Official FTB Pack Suggestions Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
TiCo 1.8.9 is in Unstable as well...as far as I can tell, there is no way to auto-repair or repair using power at all. ;) There's a lot of cool material-based modifiers, though (protip: Knightslime plate on an Obsidian Excavator/Lumber Axe is an INSANE combo, since Obsidian mines at Cobalt level and Knightslime's "Unnatural" modifier massively boosts harvest speed when harvesting blocks of low tiers), and since you can replace tool parts at will there's much more room for experimentation than in previous versions. I really dig it. :)
Wood's Ecological trait does slowly repair a tool. Emphasis on Slow.

G

Grey5

Hello, can you fix iridium craft from uu-matter? Because it's abuse. 120mb uu-matter per iridium is very very cheat reciept. disable it or increase price significaly.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Hello, can you fix iridium craft from uu-matter? Because it's abuse. 120mb uu-matter per iridium is very very cheat reciept. disable it or increase price significaly.
That's the way the IC2Devs intended it to be obtained in long term, also I believe that it takes lots of EU to obtain it(1EU=4RF)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo 1.8.9 is in Unstable as well...as far as I can tell, there is no way to auto-repair or repair using power at all. ;) There's a lot of cool material-based modifiers, though (protip: Knightslime plate on an Obsidian Excavator/Lumber Axe is an INSANE combo, since Obsidian mines at Cobalt level and Knightslime's "Unnatural" modifier massively boosts harvest speed when harvesting blocks of low tiers), and since you can replace tool parts at will there's much more room for experimentation than in previous versions. I really dig it. :)
Wood tool parts seem to replace mossy somewhat. Annoying thing is that wooden tool have a chance of damageing you negligibly. Slow as balls though.

My suggestion for Infinity Evolved Expert mode would be the addition of spice of life. I'm not sure how the mode switching works but perhaps make it so that it's totally turned off for normal but active for Expert mode. Because how the cooking of meat goes in Expert I think Spice of Life would really play well in to that cooking change. Maybe also remove the ability to cook meat in TE powered furnace and relegate that to Pams Oven. Maybe pending that MineTweaker can do it, allow the TiCo pan to use Pam's cooking oil as a fuek to cook with. Should be possible as it already controls what can be cooked with it.

Essentially this would force you to use the drying rack for more then just monster jerky and just rushing to the Powered furnace. SoL also makes better use of Pam's Harvestcraft. All that variety and all people will use is toast sandwiches, that recipe should require butter and need the cutting board.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Wood tool parts seem to replace mossy somewhat. Annoying thing is that wooden tool have a chance of damageing you negligibly. Slow as balls though.

My suggestion for Infinity Evolved Expert mode would be the addition of spice of life. I'm not sure how the mode switching works but perhaps make it so that it's totally turned off for normal but active for Expert mode. Because how the cooking of meat goes in Expert I think Spice of Life would really play well in to that cooking change. Maybe also remove the ability to cook meat in TE powered furnace and relegate that to Pams Oven. Maybe pending that MineTweaker can do it, allow the TiCo pan to use Pam's cooking oil as a fuek to cook with. Should be possible as it already controls what can be cooked with it.

Essentially this would force you to use the drying rack for more then just monster jerky and just rushing to the Powered furnace. SoL also makes better use of Pam's Harvestcraft. All that variety and all people will use is toast sandwiches, that recipe should require butter and need the cutting board.

There's always one guy who thinks food-related obstacles make a pack better (teasing :p if this were strictly a tech-pack I'd say you're insane, but its not )

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
There's always one guy who thinks food-related obstacles make a pack better (teasing if this were strictly a tech-pack I'd say you're insane, but its not )
It gives Pam's Harvestcraft a point for being in the pack exept for maybe RP purposes.
It's one drawback Pam's Harvestcraft has is it's low impact to gameplay. It needs other mods to truly make it shine.
Expert mode its self sort of half assedly tries to provide a food based obstacle. By making it so you need a powered furnace to cook meat. I bet not many folks know about that change because they gorge on natura berries or berry medleys. Or simply eat apples from their oak wood harvesting. I bet most don't even make any of the Pam's utensils.

TBH i will agree the Spice of life mod does sort of suffer in the same way Hunger overhaul does. Feels unrealistic, there's absolutely no reason why that pbnj sammich would not feed you because it's your tenth. But its better then Hunger Overhaul where you need to eat 20 apples to fill you up. I try to never use them both at once.

