November News

Discussion in 'Feed the Beast News' started by Feed the Beast, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Feed the Beast

Feed the Beast Administrator Team Member

Modpack News

Development is progressing on our expert mode pack for Minecraft 1.12. We have settled on the name FTB Continuum and are starting testing this week. As usual, there's no release timeline.

We are also developing the 1.12 version of Direwolf20's pack which will likely release much sooner than the expert mode one.

FTB Utilities Badges

Do you create content for Minecraft? If you are a streamer, youtuber, modder, modpack maker or create anything else in Minecraft, you can apply for an ingame badge on your player. See this site for more details.

Discord Server

In addition to our Twitch app server, FTB now has an official Discord server. Join by clicking on the image below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DinnerBeef

DinnerBeef Active Member

I Have To Be The First To Make This Joke.
    [​IMG]

compwiz91 and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  3. IceLord

IceLord Active Member

Will we have Twilight forest in Continuum?

4. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

Uncertain. They're already in testing which means they've probably 99% decided the modlist, but there's room for flux if the testing demonstrates a serious issue.

My guess: probably not because, as Magzie pointed out, the 1.12 version was released pretty recently, and the general modlist would have been figured out before then. It would have to be a late-addition someone on the staff really wanted, with a use-case for an "expert" pack.

That said, if you don't mind breaking the balance of the pack (to each their own), its generally safe to add mods. (Removing mods is a different matter)

5. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about TF and it's dev. If is the old dev then the mod could shape faster. If someone took over the mod it is more likely updating code to 1.12 first before dealing with bugs and then adding other stuff. Last word was it wasn't being updated anymore? I just happened to look on curse for version it was for. If it is stable I would look more to Direwolf pack to add it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  6. Ldog

Ldog Active Member

So is Twilight Forest going to be included?
    :p

Pyure likes this.
  7. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

8. compwiz91

compwiz91 Active Member

Can't wait for the new expert mode pack! Still playing Infinity evolved: Expert. If it's anything like that pack i'm sure everyone will enjoy the challenge =).

9. Dylanrocks808

Dylanrocks808 Member

i honestly can wait to host this on my server

10. d3w10n

d3w10n Active Member

So I was wondering... is there a plan for final update of FTB Lite 3? Since a lot mods are final for 1.7.10.

11. Magzie

Magzie Well-Known Member

Hey FYI Direwolf20 1.12 is supposed to be out today. If you can't find it on the twitch launcher it is because they are still dealing with a crash. They still expect it to be up today. I post this cause allot of people are asking on youtube so just FYI. Also Direwolf 1st episode on the pack is up so enjoy that.

Note: As predicted Twilight Forest is in the Direwolf20 pack. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM
    Padfoote and Pyure like this.