OP Items

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
I've always found that one of the best ways of mining manually in the early-mid game is using an advanced nanochestplate paired with a mining laser on horizontal mode. Problem is gregtech. The harder mining laser recipe makes this a lot more endgame. But without gregtech I think it's a bit OP. For anyone who didn't know the advanced nanochestplate acts as an advanced electric jetpack and an advanced lappack with the protection of a nano chest plate.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
But that's just saving time while branch mining, at the cost of the time and materials spent to make the laser and at least the second tier of batpack (I forgot what it was called) and that random chance to destroy blocks the laser has, for whatever reason.
If that can really be considered OP, I believe anything that convenient or saves time in one way or another should be as well, and all standards for comparison should be vanilla only with the most basic tools possible. Enchanted diamond picks are OP.

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
Good point. I agree that enchanted diamond picks are OP. But I think that thaumium tools can be more OP than diamond when they have repair. But a REALLY OP thing that found no one complaining about was the twilight forest hollow hills.... I recently found a large one and mined about half of the diamond ores with my fortune pick and found myself with over a stack of diamond. I've been searching for complaints about it but found none. And then when I'm mining in it and I look up........ I usually see about 6 diamond ores on the ceiling. And sometimes 3 emerald ores. No quarries or any forms of automatic mining used. And it happened in about 15 minutes of mining. Please don't argue against it. I find it funny to commonly see 6 diamond ores in the ceiling. And I like the fact it's very OP. :)

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Good point. I agree that enchanted diamond picks are OP. But I think that thaumium tools can be more OP than diamond when they have repair. But a REALLY OP thing that found no one complaining about was the twilight forest hollow hills.... I recently found a large one and mined about half of the diamond ores with my fortune pick and found myself with over a stack of diamond. I've been searching for complaints about it but found none. And then when I'm mining in it and I look up........ I usually see about 6 diamond ores on the ceiling. And sometimes 3 emerald ores. No quarries or any forms of automatic mining used. And it happened in about 15 minutes of mining. Please don't argue against it. I find it funny to commonly see 6 diamond ores in the ceiling. And I like the fact it's very OP. :)
i`ve never been in TF hollow hills, but before complaining about it, i`d recommend to download Big Dig mod pack from tekkit platform, and just dig in vanilla biomes...

and somehow i feel that people here are just misusing term "OP", instead of using words "better" and "best".

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
See the first line of my signature. Note that some of the people who do not change the setting will still complain for the default to be changed.

Well, last time i checked there is no alternate recipy's in the configs ATM. So i gues you mean that people wont change the defaults? Well gues where FTB comes in! :)

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
i`ve never been in TF hollow hills, but before complaining about it, i`d recommend to download Big Dig mod pack from tekkit platform, and just dig in vanilla biomes...

".
I've never used the big dig mod pack. But I have its files sitting in my hard drive. Maybe I'll try it out one day. And please do not use the grave key. It's a little bit annoying to me.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Well, last time i checked there is no alternate recipy's in the configs ATM. So i gues you mean that people wont change the defaults? Well gues where FTB comes in! :)
I don't think FTB would change it either. Look at Ultimate, it has GregTech with default (hard) recipes, and it has MFR and TE with normal recipes even though they a GregTech-style recipe option.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
There are (or were) servers with only ComputerCraft, and turtles are balanced perfectly fine for that. I don't think turtles can ever be balanced for FTB, because they'll either be cheaper than every other autominer (and therefore OP) or very expensive (and therefore useless for small tasks like turning off Dire's animal farm)
Not saying this should be done, but it would be possible to have like two sets of turtles, standard and advanced. Standard would cost as they currently do, but touching lava would destroy it and touching any other liquid, or having sand/gravel fall on it, would shut it off. Advanced would be made of like steel plates and rubber sheets and be immune to water/lava like they currently are. That way to get an effective and reliable miner you need the advanced one, but for tasks in controlled environments you would make do with the standard one.

Another way to balance would be giving standard turtles very small hard drives, so advanced programming wouldn't work on them, and have a more expensive hard drive upgrade.

Again, not saying this should be done, just giving an example of how it _could_ be implemented to be more balanced with the rest of the pack.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think FTB would change it either. Look at Ultimate, it has GregTech with default (hard) recipes, and it has MFR and TE with normal recipes even though they a GregTech-style recipe option.
i think logic behind this is that default setting supposedly resemble mod`s main design.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I personally believe a quarry is really overpowered ! To be able to get tons of resources after only finding 11 diamonds ? And then a turtle,ender chest,locked tessaract will provide a complete automated mining setup that you can place and forget !

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
I personally believe a quarry is really overpowered ! To be able to get tons of resources after only finding 11 diamonds ? And then a turtle,ender chest,locked tessaract will provide a complete automated mining setup that you can place and forget !
What about quarry over large hollow hill??? THAT WOULD MAKE YOU RICH, RICH MAN RICH!!!

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess that's why they're full of monsters spawners and their spawning rates are enormous

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess that's why they're full of monsters spawners and their spawning rates are enormous
Ever tried quarrying them with quarries? That'll probably solve the problem in an OP way (that I like because I like OP things and things and extremely OP things and things and things).

EDIT: I typed those things and things in without thinking. They will stay there.....

Can anyone think of an extremely OP multiblock structure???

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
How is it so OP? Also when I said multiblock structure I didn't mean blast furnaces or the like. I meant like mining machines and the like.

Randomguy404

Jul 29, 2019
By that I mean custom mining machines. By multiblock structures I mean custom creations that are using many different mods.