NuclearCraft - A Modern Physics Mod

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm not sure if tech mods will move to it, is it compatible with RF?
What happens to Tesla if RF starts to use longs though?
An official RF API for 1.8+ doesn't exist, remember?

Chances are if it's stable enough and widespread enough people will switch to it.

Also, (back on topic) does this mod have LFTRs? I will be so happy if there is.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Well, unless something happens to RF, I will continue to support it. Tesla seems pretty nice so I'll certainly look into support for that, too. I'm also thinking about making the energy-consuming machines able to accept IC2 EU too (I don't want to have the generators produce EU as this would very much upset the balance of IC2's energy generation).

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
does this mod have LFTRs? I will be so happy if there is.
No, it does not.... at the moment...
I think that the steam-generating fission reactors will eventually be specifically molten salt reactors in MC 1.9.4 and above. The current steam system is very much a temporary one.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.8a! This update mainly fixes a lot of bugs and just irons out a few things here and there. Changelog below:

+ Added info tooltips to all machines

* Fixed Steam Fission Reactors producing four times as much steam as they should have been
* Fixed Fission Controllers not checking for other Controllers correctly

* Fixed Domino's crash
* Fixed missing textures for some items

+ Added Lithium Ion Battery crafting recipes

* Fixed conflicting Assembler recipes
* Fixed nuclear weapons being craftable in the Assembler regardless of the config option

+ Added Manganese dust oxidising recipe

* Nerfed the RTG a little
* Nuclear Monsters now spawn in the Nether
* Tweaked some tool and armour stats
* Tweaked ore generation

* Improved the Antimatter Bomb texture
* Made description of nuclear weapons config option more clear

Last edited:

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
1.8b will be out soon, which will, as far as I know, fix a bug where the steam decompressors were crashing when connected to some types of fluid pipe.
For now, I will paste a message I posted on GitHub to someone asking about turbines in the mod - I think sgbros1 will be happy :)

"Currently there is a temporary system in place involving steam and denser forms of steam that needs to be decompressed.
After I've updated the mod to MC 1.10, I want to have a different type of fission reactor in the game. The RF-producing one (passively cooled) will, as ever, require fuel cells of solid fissile material to run.

I plan on having a steam-producing reactor which requires molten salts of fissile material as fuel (a molten salt reactor). These fuels will require more work to create (more intricate processing system, involving fluorides, centrifuging etc.), but the reactors will overall produce more power (perhaps roughly 75% more power).

The structure of the actively cooled, molten salt reactors will be similar to the passively-cooled ones, except for obvious differences such as ports for water/steam input/output and the passage of the molten salt.

I haven't quite figured out exactly how the steam turbine generator should look or function, but I have two options. Either I go for a BR or Mekanism style turbine, which is essentially a big multiblock with a big, in-world turbine at the centre, or I go for a GregTech or Railcraft style turbine, where a multiblock is built, and then a turbine is placed in a GUI. Personally, I'm leaning towards the latter, because it gives me much more freedom when it comes to the interior structure of the turbine multiblock, but I will set up a poll on the Minecraft Forum thread and see if there's a clear favourite :)"

On top of this, I would like to say there could be up to 25 new fission fuels in version 1.9!
635356669595335315.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote and Pyure

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.8b! Changelog below:

* Electrolyser now requires an input of water to operate - empty fluid cells can now be used
* Solar panels now generate small amounts of power during dawn, dusk and the night
+ Added config options for the heat and efficiency levels at which full Comparator signals are emitted for the Fission and Fusion Reactor, respectively

* Fixed crash bug related to steam decompressors
* Fixed graphite block crushing to coal dust rather than graphite dust
* Minor changes to the fuel usage of non-RF machines
* Minor changes to the spin-1/2 block
* Fixed some errors in tooltip info
* Hopefully fixed bug where mobs would drop rare loot even when mob drops was disabled
* Minor texture changes
* Many internal changes

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Well, unless something happens to RF, I will continue to support it. Tesla seems pretty nice so I'll certainly look into support for that, too. I'm also thinking about making the energy-consuming machines able to accept IC2 EU too (I don't want to have the generators produce EU as this would very much upset the balance of IC2's energy generation).
i skimmed the threads and since you mentioned EU, will there be any support for external monitoring like Nuclear control 2 mod or computercraft/opencomputers?

we usually had alarms across the base and sometimes a multi glow block meter that can be seen from the farside of the main room in case of meltdown alarms would trigger if heat went above a certain point or ring if running out of fuel or water causing people to panic and fix the issue or run for thier lives and get as far away as possible...big reactor kinda spoiled everyone as there was no fear of blowing up.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
i skimmed the threads and since you mentioned EU, will there be any support for external monitoring like Nuclear control 2 mod or computercraft/opencomputers?

we usually had alarms across the base and sometimes a multi glow block meter that can be seen from the farside of the main room in case of meltdown alarms would trigger if heat went above a certain point or ring if running out of fuel or water causing people to panic and fix the issue or run for thier lives and get as far away as possible...big reactor kinda spoiled everyone as there was no fear of blowing up.
Since the reactors output a comparator-able redstone signal, you can already do this with other mods. You just need to send the redstone signal (wired or wirelessly) into something like NC2's scram alarm (or OC/CC's computers) for handling.

