Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

Jul 29, 2019
as far as i know, it keeps track of ALL nodes you scanned, thus nodes placed new in the world also get listed, the hungry node i fed in regrowth also got listed and when moved and rescanned it got listed on the new coordinates.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
There is an "edit" button, btw. It should be under your post, to the right of the timestamp.

You will only find gold if you dig deeper, atleast lava level. And you should get an transmutation tablet asap. Then, you can have as much gold as you have other things to turn into EMC. And wool, string, food... Just remember: Once you make a piece of dark matter, you CAN'T change it back, unlike the alchemical coal.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
is there an ore gen thing? i have been looking for gold for AGES and maybe have found 10-15 ingots worth...

With all the methods of ore doubling available, plus the orechid and transmutation tablet, if you can find at least a little of an ore you probably won't need to worry about it again.

There's also several methods of setting up a transmutation process that will generate a net EMC gain, allowing you to bootstrap your way into resource security, if you don't mind abusing the loopholes. If you want to stay 100% legit, getting a transmutation tablet and then feeding it with a massive wheat farm or the Witching Gadgets cobblestone generators is a good way to provide yourself with unlimited (if a bit slower) fuel.

(Personally, I feel that if a non-obvious loophole exists in a pack due to mod interaction, it's entirely in-theme for a wizard to take advantage of them. This is especially the case if you bother to do so in an interesting or complex way. Since Banished is all about screwing around with things you probably shouldn't have... )

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, i almost forgot the divining rod. I only use the high one, but it has unlimited uses, so that's something.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, i almost forgot the divining rod. I only use the high one, but it has unlimited uses, so that's something.

You also get a Pick of the Core as a quest reward at some point, and you can use it's right click 'sonar' function to locate ores, which is especially useful in combination with a divining rod.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You also get a Pick of the Core as a quest reward at some point, and you can use it's right click 'sonar' function to locate ores, which is especially useful in combination with a divining rod.

Eh, that seems like overkill. The divining rod is precise enough as it is, if you have an rough understanding on which emc value corresponds to which ore.

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, that seems like overkill. The divining rod is precise enough as it is, if you have an rough understanding on which emc value corresponds to which ore.

If you had to craft it, I would agree, but since you get the pick as a freebie anyway you might as well use it.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
If you had to craft it, I would agree, but since you get the pick as a freebie anyway you might as well use it.

Even if, im still waiting for that greatwood tree to grow.

is there any way you can automatically import items into a transmutation tablet?

Let me guess, for those cobblestone stacks? Get an "Gem of Eternal Density" instead, just MAKE SURE to make it an whitelist (right click) or else it might suck up things (like clay!) that you wanted to use later.

Jul 29, 2019
in other modpacks i usually use the energy chest (not sure what the name is) where you can input the wanted output item...

was just thinking about automation of that entire proces, not even for this modpack but for others as well...

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Energy Condenser... I think it's still in the pack. There isn't a good way to dump items into the tablet automatically, I don't think.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Today i learned that i can delete a Node wih slabs. :(

Oh, and i had an Ghast bombardment today. Had to invest in an Obsidian roof. Those things hit hard in this modpack! Like, TNT hard!

in other modpacks i usually use the energy chest (not sure what the name is) where you can input the wanted output item...

was just thinking about automation of that entire proces, not even for this modpack but for others as well...

The Energy Condenser is made with Vortex infusion.

Make absolutely certain it has enough space and then use a Cascading Grower on it. Works on Silverwood trees too.

The greatwood tree grew (i placed it in the dangerous, but spacious caverns), but now im waiting for silverwood... i even planted several of them.

Last edited:

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
The Silverwood is touchy and requires a lot more open space than I'd initially expected it would, but the Grower will work on them. I just filled a node with red aura and used dynamite to dose it with a ton of grow ticks at once.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
The Silverwood is touchy and requires a lot more open space than I'd initially expected it would, but the Grower will work on them. I just filled a node with red aura and used dynamite to dose it with a ton of grow ticks at once.

Eh, the tree has grown since then, i simply placed one where the greatwood tree grew. Really, im no fan of aura cascade. I guess im to old as an minecraftian to throw items on the ground.

The only things i'm missing now are ghast tears and pig fat. Clay too, but we have the clayconia for that purpose. Hm. Can Ghast tears spawn in Dungeon Chests? If so, the loonium might be a answer. Cacodemons spawn far to rarely.

EDIT: Someone could have told me that ONLY silent gems can apply night vision.

EDIT2: Looks like that only the chaos onyx you get through the questline can apply night vision?!

EDIT3: A Botania blood pendant with owlsight works, but it flickers. GAH, my eyes! >_<

Last edited:

Mechalith

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with chupacabras just totally ignoring iterdiction torches? That wouldn't be such a problem on its own, but they also appear able to spawn just about anywhere, even in a fully lit room with a half slab floor, which has made it utterly impossible to secure my base.

(The ender creepers are not helping on that front either.)

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having trouble with chupacabras just totally ignoring iterdiction torches? That wouldn't be such a problem on its own, but they also appear able to spawn just about anywhere, even in a fully lit room with a half slab floor, which has made it utterly impossible to secure my base.

(The ender creepers are not helping on that front either.)

I never had Chupacabras spawn in my halfslab world. Then again, im living higher up, and they only seem to spawn in the lower regions. They do ignore light levels and they don't show up on the radar, coppeled with their high speed makes them highly annoying. As for Ender creepers, i never had one explode in my base, but for safety i always use obsidian chests. (And the orange protection amulet, but that doesn't help my base.)

J

Javatech

I am having issues in 1.4.1 of the missions are no longer recognizing the player focus in my inventory.
I can have 4 of them and it will show 0/1.

I cannot wait to find a server with a newer version but the one I am on is rock solid and fast at least.

EDIT:
I just went through my book and I have no started missions, but it acts like one is inprogress because I cannot start anything that uses one

Last edited:

jazzadellic

Jul 29, 2019
Guardian chest is complete garbage, it has only worked for me like 1 time out of 10 deaths. Why even bother having it in the pack? Please put in openblocks gravestone, or anything that works better than GC, (which would be anything). I've never had openblocks gravestone fail on me in like a 100 deaths. Right now it's the single most annoying thing about the pack, everything else I'm enjoying.