valid.
[15:06] <Sisteth> Don't give me that bullshit
[15:06] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth yes in some ways, but in this case we have to give some speed to the RP or it will be very very boring
[15:06] <Sisteth> YOU SIGNED UP FOR SLOW WHEN YOU SIGNED UP FOR A FORUM RP
[15:07] <Sisteth> WHY CAN YOU NOT COMPREHEND THIS
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> So I say that we can't do obscene things like me saying the enemy dies, but the enemy reeling isn't that big of a deak
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> *deal
[15:07] <Sisteth> YES IT IS BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL VIOLATING A RULE
[15:07] <Sisteth> DEEP VIOLATION OR NOT, THE PUNISHMENT IS EQUAL
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth, I comprehend your side, but I don't agree with it
[15:08] <Strikingwolf> so the natural physics happening as it should is viable for punishment eh?
[15:08] <Sisteth> Who says YOU define physics
[15:08] <Sisteth> The GM controls the world
[15:08] <Sisteth> NOT YOU
[15:09] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth if you want to rage about this go 'head, but I just want to have a fun RP
[15:09] <Sisteth> So do I
[15:09] <Sisteth> I would also love this RP to go faster, but that doesn't justify IN ANY WAY breaking the rules
[15:09] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth and a fun RP and my action can coexist together
[15:09] <Sisteth> at least I have a sense of justice
[15:10] <Sisteth> What makes YOUR opinion so special
[15:10] <Sisteth> Mine is only special because it's relevant
[15:10] <Sisteth> it follows the rules
[15:11] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth from my frame of reference it is special because it is my opinion for one thing, but both opinions follow the rules enough to not cause the RP to destroy itself, which is what rules are for
[15:11] <Strikingwolf> anyway I am stopping this now, you can talk to the_j about it

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Carry on.

I had to pull out Tyler's power without screwing everyone, so I used it to help showcase the other half of Christopher' power.

As I said:
57096719.jpg

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
I'm just going to post this here for @GPuzzle and @the_j485 to see, along with everyone else so they have an explanation.
[14:59] <Sisteth> in 7 years of RP experience
[14:59] <Sisteth> that was the worst post I have ever seen
[15:00] <Strikingwolf> K
[15:00] <Sisteth> It wasn't a grammar problem (of which there are some in your posts anyway) and it wasn't just a godmodding situation
[15:00] <Sisteth> it was based on a lack of restraint
[15:01] <Sisteth> Let the GM handle how an enemy reacts. If you aren't RPing as that character, then they are out of your control, just like real life
[15:01] <Sisteth> follow that and you should be fine
[15:02] <Strikingwolf> One thing, the very physics of the action would entail he explodes given my power, and I expect an explosion would send you reeling a little bit. So my post has nothing of how the enemy reacts besides he keeps fighting giving ample room for more reaction
[15:03] <Sisteth> Wrong. You immediately assume that the explosion even does ANYTHING to him. Remember, we're dealing with solid concrete. This stuff is sturdy as hell.
[15:03] <Sisteth> Besides, you don't know what power he has. And he could react by throwing up a piece of earth
[15:03] <Sisteth> ...let me rephrase that
[15:03] <Sisteth> he could react by sending a piece of rock from the ground up between you and him
[15:04] <Sisteth> deflecting the explosion
[15:04] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth I admit that, but my post would have been 2 sentences without that one action. Also to quote the_j we can't have him dictating everything or the speed of the RP would be extremely slow
[15:05] <Sisteth> And before you whine about post size, there's plenty of ways to flesh out your posts. Heck, I manage to post one or two paragraphs per post by defining what my character does in detail
[15:05] <Sisteth> And yes, I will admit that
[15:05] <Sisteth> but that's how forum RPs work
[15:05] <Sisteth> in fact that's why I like text RP and such better
[15:05] <Sisteth> because it's an instant response
[15:05] <Sisteth> you don't have to wait like 3 hours for this one guy to log on and make a post
[15:05] <Sisteth> you don't have to have the GM running around everywhere
[15:05] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth that is more opinion!
[15:05] <Sisteth> LIVE ACTION IS BETTER BECAUSE THEN IT ISN'T SLOW
[15:06] <Sisteth> Yes, but your opinion seems to be the same as mine
[15:06] <Sisteth> so it's valid.
[15:06] <Sisteth> Don't give me that bullshit
[15:06] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth yes in some ways, but in this case we have to give some speed to the RP or it will be very very boring
[15:06] <Sisteth> YOU SIGNED UP FOR SLOW WHEN YOU SIGNED UP FOR A FORUM RP
[15:07] <Sisteth> WHY CAN YOU NOT COMPREHEND THIS
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> So I say that we can't do obscene things like me saying the enemy dies, but the enemy reeling isn't that big of a deak
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> *deal
[15:07] <Sisteth> YES IT IS BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL VIOLATING A RULE
[15:07] <Sisteth> DEEP VIOLATION OR NOT, THE PUNISHMENT IS EQUAL
[15:07] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth, I comprehend your side, but I don't agree with it
[15:08] <Strikingwolf> so the natural physics happening as it should is viable for punishment eh?
[15:08] <Sisteth> Who says YOU define physics
[15:08] <Sisteth> The GM controls the world
[15:08] <Sisteth> NOT YOU
[15:09] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth if you want to rage about this go 'head, but I just want to have a fun RP
[15:09] <Sisteth> So do I
[15:09] <Sisteth> I would also love this RP to go faster, but that doesn't justify IN ANY WAY breaking the rules
[15:09] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth and a fun RP and my action can coexist together
[15:09] <Sisteth> at least I have a sense of justice
[15:10] <Sisteth> What makes YOUR opinion so special
[15:10] <Sisteth> Mine is only special because it's relevant
[15:10] <Sisteth> it follows the rules
[15:11] <Strikingwolf> Sisteth from my frame of reference it is special because it is my opinion for one thing, but both opinions follow the rules enough to not cause the RP to destroy itself, which is what rules are for
[15:11] <Strikingwolf> anyway I am stopping this now, you can talk to the_j about it

