Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Almost any resource will have limited value as a sink...Sooner or later the player will move beyond needing to use dark power to get the resource.

Well, hm. Perhaps rare things which CAN'T be automated/farmed. The sorts of thing which you either find, or you don't.

Some low-level things I'm having trouble finding that might be useful dark power sinks are feathers and slime. Feathers are no problem IF you have chickens but so far the eggs aren't giving me any love. Slime is pretty tricky just because of the need to find slime chunks and inability to see the moon.

How about 500 dark power = 1 HQM heart
300 dark power = 1 sunstone, for Ars Magica altars
250 dark power = book of Soulbound I
200 dark power = 1 cow. (Obv will usually only be used twice, but if a creeper takes out your ranch...Well, sure would be nice to be able to cast 'summon cow!')
200 dark power = 1 sheep. (as above)

At this point I would LOVE to be able to pay 100 dark power for 1 gold ore. :6 Is gold spawn deliberately nerfed or is my luck just that bad? I have a couple of stacks of iron and close to 3/4 stack of diamonds (no fortune enchants yet, either!) but I've seen about a ten gold ore total!
150 dark power = 1 pig. (pigs are cheaper because they don't grant any renewable resources like milk/wool)

mitchthequaker

Jul 29, 2019
Almost any resource will have limited value as a sink...Sooner or later the player will move beyond needing to use dark power to get the resource.

Well, hm. Perhaps rare things which CAN'T be automated/farmed. The sorts of thing which you either find, or you don't.

Some low-level things I'm having trouble finding that might be useful dark power sinks are feathers and slime. Feathers are no problem IF you have chickens but so far the eggs aren't giving me any love. Slime is pretty tricky just because of the need to find slime chunks and inability to see the moon.

200 dark power = 1 cow. (Obv will usually only be used twice, but if a creeper takes out your ranch...Well, sure would be nice to be able to cast 'summon cow!')

At this point I would LOVE to be able to pay 100 dark power for 1 gold ore. :6 Is gold spawn deliberately nerfed or is my luck just that bad? I have a couple of stacks of iron and close to 3/4 stack of diamonds (no fortune enchants yet, either!) but I've seen about a ten gold ore total!
150 dark power = 1 pig. (pigs are cheaper because they don't grant any renewable resources like milk/wool)
all shall be answered with EE

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I think the issue most people are having here is that the pack very clearly isn't for you but instead of leaving it at that and being on your way you stick about and argue, it's not so much a discussion as it is just you telling people that you don't like it and them telling you that they do, people have differing opinions on what's fun, I like this masochistic hard stuff, if you don't then the pack's very much not designed for you and that's fine, there are plenty more packs out there.
Then if this pack is designed to appeal to that type of player, then it should be advertised/described as such. Right now it's described as being a continuation or counterpart of the hubris modpack, which is not even close to the same masochistic hard level this pack is. This comparison is the whole reason I have stuck around trying to give suggestions. Therein lies the problem this pack will have, as you are going to draw in people that the hubris pack appealed to, and then hit them with the grief stick. I'm sure there are some people that enjoy that play style, so you should probably be a bit more clear about it on the front page so you get the right type of players.

Hazzor

Jul 29, 2019
Then if this pack is designed to appeal to that type of player, then it should be advertised/described as such. Right now it's described as being a continuation or counterpart of the hubris modpack, which is not even close to the same masochistic hard level this pack is. This comparison is the whole reason I have stuck around trying to give suggestions. Therein lies the problem this pack will have, as you are going to draw in people that the hubris pack appealed to, and then hit them with the grief stick. I'm sure there are some people that enjoy that play style, so you should probably be a bit more clear about it on the front page so you get the right type of players.

I don't really see anything wrong with the description of the pack, all i see is that "it's similar in that there are no tech mods", and that it's the other side of the story, i don't necesarily think that really implies anything about the difficulty being the same as that of hubris

All i think you could argue is that maybe there should be a little disclaimer that it's a hard pack, but even then, it's not like you're losing out if you play it and don't like it, maybe you waste 15-20 minutes, and if you do specify that it's some ridiculously hard and massochistic pack you're gonna get people complaining that it's not actually THAT hard if you know what you're doing

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
How is it exploitative?

