Non-renewable Items?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Pointless nitpick/useful exploit: you can put a pig spawner in your inventory by picking up any spawner and trying to set it down on top of a torch.
Yea, I'd consider that one more along the lines of exploit, because it's not supposed to happen :p
And is there a difference in looks between the silverfish block and a normal stone? I think silverfish are in extreme hills, too, so it's still not a problem (and you still can't pick up their blocks).

Not. Enough. Uranium. ~_~
And your point is? Uranium is renewable, if you're trying to ask that.
A little hint; when you want to ask a question, put a question mark in it. On most computers, it's to the right of the "." button, which I can see you know quite well how to use. You'll have to hold down shift, though.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
And your point is? Uranium is renewable, if you're trying to ask that.
A little hint; when you want to ask a question, put a question mark in it. On most computers, it's to the right of the "." button, which I can see you know quite well how to use. You'll have to hold down shift, though.

That is not a question. That is a statement.

Sure, it's renewable if you're using it on a Nuclear Reactor. I use it for crafting Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels. If you know of any other way to get Irradiant Uranium, I am all ears.

EDIT: I'm a Dvorak user. The "." and "?" are on different places. LOL

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, maybe I should have specified the type of keyboard.
Well, it's not renewable if using it on a Nuclear Reactor, breeding will run out eventually, statistically.
But bees will get you Uranium.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
And is there a difference in looks between the silverfish block and a normal stone? I think silverfish are in extreme hills, too, so it's still not a problem (and you still can't pick up their blocks).

Exactly. Perfectly normal-looking, but secretly weaponized against the first person who breaks it. This has SMP applications - especially if you want to teach noobs to respect your buildings.

Reactions: jumpfight5

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly. Perfectly normal-looking, but secretly weaponized against the first person who breaks it. This has SMP applications - especially if you want to teach noobs to respect your buildings.

Ooh! That is a really, really good idea! (Except when you want to expand :eek:)
I'll have to try that one, and it's renewable, as long as you aren't foolish with the limited amount of spawners you get (like with every other mob).

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
If someone is using NEI's highlight tips it will alert them of Silverfish blocks by showing the name of the block. Macro mod is another way to do it, too, and you can even make an actual alert for it.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Also the silverfish blocks take a bit longer to break. If you react fast enough, you can stop before the break.

My '?' is the SHIFT of the 'ß', to the right of the '0' (while my '.' is two right of the 'M').

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Can you pick up silverfish blocks using portal guns? If you can, then if you drop it on a torch, the silverfish block will actually drop as an item.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
I think the player should count. To get infinite discs, you'll need to have a player standing behind a creeper and a skeleton to get them. You can't really do it any other way (unless you got two skeletons to attack eachother and get creepers caught in cross fire, but that probably wouldn't work all too well).

But I say the player should count.

There's a glitch where after a snow golem is killed the skeleton will continue to fire at the (now dead) snow golem. And snow golems can be created through Deployers, so its not too hard to automate

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There's a glitch where after a snow golem is killed the skeleton will continue to fire at the (now dead) snow golem. And snow golems can be created through Deployers, so its not too hard to automate
And you only need one snow golem (and one skeleton), right?
How long will it keep shooting?
Can you pick up silverfish blocks using portal guns? If you can, then if you drop it on a torch, the silverfish block will actually drop as an item.
A lot of things can be dropped like that, but it's still glitchy and iChun didn't intend for it to happen, but good to know!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I use the Gravity/Portal gun glitchyness to pick up things like obsidian and machines sometimes.

Bees make nearly EVERYTHING renewable, which is ironic due to the apatite.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
And you only need one snow golem (and one skeleton), right?
How long will it keep shooting?
A lot of things can be dropped like that, but it's still glitchy and iChun didn't intend for it to happen, but good to know!

I believe it will continue shooting until the chunk unloads. I built a record machine in creative and when I exited the game and rejoined the skeleton stopped firing. You also have to make sure your outside the aggro zone or it'll target you after it's killed the snow golem

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it will continue shooting until the chunk unloads. I built a record machine in creative and when I exited the game and rejoined the skeleton stopped firing. You also have to make sure your outside the aggro zone or it'll target you after it's killed the snow golem
Seems like a chunk loader would do the trick....or you could just have it outside of your house.
How would you get past that 128 despawn zone?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a chunk loader would do the trick....or you could just have it outside of your house.
How would you get past that 128 despawn zone?
Just make it in other dimension and chunkload it. Mobs only despawn if closest player in given world is farther away than 128 blocks.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Just make it in other dimension and chunkload it. Mobs only despawn if closest player in given world is farther away than 128 blocks.

Skeletons can sometimes pick up armor off the ground and wear it. There's also a feature where mobs holding or wearing found items can't despawn, which is why zombie pigmen sometimes steal your armor and sword and are still around to kill you with it when you try to run back. I have used this quirk in vanilla record farms.