Partially, I need to agree with Nisteth, I also do believe that the the GM, and the only the GM should control the enviroment, mobs/enemies, and basically everything other than your characters actions, though he also controls whenever or not they succeed (hence why in most RPG, a dice is used to decide this type of stuff). On the other hand, there's no need for anyone to bitch about this, just wait for the GMs themselves to reply (@the_j485 / @GPuzzle), they'll know what it's best.

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
And now suddenly everybody is posting one-sentence replies. I'm seriously considering just leaving this RP and calling it there.

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
Best example of escaping that situation is using "attempts" or "tries" so the gm decides what happens. See my... Thing... For example.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Partially, I need to agree with Nisteth, I also do believe that the the GM, and the only the GM should control the enviroment, mobs/enemies, and basically everything other than your characters actions, though he also controls whenever or not they succeed (hence why in most RPG, a dice is used to decide this type of stuff). On the other hand, there's no need for anyone to bitch about this, just wait for the GMs themselves to reply (@the_j485 / @GPuzzle), they'll know what it's best.
Yeah, my action was sorta unprecedented, but now we're rolling with it so what can you do

xTordX

Jul 29, 2019
And now suddenly everybody is posting one-sentence replies. I'm seriously considering just leaving this RP and calling it there.

You know you can't really say that much in a fight and since we're in a fight (yeah, i know i repeated that) we have to wait for the gm to make a reaction afterwards.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care if doing it breaks my foot because it's got reinforced skin or not...I just want to be able to move forward :(

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Yeah, my action was sorta unprecedented, but now we're rolling with it so what can you do
Just take this as a warning - try not doing that type of thing again and we should be set. ;)

You know you can't really say that much in a fight and since we're in a fight (yeah, i know i repeated that) we have to wait for the gm to make a reaction afterwards.

GPuzzle rolled with it, so I guess it's okay. As I said, since he doesn't do it again, we should be fine...

Also, MOTHERFUCKING KNIFE-COUGHING, BITCH. HELL YES.