Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Howdyhowdy Drastic. I'm moving along down the Botania-line and a thing just occurred to me.

Remember the other day when I was asking about water and eternal springs being disabled? Isn't that going to wreck how hydroangeas work? Because hydroangeas were such a nice source of mana in Hubris, and I think without an eternal spring they're going to be pretty useless, aren't they? They remove water source blocks, don't they?

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
They no longer consume the water block so you should be good.
By design, that only happens if it's an infinite spring, functionally. Otherwise they still consume the water block. Unless you've changed things yourself of course such that it doesn't work that way? If so, that helps with the concern I had with Botania and is the reason I haven't explored it at all just yet; I'm pretty useless with figuring out more complex methods of mana production, unfortunately.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
Ya i thought that would wreck the hydroangeas but after making i find them to still work and work beautiful i'm thinking up setting up like 4x12 sets around 4 mana pools with a mana detector i think its called in the middle spreading the mana evenly, my question i'm confused on how sparks work do i need the upgrades to make them transfer mana to another pool or am i just using them incorrectly?

Lepsink

Jul 29, 2019
the quarry spell only digs down ? i mean that makes sense since its "quarrying", but hell thats dangerous when you dont know whats beneath :/

Reactions: StellarPatois

StellarPatois

Jul 29, 2019
the quarry spell only digs down ? i mean that makes sense since its "quarrying", but hell thats dangerous when you dont know whats beneath :/

That one caught me by surprise, too. I even read the description in the quest book. Aura Cascade red gem amulets are really valuable in this modpack :)

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
how big of a hole does it make? Also maybe stand on a block or 2 above where you start so you can put maybe a water bucket flowing down for lava?