Pack updates and new packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
As a programmer professionally I wanted to explain a little the processes of "professional" software development in comparison to personal due to some of the moans present here :p ...
My question to the masses...do we really want a professional mod development process in minecraft?? These guys have jobs and stuff, and there time really is limited..! I for one prefer all the amazing features, and accept that a few bugs may sneak in now and then. Whats your opinion?

110% accurate and right! That is what I tell to my friends who moan all the time as well. I am thankful to the guys even to Gregory, for their time and efforts to make Minecraft a new experience.

Oglop

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I was wondering if there are any plans to add Traincraft to the Direwolf20 modpack? I know its part of the Mindcrack pack but it would be cool for us to have it on Direwolf as thats the pack myself and all my friends are using. Cheers

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. I was wondering if there are any plans to add Traincraft to the Direwolf20 modpack? I know its part of the Mindcrack pack but it would be cool for us to have it on Direwolf as thats the pack myself and all my friends are using. Cheers
You most likely won't see it in the pack unless Direwolf20 requests for it to be in it.

FeralinBed

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason, whenever I attempt to download any of the packs - including from the link given on this post - the download mirrors don't load for me.

mipster

Jul 29, 2019
Isn't this odd that the update versions aren't listed? I have no idea if this updates my current install from Direwolf's 5.0.1 or Forestry v2.0.0.2 or other mods to some newer version. Finding it odd as well there's no simple, basic instruction on how to use these .zip files to update. Do I extract the .zip somewhere specific and run the bat file? Where do I extract it? Thanks

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed Mindcrack V8.1.0 is now in testing, we would be happy to help test this on our test server (backup of our live server). Is there a download link im missing somewhere?

shadydeath

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed Mindcrack V8.1.0 is now in testing, we would be happy to help test this on our test server (backup of our live server). Is there a download link im missing somewhere?
you can just select the version in the launcher and then drag and drop the updated mods onto your server

Tumm

Jul 29, 2019
How do you know it is in testing? Personally, I would like to know when new versions are 'in the works' for releasing so I don't get surprised when I start up my launcher.

darober

Jul 29, 2019
Still unable to use the latest Direwolf pack unless I want to start a new map. I still get stuck at the loading screen/generating world. Anyone able to find a fix or am I just SOL and have to start all over?

slapage

Jul 29, 2019
when will the new updated come out ? just curious cause i enjoy the pack ..

You can now find updates to Direwolf20 pack, Mindcrack pack and MagicWorld in the launcher! You can also find the new TechWorld and Lite packs.

There is currently an issue download servers on the launcher so you can download them here

Updating users are advised to backup their saves, you will get a screen that looks like this:

9N9jtZs.png

but clicking 'Yes' should not ruin your world, and we have found no disappearing items/blocks. but again, remember to save backups of your worlds!

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Updates are scheduled for release on Mondays to avoid constant updating. The only time there will be updates on days other than Mondays are if there is an emergent need for it-pretty much just hotfixes.

Generalgui

Jul 29, 2019
There is currently an issue download servers on the launcher so you can download them here

Hello, I can't dowload the launcher with the new link. It is under maintenance?

error message "Looks like something has gone wrong, please try again later!"

Status
Not open for further replies.