November News

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack News

Development is progressing on our expert mode pack for Minecraft 1.12. We have settled on the name FTB Continuum and are starting testing this week. As usual, there's no release timeline.

We are also developing the 1.12 version of Direwolf20's pack which will likely release much sooner than the expert mode one.

FTB Utilities Badges

Do you create content for Minecraft? If you are a streamer, youtuber, modder, modpack maker or create anything else in Minecraft, you can apply for an ingame badge on your player. See this site for more details.

Discord Server

In addition to our Twitch app server, FTB now has an official Discord server. Join by clicking on the image below.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinnerBeef

Oct 14, 2014
Illinois
Dinnerbeef.me
I Have To Be The First To Make This Joke.
Stargate_Continuum.jpg

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Will we have Twilight forest in Continuum?
Uncertain. They're already in testing which means they've probably 99% decided the modlist, but there's room for flux if the testing demonstrates a serious issue.

My guess: probably not because, as Magzie pointed out, the 1.12 version was released pretty recently, and the general modlist would have been figured out before then. It would have to be a late-addition someone on the staff really wanted, with a use-case for an "expert" pack.

That said, if you don't mind breaking the balance of the pack (to each their own), its generally safe to add mods. (Removing mods is a different matter)

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I don't know enough about TF and it's dev. If is the old dev then the mod could shape faster. If someone took over the mod it is more likely updating code to 1.12 first before dealing with bugs and then adding other stuff. Last word was it wasn't being updated anymore? I just happened to look on curse for version it was for. If it is stable I would look more to Direwolf pack to add it.

Last edited:

d3w10n

Oct 9, 2014
So I was wondering... is there a plan for final update of FTB Lite 3? Since a lot mods are final for 1.7.10.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey FYI Direwolf20 1.12 is supposed to be out today. If you can't find it on the twitch launcher it is because they are still dealing with a crash. They still expect it to be up today. I post this cause allot of people are asking on youtube so just FYI. Also Direwolf 1st episode on the pack is up so enjoy that.

Note: As predicted Twilight Forest is in the Direwolf20 pack. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote and Pyure

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Anyone know why none of the mod Devs are adding in the crafting book to the modded crafting tables? I have had some people ask me a I have no clue?

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Yeap first the wiki link. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Recipe_book

Basically now in minecraft certain things will unlock recipes like say getting close to water unlocks all the boat recipes or chopping down a certain type of tree. Regardless of what actions unlock recipes for you any recipe can be unlocked by crafting. This system runs off in game crafting recipes. You can craft in a 2 by 2 grid or in a 3 by 3 one. The only way to use this vanilla mechanic right now is a Vanilla Crafting table. This is because no other mod with a crafting mechanic in it is updating to this feature. There for you can't use this wonderful feature saves loads of time. I mean most modded players don't even know using a vanilla crafting table now doesn't even drop your items on the floor anymore when exiting the table.

Reactions: Pyure

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Anyone know why none of the mod Devs are adding in the crafting book to the modded crafting tables? I have had some people ask me a I have no clue?

if you use a mod that has its own crafting table its also highly likely that you use other mods like JEI which serve the same purpose as that book but has the benefit that most players already are familiar with it (though, that will change with time) and I'm pretty sure that that book is broken for me or there is something I don't get about it (using modern skyblock 2.).
upload_2017-12-1_13-40-9.png

pretty much none of those things look like I can craft them despite having it set to only show craftable (which should only show the things I can create right now? Right?)
Additionally, some spots are emptied and called air and something is missing a texture. JEI meanwhile has none of these problems.
So, all in all. Right now mod dev's probably just don't see the value of adding it it. That is my guess at least as to why that book is missing in mod crafting tables. Expect book integration to come with time, especially once it starts to have less problems

Reactions: Pyure

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
if you use a mod that has its own crafting table its also highly likely that you use other mods like JEI which serve the same purpose as that book but has the benefit that most players already are familiar with it (though, that will change with time) and I'm pretty sure that that book is broken for me or there is something I don't get about it (using modern skyblock 2.).
View attachment 35298
pretty much none of those things look like I can craft them despite having it set to only show craftable (which should only show the things I can create right now? Right?)
Additionally, some spots are emptied and called air and something is missing a texture. JEI meanwhile has none of these problems.
So, all in all. Right now mod dev's probably just don't see the value of adding it it. That is my guess at least as to why that book is missing in mod crafting tables. Expect book integration to come with time, especially once it starts to have less problems
So in packs that use tweaked recipes they may not have the recipe enter right for the recipe book or the book can't read the tweaked file don't know. On the JEI being the same it totally isn't. JEI is close but the recipe book is loads better with 1 click crafting, right click to show multiply recipes, and it will also show recipes in the crafting table if you don't have to stuff to make it. I mean even JEI could update to use the Book features and then JEI menu could be used just like the book. JEi is still useful as most mod devs haven't added in the auto recipe gain feature use in 1.12 yet ether. I think the main problem is modded players don't know how to use it. As for the Mod devs they only have to allow access to the book in the crafting grid. It interacts with the grid the same as JEI would. I am assuming that would mean adding code to allow that to happen which is why it hasn't happened.

RareChill

Jul 29, 2019
The wait is finally over! I am so excited for Continuum and I would like to see more frequent Modpack releases + Updates.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Is there a list of steamers/youtubers doing FTB one alpha Videos on the new pack?