[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

Mist13

Jul 29, 2019
Aw right, SMP, me and my friends had been looking for something after Crash Landing and Agrarian Skies (challenge maps hell yeah)

zepanv

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get a download link for the new version, since it has not shown up on the launcher and the download link in your OP is a 404.

Thanks!

Arcomage

Jul 29, 2019
I've played through most of the first set of quests thus far and have gotten started on neighbours; enjoyed it greatly, but I do have a few points of feedback.
- Quest rewards seem kind of random a lot of the time. You often get a pick between a reward bag, something actually useful, an extra heart and some kind of decorative block. In my opinion, this could be improved upon by letting rewards guide you towards the next step in a questline in providing materials you will need, or at least equalizing the general value of a reward so you actually have to stop and choose.
- As some people have pointed out before, several quests are currently broken.
- Elevators are currently configured to use XP. This makes the actual Abandoned House rather less appealing to use as a base as-is (I took out the elevators, myself), and can cause serious issues if you go into the Adventurer's challenge (the trivia challenge) without having some XP stored up.
- In the Adventurer's challenge, the golden key at the end is not actually linked to the arcane door, so cheating is currently required.
- The Pirate's challenge can be bypassed entirely; while the ending chest is inside a bedrock structure, the bottom of said structure is perfectly breakable. Bedrock structures in general could probably do with having some dirt / sand thrown over them to make their appearance more natural.
- The presence of Pam's Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul suggests to me that you'd like hunger to be an issue, but you start out in an area that's remarkably well-stocked in terms of berry bushes and other food options.
- It'd be nice if the neighbours quests opened up a little earlier. Between tiering up for Iguana Tweaks and the fact that I like exploring anyhow, I'd visited a fair few quest locations long before the corresponding quests opened up; it was kind of weird to then have to go back to a specific entry point for that location to open it up properly.

Overall, I really like what you're trying to do here - I think you're making a fairly successful hybrid of survival challenge and adventure map, and I think I'll come back and have another go at it with some friends later.

Edit: seems I've been playing a slightly outdated version, so some/all of this may in fact have been fixed without me noticing.

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I've played through most of the first set of quests thus far and have gotten started on neighbours; enjoyed it greatly, but I do have a few points of feedback.
- Quest rewards seem kind of random a lot of the time. You often get a pick between a reward bag, something actually useful, an extra heart and some kind of decorative block. In my opinion, this could be improved upon by letting rewards guide you towards the next step in a questline in providing materials you will need, or at least equalizing the general value of a reward so you actually have to stop and choose.
- As some people have pointed out before, several quests are currently broken.
- Elevators are currently configured to use XP. This makes the actual Abandoned House rather less appealing to use as a base as-is (I took out the elevators, myself), and can cause serious issues if you go into the Adventurer's challenge (the trivia challenge) without having some XP stored up.
- In the Adventurer's challenge, the golden key at the end is not actually linked to the arcane door, so cheating is currently required.
- The Pirate's challenge can be bypassed entirely; while the ending chest is inside a bedrock structure, the bottom of said structure is perfectly breakable. Bedrock structures in general could probably do with having some dirt / sand thrown over them to make their appearance more natural.
- The presence of Pam's Harvestcraft and Hunger Overhaul suggests to me that you'd like hunger to be an issue, but you start out in an area that's remarkably well-stocked in terms of berry bushes and other food options.
- It'd be nice if the neighbours quests opened up a little earlier. Between tiering up for Iguana Tweaks and the fact that I like exploring anyhow, I'd visited a fair few quest locations long before the corresponding quests opened up; it was kind of weird to then have to go back to a specific entry point for that location to open it up properly.

Overall, I really like what you're trying to do here - I think you're making a fairly successful hybrid of survival challenge and adventure map, and I think I'll come back and have another go at it with some friends later.

Edit: seems I've been playing a slightly outdated version, so some/all of this may in fact have been fixed without me noticing.
Much of this has been changed however I do understand some concerns. However, problems with the map itself cannot be changed because I don't want to do a map reset D: I'm sorry

DarkPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Pack seems solid enough so far, but is missing a few things. (Take this as constructive feedback and not a dig at you)

I would add a description regarding what you're supposed to do with some of the mods, would make it a bit easier on new players and would stop them from deleting the mod pack after getting frustrated on the third or fourth quest because they don't know about mods like Iguana Tweaks.

The average user is not going to know about adding mob skulls to tinkers picks to upgrade the tier of their weapon which would lead to a large amount of confusion and frustration. This is not helped by the sheer lack of information and informative posts about these mods online.

