Pack updates and new packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
InvTweaks isn't compatible with Java 7 guys! Mac users won't be able to play...

Update your pack again please. We fixed that error already on monday as soon as we were aware of it. You pack should have a minor version tag of x.x.1 and not x.x.0. If it already has, go to the options panel of the launcher and click "Force Update"

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Update your pack again please. We fixed that error already on monday as soon as we were aware of it. You pack should have a minor version tag of x.x.1 and not x.x.0. If it already has, go to the options panel of the launcher and click "Force Update"
Ah, thank you! I'm just derpy haha, the derps travel with me as my companion :p

Edit: Although I only see x.x.0 packs in my launcher, there's no option for an x.x.1 version in the versions dropdown :(

amasedum

Jul 29, 2019
My server has updated to Mindcrack version 8.1.1 and there are mismatched item ids on my world. What can I do? Any clues how to update my world?

Thanks

supahagrrett

Jul 29, 2019
i accidently clicked x when it asked me if i want to update the mindcrack pack and now i cant join my favorite server, what can i do?

devjock

Jul 29, 2019
Curreltly, creeperhost repo goes into an infinite loop when downloading the Direwolf Server zip.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
Curreltly, creeperhost repo goes into an infinite loop when downloading the Direwolf Server zip.
seems to do this for all packs while they are updating them. i figure it to be an issue of the filehost internally replicating the new upload across it's internal physical machines and the vhost for the download being in some kind of undefined state. just wait a few hours and restart the launcher and you'll see a pack update AND the download won't crap out at the end over, and over, and over.

DivinePiestro

Jul 29, 2019
Hi my name is Divine Piestro.
Me and my friend have been playing FTB for a while now and have noticed with the new updates the arrival of Equivalent Exchange 3.
This has also brought to our attention the removal of our beloved energy condenser which was in EE2.
Is there anyway of playing FTB with all the up to date mods and with EE2 because using the minus stone takes an age to make one fupping diamond.
If anyone is able to help I thank you.

Sinceraly,
DivinePiestro.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is the wrong section I was never good at navigating forums.
P.P.S. If anyone has a solution it needs to work in multi-player as well.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Hi my name is Divine Piestro.
Me and my friend have been playing FTB for a while now and have noticed with the new updates the arrival of Equivalent Exchange 3.
This has also brought to our attention the removal of our beloved energy condenser which was in EE2.
Is there anyway of playing FTB with all the up to date mods and with EE2 because using the minus stone takes an age to make one fupping diamond.
If anyone is able to help I thank you.

Sinceraly,
DivinePiestro.

P.S. I'm sorry if this is the wrong section I was never good at navigating forums.
P.P.S. If anyone has a solution it needs to work in multi-player as well.

No, there is no way to play with any of the 1.4.7 packs and EE2, as EE2 was never updated to 1.4. You could however use the 1.2.5 packs and remove the mod called YUNoMakeGoodMap, which disables all terain generation. That way you can play with a majority of the mods that are in the 1.4.7 FTB packs, but keep in mind, they will be outdated and there are mods that didnt exist back in the 1.2.5 days. Also, for the Energy condenser in EE3, it will NOT make a return, as it was too overpowered (especially in combination with other mods).

DivinePiestro

Jul 29, 2019
No, there is no way to play with any of the 1.4.7 packs and EE2, as EE2 was never updated to 1.4. You could however use the 1.2.5 packs and remove the mod called YUNoMakeGoodMap, which disables all terain generation. That way you can play with a majority of the mods that are in the 1.4.7 FTB packs, but keep in mind, they will be outdated and there are mods that didnt exist back in the 1.2.5 days. Also, for the Energy condenser in EE3, it will NOT make a return, as it was too overpowered (especially in combination with other mods).

