NuclearCraft - A Modern Physics Mod

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
To those who may have been looking forward to Mekanism gas support...

Unfortunately, things don't look great - the API is in quite a state - some parts of the API even try to reference classes that aren't even present in the API itself. And even though this is fixed in the 1.11.2 API, the gas system in the API does not appear to be working. This is a shame, especially since the 1.7.10 version worked flawlessly.

I'll keep you updated, but for now, it's not worth my time trying to get this to work.

Reactions: fowltief

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
To those who may have been looking forward to Mekanism gas support...

Unfortunately, things don't look great - the API is in quite a state - some parts of the API even try to reference classes that aren't even present in the API itself. And even though this is fixed in the 1.11.2 API, the gas system in the API does not appear to be working. This is a shame, especially since the 1.7.10 version worked flawlessly.

I'll keep you updated, but for now, it's not worth my time trying to get this to work.
Explains why thier gas system never played well with other mods...

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Version 2.3 being uploaded!

Changelog:
+ Added active cooling for Fission and Fusion Reactors
+ Added comparator functionality for Fission and Fusion Reactors
+ Added transparent Reactor Casing and Electromagnets

* Fixed exploit that allowed coolers to be utilised in invalid positions to support other coolers
* Fixed bug where Fission Reactor Ports would not find the Controller
* Fixed bugs related to energy transfer
* Fixed bug where automating machines would disable them after one run
* Fixed bug where battery blocks did not update correctly

+ Additional configs
* Recipe tweaks and additions

* Updated Forge
* Updated CoFH API (1.10.2)
- Removed CoFH API (1.11.2)
* Updated IC2 API

EDIT: Just fixed the localisation issue with the 1.11.2 version.

Last edited:

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Two things - first of all, made a bit of a breakthrough with regards to JEI support... hopefully this won't take as long as I first thought it would now :D

Second, I just realised that I made a silly mistake in the fission structure check code, which causes searches for coolers in valid positions that occur when checking that the coolers that need to be adjacent to other valid coolers to themselves be valid are indeed adjacent to said coolers (trust me, that was harder to write accurately than to read) happen incorrectly. I'll get a quick fix out shortly :)

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
I especially liked the part about JEI support :D
In that case, you may like this...

ojqk3r2nTty2zJb_b8-N9A.png

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Version 2.4 of NuclearCraft has FINALLY been released - thank you so much for bearing with my Captain Slow levels of speed, but I hope the new additions were worth the wait :p
Changelog:

+ Added JEI support
+ Added CraftTweaker support

+ Added Ingot Former
+ Added Pressurizer
+ Added Chemical Reactor
+ Added Salt Mixer
+ Added Crystallizer

+ Added Beryllium - drops from Coal Ore
+ Added Zirconium - drops from Quartz Ore
+ Added a bunch of new items and fluids
+ Added new tools and armor
+ Added Glowing Mushrooms to the Nether

* Fixed crash related to machines trying to push null fluids
* Fixed issues with the Fission Reactor search algorithm
* Fixed crash when mining Redstone Ore

+ Additional configs
* Removed lingering invalid/impossible recipes

* Updated Forge
* Updated IC2 and JEI APIs

Enjoy!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Version 2.4 of NuclearCraft has FINALLY been released - thank you so much for bearing with my Captain Slow levels of speed, but I hope the new additions were worth the wait :p
Changelog:

+ Added JEI support
+ Added CraftTweaker support

+ Added Ingot Former
+ Added Pressurizer
+ Added Chemical Reactor
+ Added Salt Mixer
+ Added Crystallizer

+ Added Beryllium - drops from Coal Ore
+ Added Zirconium - drops from Quartz Ore
+ Added a bunch of new items and fluids
+ Added new tools and armor
+ Added Glowing Mushrooms to the Nether

* Fixed crash related to machines trying to push null fluids
* Fixed issues with the Fission Reactor search algorithm
* Fixed crash when mining Redstone Ore

+ Additional configs
* Removed lingering invalid/impossible recipes

* Updated Forge
* Updated IC2 and JEI APIs

Enjoy!
Your one of the best Mod Dev I've seen.
Very creative too. Congrats.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
A few suggestions, Thermal Expansion fluid support for coolants if it doesn't already exist, you can pump Molten Enderium or Cryotheum into the reactor.
And support for Mekanism Joules.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I don't believe you've tinkered with the mod at all, amirite?
Eh yeah.. Im not gonna add it to AoE cause it would completely break the pack. Will take a look after I finish. But still I didn't see anything about Joules support or ore dict with TE.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Eh yeah.. Im not gonna add it to AoE cause it would completely break the pack. Will take a look after I finish. But still I didn't see anything about Joules support or ore dict with TE.
Gotcha.

Yes, it would definitely break your pack in an existing world, but mostly due to oregen. For a new world, it would probably settle in OK.

For Mek joules: totally unnecessary. Mek uses RF, so if NuclearCraft makes anything like RF, its fine.

For OreDict: you actually mentioned coolant support (a game feature) rather than oredicting (which is entirely different). NuclearCraft's common stuff (like copper and such) were oredict'd properly last I checked.

Also, last I checked, the coolant systems used blocks rather than fluids, rather than pumping things in. Personally I much prefer the idea of pumping coolant in, but as it stands that's not the case. None of that is my point. My point: Cryotheum and Enderium are already supported. This is* out of date, but see https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/4nqq2e/nuclearcraft_17e_fission_reactor_calculation/

*very

turbodiesel4598

Jul 29, 2019
Also, last I checked, the coolant systems used blocks rather than fluids, rather than pumping things in. Personally I much prefer the idea of pumping coolant in, but as it stands that's not the case.
I think my original reason for this was because, unlike big/extreme reactors, there is not an axial symmetry to reactor designs in general, making fluids rather tricky to use. You can, however, actively cool fission reactors using the Active Fluid Cooler, and pump various fluids into it. It does use up the fluid that gets given to it, so although it is far more effective, it can be very expensive.

...Perhaps to shake things up a bit, maybe I'll consider fluid cooling for the steam reactors.