Reactions: turbodiesel4598

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019

There have always been plans to add CC or OpenComputers integration, but I've just never had the time to just work out how it works, on top of everything else. As for EU, when the mod updates to MC 1.10, I hope to have support for IC2 EU and Tesla. Finally there's nuclear control, which I've simply never looked at at all - perhaps I will.
Anyway, as Pyure says, if you want a 'thermometer', you can simply use a redstone comparator reading the controller.

Reactions: Pyure

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.9! This is the final major version of the mod for 1.7.10 - porting to 1.10 has begun!

+ Added Neptunium, Americium, Curium and Californium
+ Added 21 new fission fuels - TBU-Oxide and 10 non-oxisided and 10 oxidised made from the new materials

+ The fission reactor will now use up fuel cells more intelligently:
+ If the depleted fuel just produced matches the fuel about to be used, the reactor will use up the fuel and run

+ Added Fuel Recycler
* All depleted fuel recycle recipes have moved from the Isotope Separator to this machine

+ Added Americium-241 and Californium-250 RTGs

+ Added Voltaic Pile and Lithium Ion Battery RF storage blocks

+ Added Steam Fusion Reactor
+ Produces Steam/Dense Steam/Superdense steam depending on the reactor's size

+ Added many new Isotope Separator, Decay Hastener and Fission recipes
+ Added EMP bomb (not currently craftable)
* Reaction Generator now only accepts basic Uranium and Thorium as fuel
- Removed annoying message that appeared when placing generators
- Removed many unnecessary IC2 recipes
* Other minor changes to code, recipes and textures

* Updated Java and APIs

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I've watched all three now, with at least one more to come - they're very nice for those who want to learn the basics.

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.9a! This is still for 1.7.10, and just fixes an issue with searching for fusion structures and tweaks a few textures and names.

* Fixed Fusion Reactor Core struggling to find its structure with RailCraft installed (or other mods which add custom air blocks)

- Removed Electrolyser Water Cell recipe
* Changed RTG textures
* Name changes and typo fixes

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New version of the mod available - 1.9b - Again, still for 1.7.10, and fixes more bugs.

+ Added config option to modify the work rates of Steam Generators and Decompressors

* Vastly improved mechanism to deal with non-vanilla air blocks in Fusion Reactor rings

* Fixed machines acting weirdly when speed and efficiency configs were modified
* Fixed Steam Fusion Reactor showing the wrong quantities in its GUI
* Fixed Americium and Californium RTGs dropping the wrong type of RTG when broken
* Fixed Assembler recipe conflict between Reactor Casing and Reinforced Plating
* Modified Reaction Generator's GUI texture to avoid confusion regarding the fuel it uses
* Fixed active blocks giving wrong blocks when picked in creative mode
* Updated language files - thanks again to Cannon_fotter

EDIT: 1.9c is now out - more fixes:

* Fixed Steam Fusion Reactor GUI to make clear what type of steam is being produced
* Fixed a few recipes and textures
+ Added general explosion radius config option

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, here is my current main 'to do' list, if anyone is interested
635356669596273706.png

Port all to 1.10.2 (registering, rendering, etc.)
Make changes to match latest 1.7.10 version
Add Tesla support
Add IC2 Support - Generators: 1 EU = 25 RF (configurable)

Add fluoride fluids for base fuel materials
Add fluoride fluids for all fuels and fuel materials
Add centrifuge
Redo steam fission with molten salt fluid fuel input and output

Add steam turbine and dense steam turbine

Add synchrotron modules that use radiation - one per corner

Add collider controller - electron/positron/proton input on corner
Particles need to be fired in opposite directions to work
Add collider multi-block experiments - one per corner

Reactions: erindalc and RealKC

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Also, while I get on with updating, I'm going to upload some videos on the YT channel. First, videos for versions 1.8 and 1.9, then some more tutorial-like videos, which will remain useful even after the mod updates to 1.10.2.

On top of that, it seems we have the start of something which I've always thought would be a possibility - the sharing of reactor designs similar to what's done with IC2 and BR designs: Here are some very efficient 5x5x5 reactors from PhiFouX13, one using LEU fuel and the other using LEU-Ox fuel that you may want to use in your world. The video he shows these off in is here.
EDIT: Looking at the video, I don't think PhiFoux's config's are the defaults, as he has accidentally kept the heat production stats of older versions. Therefore, these designs will most likely not work. However, the point still stands that the sharing of designs could be a big part of this mod :)

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Nice :) I have done a ton of experimentation to try to maximize efficiencies, but I know the numbers and such are in flux so I didn't really keep track of designs.

One neat thing: if you have buildcraft installed, you can blueprint a NC reactor and rebuild entirely as needed, even between worlds. The only thing that doesn't seem to replicate properly is liquids (in the event that you use water blocks). BC *should* copy this properly but it doesn't seem to work as intended (issue on their side, nothing to do with NC)

Reactions: turbodiesel4598