Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PolishPanda

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: FTB Beyond
Change the Ingamexml settings so that the clock on the HUD is in a different place. It used to be in the top left, which was fine, but it is now in the bottom right, which overlaps with a lot of other mods.

PolishPanda

Jul 29, 2019
Add Not Enough Wands - there's functionality there (like warding/protecting blocks) that isn't available in the same way in the pack.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Add Not Enough Wands - there's functionality there (like warding/protecting blocks) that isn't available in the same way in the pack.
This was discussed at one point and it was not added due to issues it had at the time the pack was created. I'm not sure if these issues have been fixed.

GScott

Jul 29, 2019

Remove YABBA until it's rendering and upgrade bugs are resolved. I Get it. It's a LatMod; the guy who has built all the FTB mods. But YABBA is not ready for prime-time. And then you gate the Quantum Storage device behind Ender Eyes and Emeralds making YABBA the only single storage barrel in town. (I'm not counting Storage Drawers; there's a whole different methodology there)

I would suggest that you either get Latvian to put Yabba issues on the front burner or put the Quantum Storage blocks back to their default mod-creator recipes.

Just a suggestion -- it wasn't too hard to make that change myself. I wouldn't be playing middle game without it.

Z

zipack

Hello I just find out that (my favorite low tier mod) ProgressiveAutomation mod was released for 1.10.2 is there a chance for this mod to be implemented to FTB:Beyond or is there some issues wit it?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello I just find out that (my favorite low tier mod) ProgressiveAutomation mod was released for 1.10.2 is there a chance for this mod to be implemented to FTB:Beyond or is there some issues wit it?
I don't think its a matter of issues; there's nothing Progressive Automation does that isn't already covered quite well with other mods; I think that in a more thematic pack it would definitely have a place, but my suspicion is that if it isn't already in there, its unlikely to be added. That said, there's nothing to stop you adding in the mod manually yourself! I rather like PA myself, so I would probably do the same.

A

Anton_

@Team_CoFH - Thermal Foundation (version in DW20's Let's Play season 8:

It's a great mod, but I'm hopeless with colours, and really battling with getting the right side of a machine doing the right thing. Could you please show the colour names in mouse-over tooltips? That would make it sooo much easier!

Z

zipack

I don't think its a matter of issues; there's nothing Progressive Automation does that isn't already covered quite well with other mods; I think that in a more thematic pack it would definitely have a place, but my suspicion is that if it isn't already in there, its unlikely to be added. That said, there's nothing to stop you adding in the mod manually yourself! I rather like PA myself, so I would probably do the same.
IMHO I think you are wrong, there is no low tier automation for growing the crops nor the mining nor the harvesting the wood nor the breeding of animals (EDIT: I didn't find any). Yes, there is forestry farms, yes there is EnderIO farming station but they are later solutions. Which of the option you mentioned allow you ti mine/plant/breed with only wooden tools? I think there is no equivalent mod in FTB:Beyond (and neither other mods for 1.10.2).

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
IMHO I think you are wrong, there is no low tier automation for growing the crops nor the mining nor the harvesting the wood nor the breeding of animals (EDIT: I didn't find any). Yes, there is forestry farms, yes there is EnderIO farming station but they are later solutions. Which of the option you mentioned allow you ti mine/plant/breed with only wooden tools? I think there is no equivalent mod in FTB:Beyond (and neither other mods for 1.10.2).
Very true, there are no extremely low tier automation options. It might be argued that there isn't much need for them as - unlike skyblock maps where resources are at a premium - in FTB Beyond, its quite straightforward to gather up enough resources for the more expensive farming options.