Will there be any kind of replacement for the condenser as I thought it was awesome and it wasnt too overpowered as it took so much shiz to make. If not do you think the EE2 guys will ever update because the guys who took over and made EE3 have ruined it. :(

P.S. Don't say the minus stone coz that is poop.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Will there be any kind of replacement for the condenser as I thought it was awesome and it wasnt too overpowered as it took so much shiz to make. If not do you think the EE2 guys will ever update because the guys who took over and made EE3 have ruined it. :(

P.S. Don't say the minus stone coz that is poop.
Quoting from the minecraft forums: "What features are in EE3? Is item X/Y/Z still around from EE2?
I haven't compiled a final list of what is in EE3 yet for the public, but here is the short list of what is in/out;
  • Red Matter has been removed. It was a cosmetic tier only to give people something to aim for after Dark Matter. Dark Matter is now the top tier tech in EE3.
  • Collectors have been removed. A different method for passive EMC generation will be introduced in the future.
  • Condensers have been removed. A suitable replacement with new mechanics will be added in the future.
  • The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed. Their functionality still exists in the Dark Matter tools.
  • The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics.
  • There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires."
  • More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins.
  • EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time.
  • A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time."
So yes, there will be something that will replace the condenser eventually, but it is currently unknown when it will be implemented. Also the condenser alone didnt take too much stuff to create, it was the energy collectors and relays you put around it :p. For now though, you'll have to deal with the minium stone (or the philosophers stone if you cheat it in). You possibly could somewhat automate it by using multiple stones and a few autocrafting tables perhaps? At least till more stuff has been implemented.

Reactions: Ashzification

Cman333

Jul 29, 2019
Quoting from the minecraft forums: "What features are in EE3? Is item X/Y/Z still around from EE2?
I haven't compiled a final list of what is in EE3 yet for the public, but here is the short list of what is in/out;
  • Red Matter has been removed. It was a cosmetic tier only to give people something to aim for after Dark Matter. Dark Matter is now the top tier tech in EE3.
  • Collectors have been removed. A different method for passive EMC generation will be introduced in the future.
  • Condensers have been removed. A suitable replacement with new mechanics will be added in the future.
  • The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed. Their functionality still exists in the Dark Matter tools.
  • The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics.
  • There will be a method to move EMC around in "wires."
  • More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins.
  • EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time.
  • A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time."
So yes, there will be something that will replace the condenser eventually, but it is currently unknown when it will be implemented. Also the condenser alone didnt take too much stuff to create, it was the energy collectors and relays you put around it :p. For now though, you'll have to deal with the minium stone (or the philosophers stone if you cheat it in). You possibly could somewhat automate it by using multiple stones and a few autocrafting tables perhaps? At least till more stuff has been implemented.
to answer his question about EE2 updating, another quote:"Will you update EE2 for MC X.Y.Z?
I have decided to focus solely on EE3 development. I feel that this version will be a superior experience toprevious versions of EE, and so I have decided to make it my number one priority. I know a lot of you love EE2, so I only ask that you be patient while I flesh out more of the functionality in EE3 to get it to where I have planned."

Reactions: VANtheSven

3of0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm hosting a Direwolf20 pack server. I've seen the client update a few times, but don't see where the version for the server is. Do I need to worry about it? Does it update on it's own? I'm new to FTB, trying this out from Tekkit Lite.

Pringle5095

Jul 29, 2019
I certainly could use a modpack of my own for an Feed the Beast lets play. I was originally going to use the Ultimate Pack but an update screwed up the world, and I lost it. So could one of u guys release that to the public because I want my viewers to be able to play along with the mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1373686659][/DOUBLEPOST]I certainly could use a modpack of my own for an Feed the Beast lets play. I was originally going to use the Ultimate Pack but an update screwed up the world, and I lost it. So could one of u guys release that to the public because I want my viewers to be able to play along with the mods.[DOUBLEPOST=1373686735][/DOUBLEPOST]and by the way, please call it the Mra2012 modpack, my minecraft username

Pringle5095

Jul 29, 2019
Have all mods at their latest versions and release it in the next launcher version. I would like, IndustrialCraft2, Buildcraft 3, Equivalent Exchange 2, Railcraft, Traincraft, Steves Carts 2, Not Enough Items, and Ars Magica if compatible with NEI

Status
Not open for further replies.