NuclearCraft - A Modern Physics Mod

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Here, let me just move these... *parks dozen Industrial Steam Engines near reactor* :)
Ya need to get steam outta something first :) (My understanding is that the mod has steam--as a defined fluid--, but there's no way to get it "out" of a reactor yet)

Not yet - hopefully we will have steam-powered generators in the next update or so :)
I actually helped dev the steam cycle for GT5u. The only tricky part was allowing for a proper closed cycle and mitigating floating point math. Easy peasy.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Why, what do we have here? ;)
6cd29987ad9c450bb826c97968c7fe2d.png

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing that's your new fusion reactor. Maybe with two inputs for fusing, I'm not familiar with mek cables really.
It's the same fusion reactor as before, but Mekanism gases can now be used as fuel, if you prefer to use them over the NC fluid cells. The current Mek gases that are usable are Hydrogen, Deuterium, Tritium and Lithium-7.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.8! This is quite a large update (still for 1.7.10), but comes with a warning shown below. NuclearCraft version 2.0 will be the first not for 1.7.10. Changelog below:

WARNING: Turn off all Fission Reactors and reset configs before you update from version 1.7h or earlier!

+ Added info tooltips to most items and blocks
+ Simply hold Shift while over an item or block from the mod

+ Added portable Lithium Ion Batteries
+ Added Rhodochrosite (drops from Redstone Ore) and many more ingredients used to construct Lithium Ion Batteries

+ The power of Fission Reactors is no longer explicitly dependant on the size of the reactor
+ Because of this, all fission fuels are four times as powerful

+ Added Steam Fission Reactors
+ Temporary mechanics - produces Steam/Dense Steam/Superdense Steam instead of RF
+ Produces roughly 50% more power than a standard RF-producing Fission Reactor

+ Added Dense Steam and Superdense Steam
+ Added Steam Generator
+ Added Steam and Dense Steam Decompressors

+ Added Antimatter as a temporary product of Synchrotrons
+ Added Antimatter Bomb

+ Added button the the Assembler to configure whether to try to keep the recipe intact or use all ingredients available
+ Added config option for Fusion Reactors to asymptotically reach 100% efficiency

* Edited some extra block drops, extra mob drops and dungeon loot
* Changed some ore generation rates as they were too low
* Changed some internal workings of the Fusion Reactor
* Tweaks to achievements
* Quietened down Fusion Reactor and Synchrotron sound effects
* Slightly nerfed Reaction Generator, again

* Fixed non-RF machine fuel lifetimes
* Yellorium is no longer processed into Uranium
* Exception is the Separator, where Yellorium is processed less efficiently
* Fixed crashes related to searching for non-existing fluids

+ Added Matrix and Complex classes to prepare for quantum mechanics

* Other minor bug fixes
* Minor file rearranging
- Removed unused items

Reactions: fowltief

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What's Tesla?

Grats and thanks for the release turbodiesel. I posted it on what's new. Excited to get home and try it out.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
What's Tesla?

Grats and thanks for the release turbodiesel. I posted it on what's new. Excited to get home and try it out.
An improved version of RF essentially. It uses the forge capability system (completely back end) and uses longs instead of ints. Supposed it's easier to work with.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Tesla sounds like RF only with bigger numbers. Unless I'm wrong integer data types have a max number they can reach. Longs iirc can get much bigger. Essentially an int is 32 bit long is 64 or something like that.

What happens to Tesla if RF starts to use longs though?