[NOW PLAYABLE] The Abandoned House 2 [Jam-Packed] [145+ Quests] [Dungeons, Tech, Bees, Magic]

What should be added to the map?

• Total voters

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hi NJM, thanks for the reply. I've only tried so far with vanilla chests. (I've also redownloaded the pack to test, and the issue remains).

Cheers,

Tim
Yeah I apologize, the latest version of Tinker's doesn't have iguanaTweaks compatibility.

Reactions: Tim_NZ

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I apologize, the latest version of Tinker's doesn't have iguanaTweaks compatibility.
The latest version doesnt work with IguanaTweaks for Tinkers Construnct but works with IguanaTweaks (different mod, same stuff)
Check Agrarian Skies, latest Tinkers with the other Iguana mod

Virkkoka

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curriosity what is the planned method for getting past Flint/Copper tools without rewards from reward bags or cheating?

I tried 22 ways and I have found only one that works. It is horribly inefficient.

Options considered:
Terrain smasher (for obsidian or iron) - Needs Iron for recipie
Igneous extruder (for obsidian) - Needs iron for recipie
Obsidian pick - Needs obsidian (no way to break or make)
Transition plane (for obsidian or iron) - rRequires iron
Project red tools - Gem ores require better than copper tools to aquire
Openblocks Block Breaker (for obsidian or iron) - Requires diamond pick in recipie
BC Mining Well (for obsidian or iron) - Requires iron
BC Quarry (for obsidian or iron) - Requires iron (among other things)
MFR block breaker (for obsidian or iron) - Requires gold or invar tools
Laser drill - Needs diamonds
Bees - Both the carpenter and the squeezer requires bronze and both are required for an apiary
TF Picks - Need a diamond for the portal
Extra Utilities pick - nNeeds diamonds
TC Flint Pick - Flint can only break up to copper
TC Copper Pick - Copper can only break up to copper
TC Bronze pick - Bronze requires Tin
TC Steel pick - Steel requires iron
Thaumium pick - Thaumium requires iron
Natura picks - They cannot break higher than copper.
Forestry pick - Bronze needs tin and survivalist pick cannot break iron.
IC2 bronze pick - Bronze needs tin
TNT - The way that works. This destroys most of the iron gravel or the iron vien but if you are lucky you get one ore out of it.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curriosity what is the planned method for getting past Flint/Copper tools without rewards from reward bags or cheating?

I tried 22 ways and I have found only one that works. It is horribly inefficient.

Options considered:
Openblocks Block Breaker (for obsidian or iron) - Requires diamond pick in recipie
Bees - Both the carpenter and the squeezer requires bronze and both are required for an apiary
TNT - The way that works. This destroys most of the iron gravel or the iron vien but if you are lucky you get one ore out of it.
I'll work on it.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019

Options considered:
One page before we talked about that... Unless the update changed the way this works, you have to mine with the copper pickaxe until you get enough boost xp. When it gets boosted it will be able to mine the next mineral level. And then you make a new pickaxe head with the new mineral, upgrade the pick and start all over again

Other way is using mob heads to boost the pick but only works on low level picks.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Virkkoka

Jul 29, 2019
One page before we talked about that...
Unless the update changed the way this works, you have to mine with the copper pickaxe until you get enough boost xp. When it gets boosted it will be able to mine the next mineral level. And then you make a new pickaxe head with the new mineral, upgrade the pick and start all over again

Other way is using mob heads to boost the pick but only works on low level picks.
Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk
The way I found is faster than your two if wasteful.

You don't really have to modify much. You could put it in as a quest where the submit is a single iron ore or iron gravel explaining how to do it in the quest text (my way or the ways Nunoagapito mentioned) or you could give one iron ore or obsidian as a quest reward earlier in the tree.
Things to think about.

V

Last edited:

Kehaan

Jul 29, 2019
TheOldOne have made Tic Tweaks, which have support for the newest TC :) And it works perfect. Iquana even direct his users to the new one :)

Shoshy

Jul 29, 2019
I turned in the quest which required me to build various IC2 and TE machines and when i tried to open the reward bag i got, the game crashed and it continues to crash whenever i try to enter it.

Here is the crash log (hope I'm doing it right, I've never done this before xD )

http://pastebin.com/vNFK5MjR

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, I'm having a slight issue.. I have no idea how to progress past the Tinker's quest. I need to make a stone pick head and a stone axe head, but I can't mine stone. I saw a post earlier in the thread that says this was fixed, but I'm in 1.2.7, which is the lastest available on the launcher, and I cannot use wood to make a pickaxe head, nor can I make a wooden pickaxe.. So I have no way to get stone.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
So uh, I'm having a slight issue.. I have no idea how to progress past the Tinker's quest. I need to make a stone pick head and a stone axe head, but I can't mine stone. I saw a post earlier in the thread that says this was fixed, but I'm in 1.2.7, which is the lastest available on the launcher, and I cannot use wood to make a pickaxe head, nor can I make a wooden pickaxe.. So I have no way to get stone.
You should use flint to make a flint head.

The fix was about the way to obtain flint, that was somewhat bugged. It was a recipe and I think now it drops normaly when harvested with a shovel.
Now... you will need a shovel for that... :p

You can also try bone tools, they can also mine stone, I think

Sniper1551

Jul 29, 2019

You can find cobble and some other matrials in basement.

Tempissed

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there was one stone in the basement, but I needed two to complete the quest. I eventually found some gravel, but it was a pain to have to run around the entire island looking for surface gravel, or gravel just under the layer of dirt; maybe something in the quest book that points to a nearby gravel deposit? Bone cannot be used to make pickaxe heads, unfortunately, so that wouldn't work.

Sniper1551

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there was one stone in the basement, but I needed two to complete the quest. I eventually found some gravel, but it was a pain to have to run around the entire island looking for surface gravel, or gravel just under the layer of dirt; maybe something in the quest book that points to a nearby gravel deposit? Bone cannot be used to make pickaxe heads, unfortunately, so that wouldn't work.

I have a complete stack of cobble in that shelf.
cobble.png