Because exploiting weaknesses in the mob AI is what makes it an effective strat in the first place. It is what makes most PvE strats effective in many games, not just Minecraft.

If you confuse "exploitative" with "using exploits" that is entirely your problem, not mine. :)

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
May I suggest adding MobInhibitor, adjust the boundaries (great options in it for that,) remove the recipes, and let the player buy it at, say, 300? Gives them some breathing room.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
Do any of the nodes you can get as a reward have the possibility of being sinister or hungry? That would make for an unfortunate roll if you popped one by your base.

I havent unlocked all my dark power spells, but do we get any for fire protection?

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
A projectile light spell is a good idea, that will be added next.

May I suggest adding MobInhibitor, adjust the boundaries (great options in it for that,) remove the recipes, and let the player buy it at, say, 300? Gives them some breathing room.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Looks very interesting, I will check it out!

Do any of the nodes you can get as a reward have the possibility of being sinister or hungry? That would make for an unfortunate roll if you popped one by your base.

I havent unlocked all my dark power spells, but do we get any for fire protection?

Uhhh I don't think I remember, but I am pretty sure? If not, you will soon. And the creative nodes can become anything but a hungry node is actually fairly rare. But a hungry node has its uses, just not if you put it in the middle of your base :)

Ore gen was actually buffed in this pack, world height has a lot to do with it however. I suspect people feel that the ore gen is low because the grass/sand/mesa biomes cover it up.

You can already find moon and sunstone naturally spawning like diamonds and animals can spawn underground and the baiter fairy charm from aura cascade spawns TONS of animals for free once you craft it. However a soulbound book is a good idea.

Last edited:

Cee Jay

Jul 29, 2019
I added a workaround for this on the server when you try to drop it you will be notified on what you need to do to hand it in.
There's a bug only affecting cauldron (server side) with that which I'll see if it can get fixed up in the meantime.
Yep, works great now, thanks.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I did notice you removed the soulbound from the individual spells. I was going to try and arm myself with spells in the individual inventory slots for easier access as the AR spellbook scrolling only works in one direction despite keybindings for both directions. I would rather keep them if i did die during a siege so i have something to defend myself upon respawn so into the spellbook they go. I was thinking I would get 2 spellbooks, so one could hold combat spells and the other utility spells. Can you have more than 1 of the soulbound spellbooks? I haven't tried since Im currently waiting for my first epic siege to happen and have locked myself in an obsidian cube and I dont have enough dark power at the moment.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can even color them with dye to differentiate them, just make sure there are no spells inside of them when you color them.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Update 1.1.3
  • Projectile Light Spell and a mining quarry spell have been added to the dark power list,.
  • Can now obtain soul bound books for dark power
  • Can now obtain Affinity: None books with dark power, this is used to reset your affinities from AM2 if you don't like them.
  • Mob inhibitors added - dark power obtainable only. These will stop mobs from spawning in a 10 block radius of a cube wherever you place them. Thanks @Lethosos
  • Added a clock to beginning quests for primitive day tracking
  • Changed all botania items to fuzzy detection - should fix them not detecting properly.
  • Essence for dark power quest has been nerfed.
  • Updated Automagy and Botania
  • Updated scripts folder to reflect the removal of recipes for mob inhibitors.
This update is targeted at late game dark power usage with the ability to reset your affinity or provide permanent protection against mob spawning with a little bit of diligence.

piter50

Jul 29, 2019
I had created a chest armor piece prior to upgrading to 1.1.2. When i had logged in the first time after updating to 1.1.2, the quest book said i had turned in legs. My chest piece had some take a few hits so now when i try to turn it in, it doesn't register. I suppose i can just cheat in a new chest piece, but any chance we can make the iron armor detection fuzzy?