Old Adeptcraft - A collection of memories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry for having targeted you out of anger.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like much of an apology...

But I really do feel bad now, and Linda even went and found who did blow up my base (no idea how, but she did), so it really adds to the fact that I screwed up nice people.
I have no idea how I could apologize for ruining weeks of play and fun in a dozen of minutes top, because anything I could say would feel like I try to cover up for what I did, and nothing I could say could bring back what you previously had.

In retrospect, I should just have rage quit instead of going berserk.

So yes, I would like to apologize now, but I have no clue on how to do so.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
"Sorry".

That always works, no need for explanation, just "sorry."

Also, what time zone are you in, in Ireland?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
because he said it in skype: "Jerome, is there a way that you can rollback the server 3 hours? I blew up Slay's base, but I regret it :p"

As I've barely been able to get online recently and play, it really is Linda who you're apologising to, not me.. so yeah it's up to her.[DOUBLEPOST=1367420293][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Sorry".

That always works, no need for explanation, just "sorry."

Also, what time zone are you in, in Ireland?
BST

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Baby sheep = Lamb

Sheep = Shoop

Lamb = Lambert

I always knew you two were related.

I feel like I've pointed this out before.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Well, until the Ultimate pack updates to 1.5, you are allowed to kill other players, grief bases, etc. The map is now our sandbox for the time being, as it will be deleted as soon as the server updates.
This is a direct quote from the Skype conversation:

[4/30/2013 9:13:07 PM] Jerome Asich: alright, admin vote says map restart! 200 for, 8 against
[4/30/2013 9:13:08 PM] nomer888: the glass viewers
[4/30/2013 9:13:15 PM] Deadra: o_o whoa
[4/30/2013 9:13:29 PM] Timelord Ryter: :D
[4/30/2013 9:13:38 PM] Jerome Asich: pulling the "I pay 80 dollars a month for the server and if you don't like it leave" card

I pay the $80 a month for a server as well, (as did Guswut). I alo spend a lot of time on mod testing and pack maintenance.

I've been talking with my players for nearly a month about what we want to do with the 1.5.1 jump. We've made the jump to a new server and modpack and made sure to preserve the old server. Soon we'll have a world download (complete with frozen modpack) for anyone who wants to keep that going.

Doing this without everyone's consent is a profound sign of disrespect. Anyone can run a server, anyone can build a modpack. What makes them fun is the people surrounding them. Disrespecting and disregarding people who put in time on a server to make it a fun place is just totally unreasonable. It makes people afraid to stay and devote time to the server, which in turn makes the server a sad and empty place.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I pay the $80 a month for a server as well, (as did Guswut). I alo spend a lot of time on mod testing and pack maintenance.

I've been talking with my players for nearly a month about what we want to do with the 1.5.1 jump. We've made the jump to a new server and modpack and made sure to preserve the old server. Soon we'll have a world download (complete with frozen modpack) for anyone who wants to keep that going.

Doing this without everyone's consent is a profound sign of disrespect. Anyone can run a server, anyone can build a modpack. What makes them fun is the people surrounding them. Disrespecting and disregarding people who put in time on a server to make it a fun place is just totally unreasonable. It makes people afraid to stay and devote time to the server, which in turn makes the server a sad and empty place.

BOOM reason like 35435343456 of why I like Kirin.

ryter78

Jul 29, 2019
Yea, Slay, I kinda blew your base up, the server was in grief mode, and I didn't know that you didn't know. Feel free to destroy mine, and to let you know, I am sincerely sorry.

Reactions: slay_mithos

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I will admit, allowing griefing was a very poor decision on my part, even with the emminent restart. I apologize for the destruction this caused... I had a difficult night and that continued into today, but there was no reason for such an immature decision. I am going to reset the map now, although this will be temporary, and I will suggest you all survive together and try to accomplish as much as you can until 1.5. Maybe make it a competition. I will attempt to put this world up for download as soon as possible, although I am not sure how many people will even be able to see their stuff in whole form. To those this has harmed I am sorry. Attacking and griefing is no longer allowed on the server, and never will be again. I am going to create a thread detailing EVERYTHING about the server tomorrow, including whitelisted players, system specs, links to builds and such, rules, and config files. I hope you can forgive my stupidity and attempt to use the server as I originally meant for it to be.

Reactions: Freakscar

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, Jerome. For what it's worth, if anyone needs a team of builders, give Mieko and me a shout. We're both a bit bored, seeing that our main base won't be anywhere near finished, once 1.5 hits. =)

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
Well... People were duping to get items to wreck everything and stuff. I'll post pics of my base and the crater that is left later. So inventories were not particularly stable.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
I think i'm done with AC. I was gone the entire day and heard nothing of this. There were so many mistakes made by Jerome and the players it would be impossible to point them all out. I'll be playing SSP from now on. Clearly servers are just a breeding ground for hatred and stupidity. I honestly hope I don't have to play on a server with most of you again. Sorry, what was done is irreversible and disgustingly rude. It's quite sad that I actually thought some of you were nice people. :( Son... I am disappoint.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
OK one thing clear here. The title to the thread was updated back when the whole voting thing about asking for reset or not was started. I had nothing to do with what ever happened on the server over night.

To be honest I was fairly sure the votes suggested we would not be reseting. Also since it seemed to be unclear which pack the server would be updating to since some posters seem to belive the vote was not just about reseting but also asking for a vote towards updating I was hoping for some clarfication on that.

Also I was hoping for some sort of date or timeline. But instead I go to bed and wake up to this? Can't say it is the worst ive seen happen but it diffently is not the best way to handle a server update.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
OK one thing clear here. The title to the thread was updated back when the whole voting thing about asking for reset or not was started. I had nothing to do with what ever happened on the server over night.

To be honest I was fairly sure the vosts suggested we would not be reseting. Also since it seemed to be unclear which pack the server would be updating to since some posters seem to belive the vote was not just about reseting but also asking for a vote twoards updating I was hoping for some clarfication on that.

Also I was hoping for some sort of date or timeline. But instead I go to be and wake up to this? Can't say it is the worst ive seen happen but it diffently is not the best way to handle a server update.
Yes, I dealt with it very poorly. The map most likely would not have survived an update but I should not have taken the suggestion to throw the world into anarchy... I can promise the mistake will not be repeated, but that does not make up for the fact that I basically ruined that world and at least one member's feelings towards the server permanently. In hindsight I should have waited until 1.5 was out then updated, checked the world, if all was well keep it, else get rid of it. I will allow your opinions to expand as you wish... I simply hope I can reconcile the chaos I caused.

Jerome Asich

Jul 29, 2019
This I plan on doing... Also, despite the negative light shed on the server, soon I will be recruiting again to add new members for the 1.5 update. Who, shall be revealed soon.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I think i'm done with AC. I was gone the entire day and heard nothing of this. There were so many mistakes made by Jerome and the players it would be impossible to point them all out. I'll be playing SSP from now on. Clearly servers are just a breeding ground for hatred and stupidity. I honestly hope I don't have to play on a server with most of you again. Sorry, what was done is irreversible and disgustingly rude. It's quite sad that I actually thought some of you were nice people. :( Son... I am disappoint.
That's sad, it was a lot of fun playing with you, even if I messed around way too much, and killed you far too often in the process.
I sure hope that you will come back after the reset and that we can have some good time again.

If you don't, then have fun with your single player, I guess.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I think I'm now ferg's advocate on this forum

On everywhere.

I'm unsure why.

BTW am I whitelisted Jerome, because if so I shall login quite soon.