Z

zipack

Very true, there are no extremely low tier automation options. It might be argued that there isn't much need for them as - unlike skyblock maps where resources are at a premium - in FTB Beyond, its quite straightforward to gather up enough resources for the more expensive farming options.
Yes that could be true reason, but it cannot be so problematic to add one mod which give you a lot of starting possibilities to mass production. I think it gives you much more than it cost. Especially for me (and I think there are similar players) who build his house over the water due to security and this kind of mod would be very helpful - it save a lot of space. For example (when you need to save a space around you base) Forestry farms need minimum area of 3x3 (to 5x5) and have a limited crops types and limited planting area but ProgrAut planter need only 1x1 and have a possibility to upgrade the planting area almost infinitely.
I have a plan to add it individually, but I think it could bring a lot better and faster progression to later techs. :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Don't make an FTB Beyond modpack version a full release (R) as opposed to a beta release when you have a known major bug in it (right clicking flux points crashes the client). This was a known bug before 1.4.2 went R, the bug report has been closed with "fixed in 1.5.0+" as the reply. Kinda pissed at the logic behind this.

Scenic_Drive

Jul 29, 2019
Incorporate but have disabled by default weather 2 mod (it is now 10.2) It is great fun and adds a new element to the game but I think it will be difficult to run on a larger public server without some sort of multithreading/offprocessing of the tornadoes and snow.

Michael Justice

Jul 29, 2019
So previous and most expert modes involved the whole making recipes requiring a ton of stuff. As much as that is part of it, it still doesn't solve my problems with expert modes on packs. Power generation isn't an issue at all, either nerfing how much stuff generates power or making it so machines use a lot more power would add to the concept of not just having a few battery banks filled up at all times and no issues with power. Also the survival concept of Minecraft should be addressed. It doesn't need to be you need to stay in doors because mobs one hit you though after just a few hours of any world mobs because no issue. The Ender Dragon is a joke of a "Boss" fight and even then the Wther has been focused on so much that people hve found ways to make that fight even easier than before. Stuff like this woula dd on to the expert mode effect, rather than you having to starve for resources 24/7

Elsys656

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack:SF3

Mod:Immersive Engineering pushed an update fixing the turrets ability to be fed ammo, along with other bugfixes this should be in 3.09 tons of stuff got fixed in the new patch.

M

MagicMage1238

Yes that could be true reason, but it cannot be so problematic to add one mod which give you a lot of starting possibilities to mass production. I think it gives you much more than it cost. Especially for me (and I think there are similar players) who build his house over the water due to security and this kind of mod would be very helpful - it save a lot of space. For example (when you need to save a space around you base) Forestry farms need minimum area of 3x3 (to 5x5) and have a limited crops types and limited planting area but ProgrAut planter need only 1x1 and have a possibility to upgrade the planting area almost infinitely.
I have a plan to add it individually, but I think it could bring a lot better and faster progression to later techs. :)

So basically your looking for it to have no Challenge?? just automate everything from the start?

D

Dabobert

Hello so i have been playing FTB Beyond. But after about 60h my friend found a mod called Advanced Rocketry. We tried to add it to the Pack, but even with online help (Forums etc) it keeps crashing.
So i would love if u guys could add it as a general mod. It would add a lot. Btw if it was already suggested i am sorry but this mod would be awsome. (love the modpack) (maybe add extra bees as well?)
Kind regards Dabobert

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hello so i have been playing FTB Beyond. But after about 60h my friend found a mod called Advanced Rocketry. We tried to add it to the Pack, but even with online help (Forums etc) it keeps crashing.
So i would love if u guys could add it as a general mod. It would add a lot. Btw if it was already suggested i am sorry but this mod would be awsome. (love the modpack) (maybe add extra bees as well?)
Kind regards Dabobert

If it keeps crashing why would they add it to a pack? That's one of the important reasons mods are omitted, along with permission from the author... :D

D

Dabobert

If it keeps crashing why would they add it to a pack? That's one of the important reasons mods are omitted, along with permission from the author... :D

We fixed the crashes now it was just that this mod uses a already used dimension id just change that and it is fixed and working. ;) alsow maybe the FTB team is better in fixing crashes like these u know thats why

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Beyond:
Not sure if it was an oversight, incompatibility, or balance issue, but AA crops (Coffee, Canola, and Flax) don't work on AgriCraft Crops. Any chance that gets fixed for future versions? Not gameshattering if left as is, but every other crop works on Crops, so it seemed odd.