Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, technically, everything is renewable. Not with machines but still. Everything is renewable. Just make a mystcraft age. Kinda crazy, but still renewable.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
that is not renewable, you need to keep moving to get more, not like a carrot farm, for example.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Renewable

Relating to a natural resource, such as solar energy, water, or wood, that is never used up or that can be replaced by new growth.
All of these things are natural resources or made from natural resources. All of these items can be replaced. Infinitely.​

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Renewable
Relating to a natural resource, such as solar energy, water, or wood, that is never used up or that can be replaced by new growth.​
All of these things are natural resources or made from natural resources. All of these items can be replaced. Infinitely.​
From the OP:
Abdiel's definition of Renewable: "it is possible to create a machine/setup that takes up a limited, fixed amount of space, and with no external inputs is able to produce an arbitrary amount of the resource in a finite time".

Since we're going with the version from the OP here, not everything is renewable in FTB. Most things, but not everything.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with the addition of thaumic bees (probably even without), wouldn't princesses be renewable? Thaumic bees adds better version of royal jelly for use with swarmer, so if swarmer bees with longest possible lifetime and highest possible productivity with addition of frames prolonging life and increasing productivity would produce enough material to replicate them before they die off, then you could expand them infinitely, possibly adding frame machine with blockbreakers to harvest hives.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, with the addition of thaumic bees (probably even without), wouldn't princesses be renewable? Thaumic bees adds better version of royal jelly for use with swarmer, so if swarmer bees with longest possible lifetime and highest possible productivity with addition of frames prolonging life and increasing productivity would produce enough material to replicate them before they die off, then you could expand them infinitely, possibly adding frame machine with blockbreakers to harvest hives.
Bees from the swarmer spawns have a limited recycle rate. If you could make new princess that don't die after a couple generations, then they would be renewable. Currently they are sustainable, and you can only get more princesses by gathering them from hives.(not swarmer hives, though, which die after a few generations, which is why they don't count AFAIK)
A machine which can make a crap ton of liquid DNA into a fresh princess would be nice IMO.

Reactions: Dravarden

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless of the OP's definition of renewable, cobwebs are still renewable. You can make a a setup. Mind you, it wouldn't be automatic.

btw, if I switch the definition of a word I can make false statements too. ;)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Regardless of the OP's definition of renewable, cobwebs are still renewable. You can make a a setup. Mind you, it wouldn't be automatic.

Renewable:
Relating to or being a commodity or resource, such as solar energy or firewood, that is inexhaustible or replaceable by new growth.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if you were defending me or the OP. But you did a good job of defending me. Cobwebs are inexhaustible. Completely and 100% infinite. Along with literally, everything.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019

Show us a setup which can produce cobwebs and it can be removed from the OP then!

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Bees from the swarmer spawns have a limited recycle rate. If you could make new princess that don't die after a couple generations, then they would be renewable. Currently they are sustainable, and you can only get more princesses by gathering them from hives.(not swarmer hives, though, which die after a few generations, which is why they don't count AFAIK)
A machine which can make a crap ton of liquid DNA into a fresh princess would be nice IMO.
If a swarmer bee would produce more than one swarmer bee on average during its lifetime, then you could have in the end infinite amount of swarmer bees. It would require a lot of automation and very good bees to pull it off, but it can be interesting project to do, specially since DW20 build that efficient frame machine. Now I don't know what to do with 20 mining wells and I tend avoid machines that I've seen on youtube (I know that it works, so I don't have to build it), maybe I will use them to expand my RP2/BC/TE/TC3 treefarm.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Make a descriptive book. You can write it however you want. And done. There's bound to be cobwebs in the world. And the real definition of renewable says nothing about a setup.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB, nearly every item can be completely renewable, not including the infinite world of minecraft.
Do I really need to put "and mystcraft" here too?
In the thread, someone used the Mystcraft loophole too, but I'm trying to do this without having to load an infinite amount of chunks. To get infinite spider webs, you'll need an infinite amount of chunks.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
Do I really need to put "and mystcraft" here too?
In the thread, someone used the Mystcraft loophole too, but I'm trying to do this without having to load an infinite amount of chunks. To get infinite spider webs, you'll need an infinite amount of chunks.

If you wanna do it without infinite chucks, then yea sure. Cobwebs aren't renewable. But factually, everything is renewable due to Mystcraft. If you didn't want to include Mystcraft then you should've specified that.