Pack updates and new packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
The latest versions of the packs have quietly slipped into public testing but haven't been pushed to the Recommended release yet.

If you want to grab them early though they're now on the launcher.

Thanks for the hint, just downloaded them and trying new things.

Sadly again no version numbers in the modpack, you have to go into the ingame modlist. At first glance I saw that Extra Bees, Thaumic Bees and Forestry are outdated version so you might want to update these or you are missing 23 bee species. ;)

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
According to one of the FTB guys responsible for updating the packs:
Removing the version numbers from the files was done, so that you won't accidentally get two versions of the same mod.

Reactions: runlvlzero

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the public beta FTB team. And thanks for the tips about bee's Velotican. I updated the mods listed above. Put in Optifine and the pack seems to be running well =) I just got back from vacation so was waiting for the release before I rolled a new save.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The latest versions of the packs have quietly slipped into public testing but haven't been pushed to the Recommended release yet.

If you want to grab them early though they're now on the launcher.
I'd like to add, any "bugs" or issues found while running the test builds: everyone please remember it's a test build, and there are still some kinks to iron out.

thr33p10

Jul 29, 2019
Can you say if the Mindcrack pack will be adding Mystcraft yet? or is that not going to happen even with the new version/mechanics?

Voulxe

Jul 29, 2019
The new Direwolf 20 V5.1.0 is crashing on both my Macs ... unable to launch the game.

Attachments

• crash-2013-02-19_00.45.16-client.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 111

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
would be nice

I added it myself, but I did not update yet. and I hope that I get it running after the update. (shouldn't be to hard)

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
The new Direwolf 20 V5.1.0 is crashing on both my Macs ... unable to launch the game.

update again 5.1.1 fixes it. This is caused by a "wrong" InvTweaks version which apparently uses some Java 7 functions which are not in Java 6.

Voulxe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Lathanael,
Minecraft starts again. And at least I could play Single Player.
Still I am unable to log into a Server which has Direwolf20 5.1.0. Forge lists a couple of missing mods (on first glance any mod is supposed to be missing).

Regards, Voulxe

Edit: My fault: The server had been downgraded to 5.0.1 since the first message.

Mrtubzy

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I can't get the updates to work on my server/client. Every time it runs it says it's missing mods. Sounds like something to do with Forge so now I have to go and change my server back to 5.0.1. I hope this gets fixed soon, I'm looking forward to all the new changes and, so are all the people on my server.

Mikara65

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a issue with downloading the 5.1.1 pack "Error when downloading modpack" followed all steps in FAQ and still wont work

Mrtubzy

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a issue with downloading the 5.1.1 pack "Error when downloading modpack" followed all steps in FAQ and still wont work

I redownloaded the main jar file (on a mac) and when I started up the modpack I declined the update. That worked cuz the download is updated even though its asking for one. Had another friend do the same thing with windows and it worked for too with the .exe file so, you might wanna give that try.

parky50056

Jul 29, 2019
just updated the direwolf pack to 5.1.0 and the game wont load can anyone help

Attachments

• crash-2013-02-19_11.13.07-client.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 88

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Update the pack to the latest version (v5.1.1 for dw20), the crash is caused by invtweaks, which uses some java7 only features, where you probably have java6. Also, next time, try posting it in the right forum section ;)

Giddimani

Jul 29, 2019
According to one of the FTB guys responsible for updating the packs:
Removing the version numbers from the files was done, so that you won't accidentally get two versions of the same mod.

How could you end up with multiple versions of the same mod if the launcher always removes the whole modpack and downloads the whole thing again?

Sixdd

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a bit of trouble downloading the DW20 pack, should I assume it is a traffic heavy day and just try again tonight?

EDIT: To be more specific the pack downloads about half way then errors out saying "Error downloading pack" (or something to that effect anyway). Also I'm trying to download the 5.1.1 release.

Jinxed

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem as Six, the mod pack download is terribly slow and seems to cut off before it finishes, but acts like it did and continues to download that last 960Kb of data, then Errors when I try to launch.
(Using the Direwolf pack, after backing up saves and manually removing the older version)

Status
Not open for further replies.