Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I think the player should count. To get infinite discs, you'll need to have a player standing behind a creeper and a skeleton to get them. You can't really do it any other way (unless you got two skeletons to attack eachother and get creepers caught in cross fire, but that probably wouldn't work all too well).

But I say the player should count.

I'm pritty sure you could do that with golems or robots?

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I think the player should count. To get infinite discs, you'll need to have a player standing behind a creeper and a skeleton to get them. You can't really do it any other way (unless you got two skeletons to attack eachother and get creepers caught in cross fire, but that probably wouldn't work all too well).

But I say the player should count.

If you get a skeleton to somehow shot a creeper, if the creeper stops being agro at you, it will target the skeleton and blow him up instead.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
If you get a skeleton to somehow shot a creeper, if the creeper stops being agro at you, it will target the skeleton and blow him up instead.

Unless you have something similar to an XP farm, in which the Creepers get worn down to 1/2 heart before the Skeleton shoots them.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Do soul shard creepers/skeletons work for this? If not, a vanilla system could work, but can you sort mobs?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
But you can't make skeletons automatically shoot anything besides the player.

Is there any way to aggro them onto, say, Turtles? Or some mob like the Iron Golem that automatically aggros them.

Oh, I have an idea. Slow Iron Golem factory (probably triggered by Iron and Roses dropping on the floor so only a certain number of Golems are there at once) to attack Skeletons. While the arrows fly like crazy, some are going to miss and hit your Creeper farm.

MouseyPounds

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding music discs, Skeletons have an attack range of about 10 blocks and Creepers have an attack range of about 3. So you can set up a situation where a player stands about 10 blocks from a skelly to draw aggro and creepers are dropped to low health in-between them. The skellys will accidentally shoot the creepers while targeting the player; if the creepers are kept from getting too close to either via water currents, quicksand, or some head-level block in the way, they never explode and you get your music discs. It may not be truly automatic since it requires a player presence (and there is a small amount of danger since arrows do occasionally come through and hit the player) but it gets the job done if you want to have limitless music discs.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Do soul shard creepers/skeletons work for this? If not, a vanilla system could work, but can you sort mobs?

Well, etho did it back in alpha, with no pistons, and cats, he did it again now, with cats (not long ago).

So yep, is totally possible.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Automatic Disc producing factory: leading into a jukebox=infinite songs!! (except each song can be used indefinitely, but if you wanted some scrap...)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
You can have snow golems aggroing skeletons by throwing snowballs but you will have to automate creation of new snow golems as well to make it fully automatic as they will also get shot in return if they can hit the skeletons.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
You sure about this? I thought the syhpon explosions were caused by either the bug when chunk it is in unloaded, or there being more then one in existance at once. I've not seen anything about a random chance.
I'm fairly sure. I saw it posted on the wiki and also saw multiple threads of people having their dragon egg siphons getting blown up for no apparent reason.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
So when I make the Egg siphon, I void it and spawn me in a quantum Generator? then I plop an egg on top?

Okay.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's possible, just a couple of...glacial precipitators (also known as the only TE machine I've never used) and a pumpkin farm. That'd be a terrible build to do in survival. So much infrastructure...

Can a deployer build a snowman nowadays?

On topic of "renewable, but needs human interaction": anything you craft via Thaumcraft. I don't think there's a way to automate the arcane workbench/infusion altar.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Can a deployer build a snowman nowadays?

On topic of "renewable, but needs human interaction": anything you craft via Thaumcraft. I don't think there's a way to automate the arcane workbench/infusion altar.
I'm not certain that they can. But damn if that isn't worth looking into!
Also good point with the Thaumcraft automation, or rather lack thereof. Someone ought to make a addon to allow for such a thing. And I know of a person who may just be up to the task.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I'm fairly sure. I saw it posted on the wiki and also saw multiple threads of people having their dragon egg siphons getting blown up for no apparent reason.

Since asking other people have confirmed random explosions is false.

The reason for explosions is a gregtech config that by default causes the siphon toe explode is more then one egg exists in the same dimension. IE, by crafting or duping more.

There is definatly no 'random chance' for it to explode.

There were comments about a certain way of chunks unloading trigging the 2 eggcondition mistakenly, but IF that is true a chunkloader will handle it.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Since asking other people have confirmed random explosions is false.

The reason for explosions is a gregtech config that by default causes the siphon toe explode is more then one egg exists in the same dimension. IE, by crafting or duping more.

There is definatly no 'random chance' for it to explode.

There were comments about a certain way of chunks unloading trigging the 2 eggcondition mistakenly, but IF that is true a chunkloader will handle it.

Thats false, the siphon has a 0.01% chance of exploding for no reason.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Just found out that the most recent version of Thaumic Bees has a very nice addition to the Thaumium Grafter... Has a double chance to get greatwood saplings... And SILVERWOOD SAPLINGS! Also some other junk not mentioned in the OP beyond "enhancements". Also the grafter has some balance feature added for using the repair enchant on it.
It's still a abysmal chance to get silverwood saplings, but still, better then nothing!(or basically nothing)
Also discussed prior to the update was changes to the Thaumium Scoop.(most likely to have been included in the update: Using Enchanted Fabric for it. Least Likely: Enchanting with Fortune/Treasure to net extra Bees from hives)

Reactions: Whovian

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019

This leaves us at quite the problem, as All sources I've seen say that the random exploding chance doesn't exist. (I've never seen the 0.01 that wasn't then proven to be one of the other two known bugs).

If that new grafter doubles the chance, then it might makie silverwoods renewable.. ish. Not sure if their are 250+ average leaves per tree which would be required based on the authour stated 1/500 chance of drop.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Is this per tick? Second?
This leaves us at quite the problem, as All sources I've seen say that the random exploding chance doesn't exist. (I've never seen the 0.01 that wasn't then proven to be one of the other two known bugs).

If that new grafter doubles the chance, then it might makie silverwoods renewable.. ish. Not sure if their are 250+ average leaves per tree which would be required based on the authour stated 1/500 chance of drop.
I still don't know what to do about this. Silverwoods is even more iffy than Princesses!

Well, actually, with swarmers and stuff, bees are iffy, you may be able to make more princesses than you lose...
But a higher rate would be amazing and may actually be able to let them be renewable! I mean, they're trees....right?