NuclearCraft - A Modern Physics Mod

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Coming soon for 1.10/11.2...

59c7631579fd4ac2b4b108107a8978a4.png

Reactions: Pyure and erindalc

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
New major version 2.2 for MC 1.10.2 and 1.11.2!

+ Added multiblock Fusion Reactor
+ Added Electromagnet
+ Added Fusion Connector
+ Added fusion fluid fuels and products

+ Added Fluid Infuser
+ Added Metal Melter
+ Added Supercooler
+ Added Electrolyser
+ Added Neutron Irradiator
* Process times change depending on the recipe
* Improved automation on machine sides

+ Added Fission Port
* Tweaked fission cooler effects

+ Added Helium Collector
+ Added Machine Interface
+ Added Buffer
+ Added Cobblestone Generator
+ Added Infinite Water Source

+ Added Superconducting Electromagnet
+ Added Superconducting Supercooler
+ Added Supercooled Ice

+ Added many new config options
+ Added and tweaked recipes
+ Added new items and other fluids

* Hopefully fixed SpongeForge crash
* Fixed crash related to invalid recipes
* Many, many internal changes
* Updated IC2 API
* Many thanks go to CrazyPants for allowing me to use EnderIO's GUI fluid rendering code!

Reactions: Pyure

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
No words. Wowzers.
I'm very happy that adding the 1.7.10 content back in has gone smoothly so far :)

I'll probably have a minor version out soon ironing out some small things here and there, and might try to make the reactor guis slightly more exciting.

For version 2.3, I want to make a start on adding the accelerator back in, and I'm also going to add some brand new powerful fission coolers, which require external supplies of fluid and/or energy and/or items to remain effective...

JEI integration is still a must, and I definitely should make a video or two or maybe even three when I can next weekend going over the recent additions :)
There are also a few known issues such as buggy guis and incorrect fusion recipes, so just be aware that things aren't perfect yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

FastTquick

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely looking forward to the new power generation machines you have planned. I'm looking forward to adding Nuclearcraft to my copy of FTB Beyond, but I'm only interested in using the Fusion and Antimatter Reactors.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Goodness! This makes me so nostalgic for the old Atomic Science mod (as seen in the Voltz pack)!!! :D Holy moly, that's brilliant.

Its funny; @ShneekeyTheLost Has been talking about a Retro FTB pack (which has been awesome) and now between this and finding out MPS is available, its making me seriously consider a Retro Voltz-style custom pack!

Reactions: triggerfinger12

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I'm definitely looking forward to the new power generation machines you have planned. I'm looking forward to adding Nuclearcraft to my copy of FTB Beyond, but I'm only interested in using the Fusion and Antimatter Reactors.
Well, the current plans as far as power gen is concerned are as follows: active fission coolers in solid-fuel reactors, molten-salt steam-generating fission reactors, possibly inertial-confinement fusion reactors, and then all of the particle-physics-related stuff :)
Goodness! This makes me so nostalgic for the old Atomic Science mod (as seen in the Voltz pack)!!! :D Holy moly, that's brilliant.
I loved Atomic Science too - certainly one of the mods I looked to when thinking of what to do!

Also, will just mention version 2.2b is out - should be more stable than 2.2 and 2.2a, and fixes some of the more annoying bugs that were present in those versions. Videos to come this weekend :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Well, the current plans as far as power gen is concerned are as follows: active fission coolers in solid-fuel reactors, molten-salt steam-generating fission reactors, possibly internal-confinement fusion reactors, and then all of the particle-physics-related stuff :)

I loved Atomic Science too - certainly one of the mods I looked to when thinking of what to do!

Also, will just mention version 2.2b is out - should be more stable than 2.2 and 2.2a, and fixes some of the more annoying bugs that were present in those versions. Videos to come this weekend :)
Awesome! I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I just wanted to quickly ask:

I just checked the Dependencies tab on the Curseforge, and it lists CoFH Core, Industrial Craft and TESLA; will I need all three of these to successfully use NC if I was to make a custom pack?

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Latest minor version 2.2d for MC 1.10.2 and 1.11.2 are is available. I finally think that I have fixed all major bugs that crept into the original 2.2 version, and so 2.2d is now certainly the recommended build :)

EDIT: Apparently not - the fission ports don't work correctly and ore gen doesn't occur in other dimensions. The former is now fixed, and the latter will be resolved with a configurable whitelist of the IDs of dimensions in which to generate ores.

Last edited:

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I planned to return to modding two weeks ago after exams, but that didn't quite happen, but I am confident that I'm finally ready to get modding again - ran into some things that I didn't expect over the last fortnight! First thing to do will be to go through GitHub and fix all of the bugs people are having - I think almost all of them are related to NC having very old versions of certain APIs, so I'll defo update them. Once that's done, I will get back into the swing of things - first, I want to add the extra fission mechanics I discussed a couple of months ago, and then it will be time to move towards steam fission reactors, steam turbines and inertial confinement steam fusion reactors. There have also been calls for integration with GregTech, so that is also something to look into :)

There's also the ever-looming task of adding JEI integration. It appears that, in order for this to happen, the entire recipe system will have to be overhauled, which could take some time. One good thing about doing this other than so that JEI integration becomes possible is that some of the current issues with sets of recipes that involve very similar ingredients should go away.[/p] [p]Anyways, hopefully I can FINALLY get a vid out, and actually get some stuff done - thanks for your patience :)