We need another mod that keeps track of what you eat like SoL but doesn't penalize the saturation. But if you eat too much of the same food you get debuffed. Ignorable stuff at first, but eventually youd end up with scabies, scurvy and other kinds of things. Which would probably translate in to potion affects slowness and mining fatigue, maybe a base health decrease. This wouldn't happen in a day of course and would have benefits for propper variety.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
We need another mod that keeps track of what you eat like SoL but doesn't penalize the saturation. But if you eat too much of the same food you get debuffed. Ignorable stuff at first, but eventually youd end up with scabies, scurvy and other kinds of things. Which would probably translate in to potion affects slowness and mining fatigue, maybe a base health decrease. This wouldn't happen in a day of course and would have benefits for propper variety.
Maybe something that tracks various nutritional levels in your system and different foods contribute different nutritions. Sodiums, fats, sugars, etc.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
So eating 4 stacks of pizza in a row will give you the "heart atack" debuff which makes you not able to use your arm(to bad we are mingin with the right arm...) for 2 minutes and then causes instant death?

Reactions: Flipz and Pyure

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So eating 4 stacks of pizza in a row will give you the "heart atack" debuff which makes you not able to use your arm(to bad we are mingin with the right arm...) for 2 minutes and then causes instant death?

A mod like this should change every new version or so, like Real Life(tm). Look how many times Eggs or Coffee have alternated between being good or bad for you, and I'm sure there are many others.

One thing. As a type 2 Diabetic, I'm convinced that HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) is pure EEEVIIILLLL! There's a reason why imported Coca Cola made with real sugar is so expensive. It just sounds so wrong to complain about the price of Mexican Coke, though :D

[Edit] I'm not picking on Mexican products... I live in California and Mexico is the most likely source of real-sugar sodas

Last edited:
Reactions: Flipz and Dentvar

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Naa my idea would be a bit more subtle. I didn't even have heart attacks in mind.
It would probably be more than 4 in a row though.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
UK? I'd question of that was a typo but S is too far from K on a keyboard for that to happen.

Reactions: Flipz

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
TerraFirmaCraft handles it quite well. There's various food groups (vegetable, fruit, protein, etc.), and if you don't eat enough from each of them your maximum health gets scaled down. Basically a bar for each that steadily decreases over time, and is increased when you eat something containing that group. It takes a reasonably long time to do this, so if you're on an expedition for several minecraft days eating just one thing you won't notice much of a difference, but long term it makes you quite squishy in combat. IIRC if everything goes down to 0 you're at 20% of your potential maximum health.

Monkey1

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, I have a suggestion for the amazing pack that is FTB infinity Evolved... I am suggesting a new creative item being implemented. I possibly think the creative strongbox (This recipe would have to be super hard) I think it would add so much more progression to the pack and an overall end goal being you can get unlimited items etc. I think this would be very very good for other things... also possibly a new way to use all of the creative items to get the ultimate creative item, I think this could and would be good for the pack and to keep players interested... again this is only a suggestion I would love! to see this implemented into this update if possible. Thanks Monkey

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
Proposal for Infinity:Evolved Expert:

Add fluid transposer recipes for all custom casting table recipes (energy core etc).

The reason is, using a casting table re-renders a big area around the player, cause high cpu workload. I should be able to optimize cpu load when upscaling everything for endgame since we have a lot of nessecary, cpu intensive processing chains already in I:E

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Add fluid transposer recipes for all custom casting table recipes (energy core etc).

The reason is, using a casting table re-renders a big area around the player, cause high cpu workload. I should be able to optimize cpu load when upscaling everything for endgame since we have a lot of nessecary, cpu intensive processing chains already in I:E
I'll definitely second this.

It also annoys me a tiny bit to use my antiquated smelter technology so much in the nuclear/information age. Fluid Transposer is more high tech and addresses this thematic issue.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA

The reason is, using a casting table re-renders a big area around the player, cause high cpu workload. I should be able to optimize cpu load when upscaling everything for endgame since we have a lot of necessary, cpu intensive processing chains already in I:E
Show me a script for filling a casting mold in the fluid Transposer, while receiving the molded item AND the mold back. I'll write the scripts for them all up. Really, I will.

midoge

Jul 29, 2019
Writing scripts is one thing. Having them up in public Infinity servers is another.
Getting your item back is impossible and disregarbeable when there is no need for molds in a fluid transposer. Gears could be transposed on any "base gear".Buildcraft itself uses the concept of base gears for shaped crafting.

Example:
Code:
mods.thermalexpansion.Transposer.addFillRecipe(500, <BuildCraft|Core:stoneGearItem>, <Forestry:gearBronze> * 1, <liquid:bronze> * 576);

Another ressource increase would be possible by first implementing a custom base item(just a shaped recipe for a gear with some custom NBT)

See also:
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/wiki/ModTweaker:Thermal_Expansion_Support

Reactions: Flipz