Maybe a couple of early quests that teach you that you're expected to upgrade the tools etc? Rather than being confronted with a quest like Grind 'em Up which appears to be an early game quest, but which you can't even complete after getting a Creeper modified iron pick.

I've been playing modded minecraft for years and the not being able to mine Iron while I could mine tin confused even me, and even when I worked out eventually that I needed a creeper skull it took me almost an hour running around with a cleaver to get one. The average player isn't going to know a) you need a cleaver or b) that they need to farm creepers to upgrade their tool, and if they do they may give up after killing a hundred creepers and not getting a single head.

Really good mod pack, I like what you're doing, just needs to be a little more informative, it's not fun to have to wiki something every 5 minutes.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Pack seems solid enough so far, but is missing a few things. (Take this as constructive feedback and not a dig at you)

I would add a description regarding what you're supposed to do with some of the mods, would make it a bit easier on new players and would stop them from deleting the mod pack after getting frustrated on the third or fourth quest because they don't know about mods like Iguana Tweaks.

The average user is not going to know about adding mob skulls to tinkers picks to upgrade the tier of their weapon which would lead to a large amount of confusion and frustration. This is not helped by the sheer lack of information and informative posts about these mods online.

Maybe a couple of early quests that teach you that you're expected to upgrade the tools etc? Rather than being confronted with a quest like Grind 'em Up which appears to be an early game quest, but which you can't even complete after getting a Creeper modified iron pick.

I've been playing modded minecraft for years and the not being able to mine Iron while I could mine tin confused even me, and even when I worked out eventually that I needed a creeper skull it took me almost an hour running around with a cleaver to get one. The average player isn't going to know a) you need a cleaver or b) that they need to farm creepers to upgrade their tool, and if they do they may give up after killing a hundred creepers and not getting a single head.

Really good mod pack, I like what you're doing, just needs to be a little more informative, it's not fun to have to wiki something every 5 minutes.
Using heads is the quick way to boost the pick(if you have them). You can always mine until you have enough boost Xp

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

DarkPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
Using heads is the quick way to boost the pick(if you have them). You can always mine until you have enough boost Xp

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

You appear not to have read my post properly.

I know this is how you do it, what my worry is is that newer players will get confused and just quit the map because theres no clear hint at what to do.
These players won't spend hours mining cobble being unable to do anything else only to have their pick level up randomly, they'll just quit because they don't know what to do.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
You appear not to have read my post properly.

I know this is how you do it, what my worry is is that newer players will get confused and just quit the map because theres no clear hint at what to do.
These players won't spend hours mining cobble being unable to do anything else only to have their pick level up randomly, they'll just quit because they don't know what to do.
I might not have wrote it the best way.
I was just leaving an alternate way of doing it for the random reader that gets on the forum trying to find more info about how to level the pick. Was not a direct response to you but more keeping my post in context with yours.

About what you say, keep in mind this is not a beginners pack... A pack that asks to hoard 64 ingots of multiple alloys on the 4th or 5th quest while having hunger overhaul and spice of life is a pack for experienced players, not for new players!

Arcomage

Jul 29, 2019
It also means that the order of operations is kind of broken, though. Because you can't mine certus quartz without an iron pick, you need a smeltery. Which means you have ore doubling online long before you can reasonably be expected to build a grindstone. As a consequence, I never used mine. Grind 'em Up is currently redundant to your actual progression. There's several potential fixes for that - adding a little bit of certus quartz dust in a chest in the world would work, as would giving out an iron pick head as a reward for one of the TiCo quests.

DarkPhoenix

Jul 29, 2019
It also means that the order of operations is kind of broken, though. Because you can't mine certus quartz without an iron pick, you need a smeltery. Which means you have ore doubling online long before you can reasonably be expected to build a grindstone. As a consequence, I never used mine. Grind 'em Up is currently redundant to your actual progression. There's several potential fixes for that - adding a little bit of certus quartz dust in a chest in the world would work, as would giving out an iron pick head as a reward for one of the TiCo quests.
Exactly, thats pretty much how im feeling playing through.

Things seem to be a touch out of order which makes it confusing, you feel like you should be doing quest X when in reality its not really possible at that time.

Tim_NZ

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a reason the Tinkers Crafting Station can't access the inventory of a chest placed next to it?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim_NZ

Jul 29, 2019
Hi NJM, thanks for the reply. I've only tried so far with vanilla chests. (I've also redownloaded the pack to test, and the issue remains).

Cheers,

Tim